Huge Disney announcement coming this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Like Avatar?

Jimmy Thick- Who got caught with their pants down? Like everyone?
Like you do know Avatar surfaced on the radar over a month before it broke? It was dismissed as unlikely.

Which may still be the case in the eyes of some...

Californian Elitist

Actually, it makes perfect sense....any *real* big, super, life-changing, get ready for the real potter swatter, yes, we're not kidding, it really is the potter swatter, type of news would not be pushed off to a friday, let alone saturday and would not be posted by an OP with 2 posts to his credit.

What makes no sense is that this thread got to the 3rd or 4th page before someone called malarkey on this...I thought we were better than this. Spirit, as always, nailed it...pure conjecture. Like I said in another thread, a few months back, it seems like most of the rumors around here seem to be a case of a fanboi wish tossed up on the proverbial wall....and if it sticks it must be true.

I think we're talking about two different things. I was referring to an Odd Life of Timothy Green m&g.

Lee

Adventurer
Just playing Devil's advocate here (I have nothing but utmost respect for you, so PLEASE don't take this disrespectfully), but wasn't the Avatar announcement a pretty big surprise?

I know you had seen it come across your desk, but as far as the forums go... we had no idea if I recall correctly.

Obviously this specifically was nothing to get excited about, but it seems on RARE occasions Disney is able to scoop us.
Like Avatar?

Jimmy Thick- Who got caught with their pants down? Like everyone?

Avatar was an aberration, though I let the scoop slip through my fingers. It's tricky when they announce something that is in such an early stage of development that only twenty or thirty people know about it. Hasn't happened before, and I doubt it will again.

wilkeliza

On the subject of Timothy Green... why does it not make sense that they would do a M&G for a live action movie? They certainly have before...

Because a little boy is such a specific thing to cast for and would create a whole bunch of legal issues for casting. To my knowledge all other live action meet and greets have had adults in the roles. You can't have a 20 year old college kid play a 12 year old boy when it comes from a live action movie.

EOD K9

I just found out......John Carter's Haunted Escape presented by Nestle with a few bucks chipped in by a genreous grant from Kodak featuring Dream Finder dressed as Figment!!

WDW1974

Alaska is fantastic this time of year, plus it's near impossible to get a solid WiFi signal. Just what the doctor ordered to cure oneself of these late Summer doldrums. I think I'll book passage tomorrow....I wonder if I'll see Russia from my camp site

I love Alaska in August. Only month I've ever visited, but how could I go ? ... How when there's so much intellectual banter here and I don't have one of those smart phone gizmos so I can be ignoring bears and moose and eagles in their amazing natural habitat to post on all the stuff that isn't going to be built at WDW?

I could russle up me a Palin for a bride though ...

WDW1974

Its funny how people think when school starts kids are magically going to disappear from here. It's not like they have phones on them where they can get on there Internet during school right?

No, it isn't just kids. But stupidity on Disney fan forums always reaches a fever pitch in the summertime. Could be the heat and humidity. Or the bad reality TV ... or too many geeks not getting 'any'!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Its funny how people think when school starts kids are magically going to disappear from here. It's not like they have phones on them where they can get on there Internet during school right?
But during the school year they have MUCH less free time to spend on here.

WDW1974

Seriously folks...if something worthy of an announcement is coming, you'll hear about it here long before a formal announcement.

Predictions of a mystery announcement are worthless.

I'd like to announce that I'll be heading out to lunch in about 15 minutes and unavailable for at least the next three hours. I will not be granting interviews regarding any non-announcements at WDW or offering my opinions on where Michael Phelps should rank in the pantheon of great athletes. I will, however, be debating just how much I can get a fanboi to pay for a 1995 copy of an Eyes and Ears.

I will predict that at some point in the future Disney will make some sort of announcement regarding somethings that some of us may or may not enjoy that may well some day come to the giant swamp and scrub resort in Central Florida.

Now, seriously, someone buy me a ticket to Alaska!

Taylor

No, it isn't just kids. But stupidity on Disney fan forums always reaches a fever pitch in the summertime. Could be the heat and humidity. Or the bad reality TV ... or too many geeks not getting 'any'!
Yeah I get that I've been grumpy ever since its hit 115 here in Oklahoma for three straight days

WDW1974

5 nights for the price of 3 at Aulani right now.

I have a friend who literally just got back to the mainland from Aulani yesterday. I wonder if he did that or just got some great CM deal ... I know they've been pretty much offering 60% off since the place opened.

Even at those prices, I can find far better deals on Waikiki and not in the middle of nowhere.

WDW1974

Avatar was an aberration, though I let the scoop slip through my fingers. It's tricky when they announce something that is in such an early stage of development that only twenty or thirty people know about it. Hasn't happened before, and I doubt it will again.

You are justifying yourself to someone who gets off on breaking noses (or lying about it here) of tourists at EPCOT?
What's next an ode to all the ways JT makes the world better just by being alive?

No one in places higher than yours believed it was happening. You got no 'splaining to do.

Perhaps, you should spend the day making a possum, squirrel and corn pot pie for dinner ... that's if you've finished that 'other' matter! Either would be better uses of your time. ... You do know that you're my second-favorite insider here, right?

RSoxNo1

I have a friend who literally just got back to the mainland from Aulani yesterday. I wonder if he did that or just got some great CM deal ... I know they've been pretty much offering 60% off since the place opened.

Even at those prices, I can find far better deals on Waikiki and not in the middle of nowhere.
Again, it's the same thing - jack up the price (Starting at $399 a night for Standard View Rooms) and then give people "a deal". Can we attach "improper pricing of their products" as another problem from the marketing department?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom