Hurricane Matthew

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Oh wow! That's scary!

It took a day or two for the NWS to declare those circular winds were actually an F1 tornado. Not a lot of damage to homes, some trees down. A couple in my area reported they were on their back screened in porch enjoying their morning coffee when they saw a circular wind with debris pass through their yard. I can only imagine what they thought when they found out those "winds" were an F1 tornado.

21stamps

Sorry for all of the text posts.. I though maybe could bring a little lightheartedness.. And it's keeping me from full on panic attack..

Here is a text from another friend.. With a Disney reference.. She hates space mountain lol
image.jpeg

gwhb75

That is most likely, but not yet publicly announced by Disney. Cast are being informed.

Yeah, I checked their website and it is still saying they are operating under normal conditions as of right now. I'm guessing a CM told someone who posted it on social media.

culturenthrills

Universal is closing at 5pm. Closed tomorrow. Halloween Horror Nights cancelled tonight and tomorrow night. They are literally having to tear down all the temporary structures and props for HHN in the park. This started overnight. They even took the giant banner off of Rip Ride Rockit. Don't know if they have to tear down HHN like this before.

oceanbreeze77

Universal is closing at 5pm. Closed tomorrow. Halloween Horror Nights cancelled tonight and tomorrow night. They are literally having to tear down all the temporary structures and props for HHN in the park. This started overnight. They even took the giant banner off of Rip Ride Rockit. Don't know if they have to tear down HHN like this before.
wow how long will restructuring take?

PhotoDave219

Does closing at this time still give CM time to get home? Will they make people get out of lines etc?

Last time I was in the parks and this happened was Charley, 2004. They closed at Noon. It was a hard close. A parkwide announcement was made at 11:30 saying the park closed in half an hour and it was a hard close. Most likely that will be the same, but we'll know in a few hours.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'd rather give up my vacation for a family that need a safe place... that's just me. Yes it would sucks, but vacations can be rescheduled, lives can't be brought back.

That's great, but, Where would you go?

I think the poster was referring to guests who haven't arrived yet. But priority must be given to essential CMs (RCFD and others), CMs who have volunteered to remain on property to assist guests, and guests who need to be evacuated to safer resorts. If space is then still available, then maybe allow families of CMs to shelter in a Disney resort. Just understand the strain those additional people will have on limited resources.

Phicinfan

So I have seen forcasts where Matthew will maybe come back around toward, FLA. What about this new storm Nicole? Any word on it's direction? Almost starting to look like the movie Perfect Storm

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'd rather give up my vacation for a family that need a safe place... that's just me. Yes it would sucks, but vacations can be rescheduled, lives can't be brought back.
Well you can, but you have to find at least a level 30 Necromancer to do the job and those guys always want some weird artifact from a far off land as payment. I mean seriously guys, get with the times and get SquareUp and let me just swipe my Visa.;)

KCheatle

Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm just curious about the guests in the hotel rooms. Disney can't possibly board up all of the windows at the hotels, so is there something different about the glass at the resorts to make it less likely to break if hit by debris? (I'm from the midwest so hurricanes are foreign to me). I just really feel for those poor guests who are stuck in their rooms, especially those rooms that have like an entire wall of windows!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm just curious about the guests in the hotel rooms. Disney can't possibly board up all of the windows at the hotels, so is there something different about the glass at the resorts to make it less likely to break if hit by debris? (I'm from the midwest so hurricanes are foreign to me). I just really feel for those poor guests who are stuck in their rooms, especially those that have like an entire wall of window!
Yes high strength glass and thorough cleanup of the area to prevent debris flying around.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So I have seen forcasts where Matthew will maybe come back around toward, FLA. What about this new storm Nicole? Any word on it's direction? Almost starting to look like the movie Perfect Storm

When I saw Nicole had formed and then been declared a tropical storm and its proximity to Matthew, I thought, "what if Matthew and Nicole married? Would they produce Otto?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom