Hurricane Matthew

PhotoDave219

Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm just curious about the guests in the hotel rooms. Disney can't possibly board up all of the windows at the hotels, so is there something different about the glass at the resorts to make it less likely to break if hit by debris? (I'm from the midwest so hurricanes are foreign to me). I just really feel for those poor guests who are stuck in their rooms, especially those rooms that have like an entire wall of windows!

As someone who has been through two at DIsney resorts?

Safest place in Central Florida you can be. These hotels are literally boxes of concrete and steel. Remember the tale of the three little pigs? You're surrounded hardcore and safe.

As for those giant glass walls, like Wildy Lodge? They did close the lobby during Frances at one point and ushered us back to our rooms because of that very reason.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

LAKid53

Premium Member
Well you can, but you have to find at least a level 30 Necromancer to do the job and those guys always want some weird artifact from a far off land as payment. I mean seriously guys, get with the times and get SquareUp and let me just swipe my Visa.;)

:hilarious:

PhotoDave219

To be clear... as this is flying fast and furious...

If you are a current guest at a WDW resort? You're fine as far as your physical safety is concerned. You're in the best place you can be in the area. Those hotels are built to withstand these kind of winds. Worry about your family and keeping the kids entertained in the room. Its gonna be okay, really. Just stay put and do what the Cast says.

LAKid53

Premium Member

If you are a current guest at a WDW resort? You're fine as far as your physical safety is concerned. You're in the best place you can be in the area. Those hotels are built to withstand these kind of winds. Worry about your family and keeping the kids entertained in the room. Its gonna be okay, really. Just stay put and do what the Cast says.

Second this. Stay indoors, away from the windows. Ride it out.

Disneyfn420

Silly question but what is the Contemporary like during a storm? It's all open where the monorail enters. With severe winds doesn't everything inside get damaged?

As someone who has been through two at DIsney resorts?

Safest place in Central Florida you can be. These hotels are literally boxes of concrete and steel. Remember the tale of the three little pigs? You're surrounded hardcore and safe.

As for those giant glass walls, like Wildy Lodge? They did close the lobby during Frances at one point and ushered us back to our rooms because of that very reason.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
So I have seen forcasts where Matthew will maybe come back around toward, FLA. What about this new storm Nicole? Any word on it's direction? Almost starting to look like the movie Perfect Storm
I'm not a weather expert but I have been looking at different models and it looks like she is stall in the Atlantic and dose not seem like as of yesterday she will find her way to the US. Matthew is just so in control of the area that he is keeping her off shore... but that's just my observations

EDIT: after looking at the GFS 12h looks like between Mathew and the High pressure over the NE she is stuck over atlantic

21stamps

Let's hope it flys fast!!! That would be the best scenario with a direct hit.

rickdrat

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot

Thank you for sharing all of this information since you have lived through it. Since you are a trusted member of the WDWMagic community, I hope that people listen.

Btw, I can't be the only one whom in their mind reads your posts in H. Jon Benjamin's voice right? :)

Mark P.

Park hours now showing MK closing at 5PM and closed tomorrow, other parks still operating normally.
Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 12.18.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 12.18.53 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom