Hyperion Wharf Begins

jDoor

Banned
Just to clarify...the "seed and mulch" area isn't even planned as future expansion. It's simply that. The grassy knolls of Hyperion Wharf will remain as grassy knolls for years to come, perhaps decades.

perhaps you should point out that the grassy area will offer more 'breath' to the area..

oh and yeah, it's a function area provided overflow space for the outdoor ampitheater.

jDoor

Banned
JT also claimed that the mine train ride in FL wasn't happening and the cottages were definately coming. He also guaranteed that the high speed rail was a definite as well. :wave:

to defend HT a bit, the rail WAS happening, full steam ahead.. It was the new Gov that crapped in that pot.. not saying he was right or wrong, just saying I thought it was a sure thing as well.

SeaCastle

perhaps you should point out that the grassy area will offer more 'breath' to the area..

oh and yeah, it's a function area provided overflow space for the outdoor ampitheater.

Maybe you should look at the plans and see that the Adventurer Club/BET area is on the other side of the island as the amphitheater and there's no indication you'll be allowed on the grass.

Mouse Detective

The clubs profitability was not there anymore. Clubs were an 80's-90's thing compared to today. They aren't nearly as popular, which is why church street has struggled...

Church Street is full of restaurants and clubs that are crowded on weekends and on game nights. The old Church Street Station and Exchange buildings are largely idle. Has nothing to do about a dislike for clubs. Downtown gets few tourists now and it's mostly locals down there. There will be some attempts to bring tourists back but tourists have more options to choose from compared to back in the 80's/90's.

BTW, 2 clubs at Citywalk are closing after this summer to be replaced by upscale DINING from 3rd parties.. Just thought you should know that Disney isn't the only one changing these things around.

Clubs at CityWalk are closing? Which ones?

ryno1982

I'm going to have to side with Hyperion Wharf supporters on this one. Pleasure Island was always awkward to walk around, and since most of it was clubs, it was a useless space during the majority of the day. I can understand Disney's desire to improve the aesthetics of the area so that guests will be more willing to visit parts of Downtown Disney other than the overcrowded Marketplace. It's a shame that it's all third party vendors, but so is Disneyland's Downtown Disney, and it's still a very charming place to walk around.

And to those Adventurer's Club fans, I understand that the place was a unique and great concept, but this isn't the first time Disney has abandoned something original and creatively brilliant due to lack of interest. After all, the same can be said for most of Epcot.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
And to those Adventurer's Club fans, I understand that the place was a unique and great concept, but this isn't the first time Disney has abandoned something original and creatively brilliant due to lack of interest. After all, the same can be said for most of Epcot.

Um, there was never a lack of interest.

WDW1974

Don't need more "breath."
Need Adventurers Club.
Not a fair exchange at all.

Fail.

Nah.

Wanna know what's MAGICal?

Wood chips and grassy lots that let you gaze across the water longingly at timeshare units.

Besides, clearly Disney is aiming at stepping up its game when it adds 'interactive' queues to Pooh and Mansion.

You are just a doom and gloomer that can never be satisfied. If you hate WDW so much, why do you even bother to go. Stay home and the lines will be shorter for me.:D:hammer::cool:

jDoor

Banned
Nah.

Wanna know what's MAGICal?

Wood chips and grassy lots that let you gaze across the water longingly at timeshare units.

Besides, clearly Disney is aiming at stepping up its game when it adds 'interactive' queues to Pooh and Mansion.

You are just a doom and gloomer that can never be satisfied. If you hate WDW so much, why do you even bother to go. Stay home and the lines will be shorter for me.:D:hammer::cool:

So should we expect to NEVER see you at HW then?

Thought so. AC was great, you are ruining it's legacy with the childlike tantrums about it's closure and demolition... I understand it's hard to move on from something you love, but progress can be painful.

I hope you guys can find something you like in HW, i really do.... I am excited for any new projects. I know walt bought enough land to build everything we could possibly imagine, but some dreams can't last forever....

WDW1974

I hope you guys can find something you like in HW, i really do.... I am excited for any new projects. I know walt bought enough land to build everything we could possibly imagine, but some dreams can't last forever....

That really is a sad, sad, statement. You are saying that the dream that created WDW is dead and we should all just be happy with whatever comes along ...

Do you even realize it?

Irie

I'm going to have to side with Hyperion Wharf supporters on this one. Pleasure Island was always awkward to walk around, and since most of it was clubs, it was a useless space during the majority of the day. I can understand Disney's desire to improve the aesthetics of the area so that guests will be more willing to visit parts of Downtown Disney other than the overcrowded Marketplace. It's a shame that it's all third party vendors, but so is Disneyland's Downtown Disney, and it's still a very charming place to walk around.

I will agree that it was awkward to get to the Westside from the Marketplace, but I feel that more people would head over to the Westside if they would put things over there that people want to see. If I didn't have tix for Cirque or reservations at HOB, there was no need for me to go to the Westside. The allure of magnet shops and magic shops did not appeal to us. If they had put the WOD store over there, more foot traffic would get to the Westside.

Lee

Adventurer
So should we expect to NEVER see you at HW then?
Me? Nope. Nothing for me there. I got grass here at home.

jDoor said:
AC was great, you are ruining it's legacy with the childlike tantrums about it's closure and demolition...
Hey, somebody has to point out TDO's mistakes. Or else how will they learn?

jDoor said:
I understand it's hard to move on from something you love, but progress can be painful.
Progress?
Replacing one of Disney's most entertaining, imaginative and unique creations with grass and mulch is progress?:hammer:

jDoor said:
I know Walt bought enough land to build everything we could possibly imagine, but some dreams can't last forever....
Contradiction. If there is so much room, why knock something down instead of adding something?

Oh...wait...$
:rolleyes:

EDIT: jDoor got himself banned? What did I miss?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I go paint the stairs wall (to hang our ride photos on) and I miss this??

What happened?? And is that a newbie booted-off record?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom