How do you feel about the Marvel acquisition?

How do you feel about Disney acquiring Marvel?

• Total voters

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
I know it's not quite finalized, but how do you feel about Disney buying the rights to Marvel?
I love Marvel, and I love Disney, so HOPEFULLY they'll go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

WDWmazprty

Disney will do a good job with Marvel I think. Whether its movies, the parks, whatever. I always thought Marvel should be with Disney anyway,and DC with Universal.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'm iffy personally. I'm a huge Marvel fan and a huge Disney fan... but for different reasons.

If Disney keeps Marvel like they do Pixar and Muppets (operating independently), then I see nothing wrong. If Disney ruins Marvel, I'll... be upset.

MAF

I'm confused. IoA has a land entirely dedicated to Marvel so now what are they going to do? Retheme everything to something else? :confused:

Dave Disney

I think it will be a good thing. While Marvel Characters are certainly not the same as traditional Disney characters this will open the door for some excellent new attractions and hopefully they'll have the right Disney touch that will allow them to fit in seemlessly.

tractorm3

I DONT THINK THEY WILL have to retheme the parts of IOA for a while. I sure uni has contracts for those rides to use the characters and usually when a sale like this is made those contracts are still valid until their exparation. now when the contracts run up for the rights on those rides then things wil get interesting.

Astro_Digital

I did not hear of this but this is fantastic for Disney and for people visiting WDW if true.

Universal Studios would have an area devoted to characters belonging to Disney !!!

Super Heroes are very popular today. They always been popular but the movies have brought in a new generation of Fans.

X-men, Spiderman, Iron Man, the Hulk all Disney property. That would be the best thing Disney done since the bought PIXAR.

Disney could order Universal to shut down Marvel Land the right they have would have to expire someday and bring it to Hollywood Studios.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Option Z couldnt give a flying .......................... only interested in the parks, and would like to think Disney are not reliant on buying some comics for future creativity.

Universal will evolve, it didnt get to its current position by sitting crying and hoping for the best.

WDWmazprty

us_disney-primer1.jpg

Dizzy Whirled

I can think of many things the Disney properties desperately need.

Installing characters and themed attractions that have thrived for years at Universal is not one of them.

WishIwasThere

I like the idea of having Marvel part of the Disney portfolio. What they will do with it is another matter.
Make a 5th gate??? (love it)
Add onto DHS??? (like it)
Do nothing with them within WDW property and keep licensing to competition down the road??? (not so great)

Time will tell how it plays out. Marvel has some great characters and great storylines and great movies in its pipeline. Glad that Disney will be taking advantage of this.

Maybe Universal will be able to swoon DC comics out of Six Flags, especially with Six Flags in chapter 11.

Mukta

I didn't vote in the poll because I didn't see my feelings there.
I am afraid of what will happen. I love the Marvel themed area at IOA. The Spiderman ride is amazing and I will be devastated if it is closed. Universal has done a great job with Marvel. I am disappointed that Disney will be involved now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom