Hyperion Wharf Begins

JustInTime

I never went to Advernture's club. It sounded like something I would have loved and adored. It looked and sounded amazing. But people are pretty annoying about it. I think HW looks pretty awesome. Nothing will bring the Club back, so I am just glad they are not sitting empty anymore. TDO could have left them empty for anther 10 years. That is not acceptable IMO. Bring on the Warf :D

jt04

Original Poster
Maybe they are bringing Mulch, Sweat and Shears over from the Studios. Could be they are adding an outdoor showroom for John Deere products. Or maybe a giant putting green.

Cricket, croquet, lawn darts, horse shoes? :shrug:

DisneyWall-E

I loved the AC. DW and I went there twice. ITS GONE NOW and nothing is going to bring it back the way it was. Maybe in some new form. I am excited to see what the completed HW will be like. The bring back the AC crew is getting annoying. That horse is dead. Why must you continue to beat it? So, to make clear, I loved the AC, I wish it wasnt gone but it is so I got over it.

Lee

Adventurer
Maybe jdoor was one of our old 'friends' and Steve figured it out....
Oooohhhhh...I wonder who it was.:lookaroun

I loved the AC. DW and I went there twice. ITS GONE NOW and nothing is going to bring it back the way it was. Maybe in some new form. I am excited to see what the completed HW will be like. The bring back the AC crew is getting annoying. That horse is dead. Why must you continue to beat it? So, to make clear, I loved the AC, I wish it wasnt gone but it is so I got over it.
No, sir. I shall never "get over it."
It is my Horizons, 20k, Mr. Toad, AE, Timekeeper and World if Motion...all rolled into one. Times 10.
Never surrender! Never give up! Viva la resistance!:cool:

WDW1974

It likely was one of your alternate personalties ... dissociative identity disorder is a terrible condition ... but it can also be very entertaining (like my other half 'Disspirited' sez.

It is my Horizons, 20k, Mr. Toad, AE, Timekeeper and World if Motion...all rolled into one. Times 10.

I really don't get why anyone would miss those things. Not when you have new character meet-greet-and-gropes. Not when you have 1972-era parades. Not when you have RETRO TEES!!!!

Just a question, if you were a billionaire (give or take a hundred million), and you were traveling to a world-class city ... would you stay at a nice hotel (if not the Presidential suite at a 5-star super luxo place) or would you stay on an inflatable bed on someone's floor?

BTW, the above is a serious question.

DisneyWall-E

Ever thought about finding all the cast members who were part of the AC and going to a different bar to have an kind of reunion/impromptu show?

lazyboy97o

West Side phase 2 has not moved forward because r&d determined that FAMILIIES couldn't get easy enough access to West Side via PI as it was.. and most were staying in the marketplace area.. the new path SHOULD help with that mental barrier..
I know the member has been banned, but this reason come sup a lot. Aside from DisneyQuest, the intended audience of West Side was clearly the Pleasure Island crowd.

JT also claimed that the mine train ride in FL wasn't happening and the cottages were definately coming. He also guaranteed that the high speed rail was a definite as well. :wave:
And that Blackstone would use its ownership in Universal Orlando, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens and Legoland Florida to establish consolidated competition with Disney.

I will agree that it was awkward to get to the Westside from the Marketplace, but I feel that more people would head over to the Westside if they would put things over there that people want to see. If I didn't have tix for Cirque or reservations at HOB, there was no need for me to go to the Westside. The allure of magnet shops and magic shops did not appeal to us. If they had put the WOD store over there, more foot traffic would get to the Westside.
Quoted for truth.

I think HW looks pretty awesome.
What specifically looks awesome? No new tenants are known. And the theme is nothing new to many other redevelopments.

Ever thought about finding all the cast members who were part of the AC and going to a different bar to have an kind of reunion/impromptu show?
I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw this, but I recall somebody mentioning that a third party had approached Disney about operating the Adventurer's Club and Disney refused the offer. If this story is true it illustrates that Disney was not just interested in profitability, but somebody was intent on making his mark by closing the clubs.

Master Gracey

Kungaloosh fellow Adventurer, Kungaloosh!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

JustInTime

What specifically looks awesome? No new tenants are known. And the theme is nothing new to many other redevelopments.

It's a personal opinion, but I think it all looks great...
I love the use of lights.
I like the fact that you will be able to hear a generator when the lights power up. I am looking forward to the turn of the century feeling.
I like the Classic Mickey artwork being used like the trees on the light posts.
I also like the Mickey Mouse billboard that is being used in the art work.
I like the name.
I like the additional seating amphitheater and it's possibilities.
I like the fact that the space is not sitting empty.
I also hope it will keep the lower class people at Universal's Citywalk.

Mouse Detective

Maybe Jdoor posted something elsewhere that got him banned. In this thread he certainly wasn't overly obnoxious. I didn't agree with him, but he wasn't rude or anything like that!

markc

Um, there was never a lack of interest.

Um, clearly you were never there 6 of the 7 days of the week, when it was dead, and the only people in there were awkward adults who barely drank alcohol (i.e. defeating the purpose of why its there).

I loved the Adventurer's Club, however I understand some of the reasons for it's demise. The strong "interest" it did recieve was from about 500 fanboys, who again, didnt drink enough nor were of a demographic that tends to support a bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom