Huge Disney announcement coming this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewmaster

And I don't want to waste August going back and forth ... anyone want to send the Spirit to either Alaska or Hawaii?

Alaska is fantastic this time of year, plus it's near impossible to get a solid WiFi signal. Just what the doctor ordered to cure oneself of these late Summer doldrums. I think I'll book passage tomorrow....I wonder if I'll see Russia from my camp site

Taylor

Alaska is fantastic this time of year, plus it's near impossible to get a solid WiFi signal. Just what the doctor ordered to cure oneself of these late Summer doldrums. I think I'll book passage tomorrow....I wonder if I'll see Russia from my camp site
Its funny how people think when school starts kids are magically going to disappear from here. It's not like they have phones on them where they can get on there Internet during school right?

rkelly42

Saw that it was only the 3rd post by the op, kind of why I figured there was something fishy and really thought nothing of the news.

PirateFrank

This entire thread is hilarious. An Odd Life of Timothy Green m&g (this doesn't make sense). Wow.

Actually, it makes perfect sense....any *real* big, super, life-changing, get ready for the real potter swatter, yes, we're not kidding, it really is the potter swatter, type of news would not be pushed off to a friday, let alone saturday and would not be posted by an OP with 2 posts to his credit.

What makes no sense is that this thread got to the 3rd or 4th page before someone called malarkey on this...I thought we were better than this. Spirit, as always, nailed it...pure conjecture. Like I said in another thread, a few months back, it seems like most of the rumors around here seem to be a case of a fanboi wish tossed up on the proverbial wall....and if it sticks it must be true.

ebof1023

So we've all came to the conclusion that there most likely will be no major announcement on the forseeable future.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Usually big announcements from companies come on a Monday-Wednesday basis. This way it can own the news cycle for the week and give reporters across the board something to write about that week: business reporters, entertainment, travel, etc. Announcing anything big on a Fri-Sun means few people are paying attention.

Fri-Sun announcements are when someone has to release bad info and they want to dampen the response. You don't put out good news Fri-Sun because you don't want to diminish the chances that people will be excited and report on it for you.

The Fantasyland Expansion was announced on a Saturday (9/12/2009), but that was in conjunction with D23.

PirateFrank

The Fantasyland Expansion was announced on a Saturday (9/12/2009), but that was in conjunction with D23.

That's a very big but. Most companies that announce something designed to gather the full force of the media, will do so when the full force of the media isn't at the beach.

worldfanatic

Seriously folks...if something worthy of an announcement is coming, you'll hear about it here long before a formal announcement.

Predictions of a mystery announcement are worthless.

Thanks Lee.
Many of us knew this from the beginning, but enjoyed watching the frenzy.
We did learn that there's several "wanna be" stand up comics in this forum.
And 1 or 2 were actually funny.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It was the OP's THIRD POST!!!! That should have been the mother of all red flags. :p
Saw that it was only the 3rd post by the op, kind of why I figured there was something fishy and really thought nothing of the news.

Actually, this thread was his first post. And the thread on WDW Lines went pretty much nowhere. Not that different from this one.....

Castle Cake Apologist

Seriously folks...if something worthy of an announcement is coming, you'll hear about it here long before a formal announcement.

Just playing Devil's advocate here (I have nothing but utmost respect for you, so PLEASE don't take this disrespectfully), but wasn't the Avatar announcement a pretty big surprise?

I know you had seen it come across your desk, but as far as the forums go... we had no idea if I recall correctly.

Obviously this specifically was nothing to get excited about, but it seems on RARE occasions Disney is able to scoop us.

RSoxNo1

Because of rising costs and upkeep - All animals at DAK will be required to use the DIsney Dining Plan. Bushes, shrubs, and trees will require 2 snack credits.
This has been my favorite post since the feature to like posts has been added to the forums.
A full cars land won't happen but I could possibly see RSR coming
This doesn't make much sense to me. If anything they would take the two lesser expensive attractions and build them. Not the single attraction that costs $350 million.
I have no idea what you are speaking of. But people are adding up UNI building big things + Tom Staggs being in town (gone now, I was told) + some unknown Twit tweeting that Pandora broke ground today (it didn't) + Al Lutz's recent column on some in WDI wanting to do a massive makeover on TPFKaTD-MGMS + Kathy Mangum's new FLA responsibilities and =ing that Pandora is on the way and Mater and Lightning aren't far behind.

And I don't want to waste August going back and forth ... anyone want to send the Spirit to either Alaska or Hawaii?
5 nights for the price of 3 at Aulani right now.

NoChesterHester

This has been my favorite post since the feature to like posts has been added to the forums.

This doesn't make much sense to me. If anything they would take the two lesser expensive attractions and build them. Not the single attraction that costs $350 million.

5 nights for the price of 3 at Aulani right now.

So it is 2008 in Aulani and the market has crashed?

Jimmy Thick

Like Avatar?

Jimmy Thick- Who got caught with their pants down? Like everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom