Huge Disney announcement coming this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

2004 WDWMagic Most Trusted Source! Recognize! :cool:

2004 was a long time ago (easy to be a source when you don't have to compete with the Twits and the FB and Mommy brigades) ... and I'm wondering if you offered any 'favors' up to The Mom to earn your 'wittle certificate. Besides, those things don't last ... i have a Golden Doobie myself ... and believe me, the big man hopes I don't walk into Beaches and Cream on a Friday night and ask him when the next issue of Tales is coming out!

WDW1974

Again, it's the same thing - jack up the price (Starting at $399 a night for Standard View Rooms) and then give people "a deal". Can we attach "improper pricing of their products" as another problem from the marketing department?

Well, that's how it's always been. ... I haven't paid rack rate for a WDW resort since 1998 and that was an aberration, so the annual increases don't mean much. They just make crazy price points that justify a 'premium' label and than discount like crazy (more in the last five or six years than in the entire history of WDW before).

WDW's values are absurdly priced now, but there's a FLA resident offer for $66 running now and, yes, I do think they are worth that price.

doctornick

This doesn't make much sense to me. If anything they would take the two lesser expensive attractions and build them. Not the single attraction that costs $350 million.

I agree. I think if we see anything from Carsland, it would be Mater's Junkyard Jamboree added, possibly with one of the gift shops or restaurants attached. If they are going to spend the cash for RSR, why not just go all out at that point and put in the full Carsland? That one ride is a large part of the entire cost of Carsland (especially given all the rock work and scenery it needs).

RSoxNo1

I agree. I think if we see anything from Carsland, it would be Mater's Junkyard Jamboree added, possibly with one of the gift shops or restaurants attached. If they are going to spend the cash for RSR, why not just go all out at that point and put in the full Carsland? That one ride is a large part of the entire cost of Carsland (especially given all the rock work and scenery it needs).
On the MiceChat podcast they discussed ways to improve Luigi's Flying Tires, and one of the proposals was make it like Autopia but on land. To the uninformed, this would be similar tech to Pooh's Hunny Hunt, the Tires would be on predetermined paths and could essentially be continuously loading. Yes, guests would lose control, but considering how high the learning curve is on the attraction I think this would have been a much better approach.

alissafalco

On the MiceChat podcast they discussed ways to improve Luigi's Flying Tires, and one of the proposals was make it like Autopia but on land. To the uninformed, this would be similar tech to Pooh's Hunny Hunt, the Tires would be on predetermined paths and could essentially be continuously loading. Yes, guests would lose control, but considering how high the learning curve is on the attraction I think this would have been a much better approach.

what problems are they having with Luigi's Flying tires?

EpcotFanForever

It sounds like you've just discovered the solution to the bus problem at WDW.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Future World will be renovated, everything will be restored, big expantion and everything good that has ever left will be restored. They do say dreams come true, or do they?

Cody5294

Original Poster
Sorry guys this wasn't a cruel joke by me. I just saw a post on TP about the rumor of an announcement so I decided to come here and see if an insider knew anything about it

Tom

Beta Return
Sorry guys this wasn't a cruel joke by me. I just saw a post on TP about the rumor of an announcement so I decided to come here and see if an insider knew anything about it

No worries. Nobody is actually accusing you of making this up or trolling (well, at least I don't think they are).

But it does seem as if the announcement wasn't really anything major (or anything at all, since I'm pretty sure there's not going to be a Timothy Green M&G).

Cosmic Commando

When Disney tells us they are announcing something EXCITING!!! at such and such a time with a big press event, it's Let the Memories Begin.

So when some random person on Twitter says Disney will announce something, everyone gets excited why?

RSoxNo1

what problems are they having with Luigi's Flying tires?
It's incredibly slow loading, and it's difficult to get them to move with any consistency. Often times vehicles are being stuck in corners and people that are waiting 60+ minutes without getting much enjoyment out of it.

Skibum1970

This has been my favorite post since the feature to like posts has been added to the forums.

This doesn't make much sense to me. If anything they would take the two lesser expensive attractions and build them. Not the single attraction that costs $350 million.

5 nights for the price of 3 at Aulani right now.

I would also question if Racers can operate in Florida although I don't profess to be be an expert. Miceage was reporting that Racers was having a lot of downtime that was caused by rain moving through. Now, I don't know if they are accurately reporting it or if Racers is simply experiencing growing pains. They did maintain that the downtime from weather (one storm shut it down all day) was more than just the normal downtime. However, if the report is accurate, how would Racers survive in an environment that sees a lot more rain than sunny Anaheim?

Again, I'm not an expert but am merely commenting on what was reported on Miceage.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would also question if Racers can operate in Florida although I don't profess to be be an expert. Miceage was reporting that Racers was having a lot of downtime that was caused by rain moving through. Now, I don't know if they are accurately reporting it or if Racers is simply experiencing growing pains. They did maintain that the downtime from weather (one storm shut it down all day) was more than just the normal downtime. However, if the report is accurate, how would Racers survive in an environment that sees a lot more rain than sunny Anaheim?

Again, I'm not an expert but am merely commenting on what was reported on Miceage.

I believe the all day outage was not the rain, but due to a power outage in the park, maybe caused by the storm. I wouldn't think RSR would have any more problems with rain then Test Track does.

Taylor

I believe the all day outage was not the rain, but due to a power outage in the park, maybe caused by the storm. I wouldn't think RSR would have any more problems with rain then Test Track does.
How much of RSR is outside is it more then test track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom