Hurricane Matthew

blueboxdoctor

Does anyone know what some of the structures are rated at in terms of winds? Like spaceship earth. I am sure there is some standard building code, but these are very large structures. It looks like this thing will be a monster. Talking about Port Canaveral being hit very hard partly b/c of it being an island and all but WDW is only like 50 miles or so away. Heard some discussion this could be a CAT 5 soon

I heard, and this may not be true, but I heard that part of the castle comes off can be secured in the center of Bay Lake Tower. I'd imagine the buildings there, at least the newer ones and newer resorts, are pretty strong in intense wind situations.

Though, I'd be concerned about vehicles in the parking lots. I'm sure all movable objects will be secured in the parks and around resorts, but obviously not everything can be secured.

HRHPrincessAriel

Just a thought on casting members working. Why hasn't Disney set up a certain percentage of rooms for cast member immediate families in evacuation areas if working? Disney is supposed to be a family place and if the CMs family is taken care of the less stressful their jobs would be.
That would be a lot of rooms.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just a thought on casting members working. Why hasn't Disney set up a certain percentage of rooms for cast member immediate families in evacuation areas if working? Disney is supposed to be a family place and if the CMs family is taken care of the less stressful their jobs would be.

That would be a lot of rooms.

And Disney's first priority, after employees, should be guests. They need to have rooms for those guests who will be evacuated from vulnerable resorts, like Ft. Wilderness.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I am much more afraid of tornadoes than hurricanes. Severely afraid of them. I've never been in the path of a tornado, hope to continue that trend.

One touched down a mile from my home last year. It was a weak F1, but it was a little disconcerting, to say the least, that that powerful rain storm produced a tornado that close to my house.

Last edited:

Piebald

Guys I've lived in South FL all my life and moved to Orlando right after the horrible storms here. I am glad everyone is freaking the fark out because it shows a sense of respect and fear for this storm. Nothing is worse than people not respecting nature and being careless. Especially with so many people who have moved here in the last decade and have absolutely no idea what they're in for. This one is going to be bad. I hope everyone stays safe and has a place to stay with sufficient supplies. If at all else make sure you have water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom