I found a real eye opening article about WDI

CaliSurfer182

no1liksu said:
This isn't about the designers, it's about management and more to the point Eisner. I worked on the DCA project (animation attraction) and it was Eisner's idea to keep cutting budget. Every time we had a meeting with him, we lost money (and Peter Schneider is a whole other story). We all knew the park wasn't going to come out well.
They have the people in place to do great projects, they just need to let them be creative. And Lasseter will hopefully make it a fun place to be again. He understands the creative and business sides, he's what they need.

Hmmmmm........

Lee

Adventurer
Just to spice things up a bit...

In today's article, Jim Hill confirms what has been floating around as rumor for a few weeks now: Pete Docter is going to be the new sheriff in town over at WDI.

Very interesting.....

Lee

Adventurer
Ghostbuster626 said:
Pete Docter is nuts (in a good way!) He will probably greenlight all sorts of attractions.

Nah. That's not what he's there for. He's there to help reorganize the division and do away with the destructive policies and politics that have been eating away at WDI for a few years now.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Lee said:
Nah. That's not what he's there for. He's there to help reorganize the division and do away with the destructive policies and politics that have been eating away at WDI for a few years now.

Well if he at least kicks out Goodman and Fitzgerald i'll be happy.

Lee

Adventurer
As an additional thought....
It would appear from what I am hearing that Docter may not be taking a full time position at WDI, merely keeping an eye on it and making reccomendations to Lassater and Iger from time to time. It's likely that Docter will stay at Pixar and work on movies.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Lee said:
As an additional thought....
It would appear from what I am hearing that Docter may not be taking a full time position at WDI, merely keeping an eye on it and making reccomendations to Lassater and Iger from time to time. It's likely that Docter will stay at Pixar and work on movies.

Tony Baxter should be in charge of WDI as far as im concerned. He more than deserves it for his years of unweavering loyalty to true Disney quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom