I found a real eye opening article about WDI

AndyMagic

disneyfamily said:
Add almost twice as slow, don't get me wrong I love BTM. I think Everest is better. Exactly what story is BTM telling, dont go mining or go mining but watch out for bats and earthquakes?

I actually thought the ride layout of Everest was pretty similar to BTM, just faster, and in the dark, and backwards, with a 25' next level animatronic at the end.

I edited my previous post for clarity. Read that one again.

AndyMagic

Lee said:
Eh...opinions vary.
Personally...Mummy makes me :snore:
To each his own.

Indeed opinions vary and I respect everyone's opinion. I just feel like you can't deny that Everest is a rather bare-bones experience when compared to Disney's older E-Tickets.

disneyfamily

AndyMagic said:
I edited my previous post for clarity. Read that one again.

I agree that PotC and HM don't have clear stories to tell, thats half the charm, you get to make up the story for yourself. But as for Everest, the story a least in my mind, is well laid out before you long before you get to the ride vehicles. The in ride story elements are there as well, the ripped up tracks, the sillouette of the Yeti tearing up more tracks. The claw marks on the side of the mountain, not to mention the shrine on the way up and the eagle/hawk. I think top speed is what 55 or 60mph, half of it in the dark. You aren't going to catch everything in a couple of ride throughs. I've ridden it at least 10 times and always see new things.

I would also submit that I enjoy Soarin and Space Mountain and they have no stories whatsoever, so there ya go.

P.S. You couldn't be more correct about Kali, beautiful que, not much time on the ride.

peter11435

AndyMagic said:
Not to mention the ride is at LEAST twice as long,

Not even close. BTMMR is about 3.5 minutes. My video of Everest clocks in at about 2 minutes and 50 seconds. Considering the higher speeds involved that is pretty darn good. I have to ask if you have been on the attraction yet. Because honestly from the village, to the queue, to the ride itself the attraction is full of detail. It starts all the way back near the entrance to Asia with the addition of the Royal Anandapur Tea company cart. The themeing starts here and continues to the mountain viewing area and Yeti shrine and the new bathrooms (abandoned hotel), which are themselves incredibly themed. Finally you reach the attraction itself. Everything flows and the continuity of the entire story in incredible. I have been on the ride 14 times now and notice new things on the ride and in the queue each and every time.

Shaman

Personally, I've been on EE, and to be quite honest I can't understand some of the criticism it is getting. And sure I questioned the value of EE when I saw the videos, but I was really blown away when I rode it and experienced it LIVE....of course not everyone is going to feel the same way, people will go in with different expectations and come out with different reactions/opinions of the ride. That's cool.

WDI can't please everybody....EE just has to please its target market and I predict it will. :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
objr said:
Personally, I've been on EE, and to be quite honest I can't understand some of the criticism it is getting. And sure I questioned the value of EE when I saw the videos, but I was really blown away when I rode it and experienced it LIVE....of course not everyone is going to feel the same way, people will go in with different expectations and come out with different reactions/opinions of the ride. That's cool.

WDI can't please everybody....EE just has to please its target market and I predict it will. :)

Well said! The full experience is excellent! I'm sure I found something new on the ride itself each ride. I guess I'm in the target demographic :sohappy:

Of course, why they would target middle-aged, disabled single parents is beyond me! :lol: :lookaroun

M:SpilotISTC12

I think they have done pretty good ever since the AK. The AK seems like a waste on money they could have done a better job with that. I hope Indy comes soon. I could see that going there. It would be a great addition.

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
lets put it this way: while Expedition Everest is good its no Indiana Jones.
Please don't make statements like that without qualifying it as your opinion...

Nobody will get ticked off with your opinion, but when you try to make your opinions as fact (which you do ALL the time), it gets VERY friggen annoying.

ScrapIron

"Big Thunder Mountain actually has a storyline to it. The mountain received it's name from an old Indian tale warning that if anyone was to deface this sacred mountain, a huge disaster would occur. The beginning of the ride is to show the natural beauty of the mountain and it's caverns. Yet it becomes pretty obvious that miners have now taken over the once peaceful mountain. The Indians' warning becomes reality when a huge earthquake strikes. The same storyline follows in WDW, with a flood replacing the earthquake." (From www.hiddenmickeys.org)

Cheers.

AndyMagic

peter11435 said:
Not even close. BTMMR is about 3.5 minutes. My video of Everest clocks in at about 2 minutes and 50 seconds. Considering the higher speeds involved that is pretty darn good. I have to ask if you have been on the attraction yet. Because honestly from the village, to the queue, to the ride itself the attraction is full of detail. It starts all the way back near the entrance to Asia with the addition of the Royal Anandapur Tea company cart. The themeing starts here and continues to the mountain viewing area and Yeti shrine and the new bathrooms (abandoned hotel), which are themselves incredibly themed. Finally you reach the attraction itself. Everything flows and the continuity of the entire story in incredible. I have been on the ride 14 times now and notice new things on the ride and in the queue each and every time.

EE also comes to a complete stop and lets you stare at a plastic bird for a good 10 seconds and then stops again makes you look at a tv screen for 10 seconds. Subtract both that and the pointless 30 second journey around a barran landscape in the beginning before the lift hill and the true ride is about a minute long. Furthermore, if you actually read my post I hailed the queue and the village already so there is no point yammering about it. I'm well aware everything AROUND Everest is full of detail. I'm saying the mountain itself has nothing of interest to look at until the Yeti and then the ride is over.

peter11435

AndyMagic said:
EE also comes to a complete stop and lets you stare at a plastic bird for a good 10 seconds and then stops again makes you look at a tv screen for 10 seconds. Subtract both that and the pointless 30 second journey around a barran landscape in the beginning before the lift hill and the true ride is about a minute long. Furthermore, if you actually read my post I hailed the queue and the village already so there is no point yammering about it. I'm well aware everything AROUND Everest is full of detail. I'm saying the mountain itself has nothing of interest to look at until the Yeti and then the ride is over.
Again I ask if you have been on the attraction yet. If you have then I apologize but if you have not then I really think you should wait before you form an opinion about EE.

AndyMagic

peter11435 said:
Again I ask if you have been on the attraction yet. If you have then I apologize but if you have not then I really think you should wait before you form an opinion about EE.
I have been on it although I will admit the "Yeti" was not in his on mode at the time. And just to clarify, the attraction is in no way horrible, I just feel it is a huge missed opportunity and highly disappointing given the huge scale of the project.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
Please don't make statements like that without qualifying it as your opinion...

Nobody will get ticked off with your opinion, but when you try to make your opinions as fact (which you do ALL the time), it gets VERY friggen annoying.

what do you mean I try to make my opinions as fact all the time? If I was stating a fact I would make sure to say FACT in my statement. Oh and yea Big Thunder Mountain does have have a storyline its detailed out in the book "Walt Disney Imagineering: A behind the dreams look at making the magic real" and thats a FACT.

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
what do you mean I try to make my opinions as fact all the time? If I was stating a fact I would make sure to say FACT in my statement.
Ok, maybe it's an written communication issue... It just seems to me that many of your posts are opinion based that you try to state as fact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom