How can you people stand the parks in the summer?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If your from the UK and you have kids its visit in summer or run the risk of the governments storm troopers for taking term time holidays.

Mind this summer 97 weeks of rain a bit of sun wont go amiss.

wannabeBelle

I have been to WDW in all but 3 months of the year and I agree if I didnt have a choice of course you would take whatever you could get, but once you have been in Sept,Oct,Early December or Spring (just not "Spring Break or Easter) you get spoiled and never want to go back in July or August.
Less crowds and heat...what could be better?? Plus I cat think of a more beautiful time in WDW than during the Christmas season with all the extra decorations!:xmas:

I Agree!!!! Belle

Krozar

Camaelback is your best friend.

Drink a gallon before you even step foot in a park.

Don't touch sodas. Huge mistake.

Hats and sunglasses keep the head and face cooler.

Don't wipe away the sweat on your face.

Just some simple tricks.

LoriMistress

I remember as a child, and a young teenager, of going to DLR during the summer (around August), when there was no FP during that era--waiting in lines in 100 degree weather and the humidity about to kill you. I had head stroke at the parks one time. But DH and I only go to the parks during off season. We hate the crowds, and the weather is much better. Since we live in California, we're adjusted to humidity and heat--but we know California heat and humidity is much different than Orlando heat/humidity. Because of it, we play it smart by going to WDW during fall/winter season. Cheaper, less crowded, and tolerable weather.

MissM

Clearly there are a lot of insane people on this board! :lol: The correct answer to "how can you stand the parks in summer" is YOU DON'T! Any darn fool knows that one!

Why do you think it's all tourists in summer? 'Cause they don't know any better. Us FL Residents understand the absurd heat, the 11+ UV index, the sauna-like humidity and the brutal, brutal horror of it all and hide indoors this time of year. We have the rest of the year to show up. Summer? Leave that one to the out-of-staters! :D
-m

"Us people" LOL will gladly take the heat!! I couldn't agree more with my NJ/NY neighbors who said they will trade in the sunny Florida climate with it's heat for the freezing cold we live with all winter long!! We deal with it by getting to the parks early, swimming and resting in the afternoon, and heading out again for the night. Keeping hydrated and taking breaks helps alot too!

C&D

Even though the heat and HUMIDITY are brutal, Florida's temperature rarely reach the century mark. Being surrounded by water on three sides, the temperatures are generally buffered to the mid ninetys. Though these temperatures are high for a longer part of the year, temperatures further north, regularly are higher and can be just as brutal. If you plan around the heat, and keep hydrated and shade jumping, it's still worth the trip in MHO. (And if you have children in school, well, that's going to be the time of year that you'll be able to go.)

paul436

But the weather, as far as being enjoyable, was actually unbearable. Everywhere I looked it seemed to me that NO ONE was really having any fun. They all looked beat. And the young ones really gave the impression of being hammered. I did talk to some guests during one dinner and found wait times were ugly too. Not shocking - we always go in December for these reasons but everywhere I went the place was packed. Between the crowds and the heat, how does anyone have fun during this time?
I went in July in 2004 and found it was definitely a little tougher to have as much fun because of the heat. But we still had a great time. We just shortened the amount of time we spent in the parks and used the pools at the height of the day. I would prefer going in cooler weather too but sometimes varying schedules and budget don't allow for that.

coulty

If your from the UK and you have kids its visit in summer or run the risk of the governments storm troopers for taking term time holidays.

Mind this summer 97 weeks of rain a bit of sun wont go amiss.

we also come from the UK but we always take the kids out of school and go in may/june oct/nov when we have found the weather/lines very good,you have to realise that at the moment here in the north of england our 'summer, has been rubbish it has been raining all june and july and our temperatures are still only in the 60s. Icant wait for jan 08 when we will be at wdw even if it is only in the 70s that will be great,thats if we are allowed to take the kids out of school without risking a fine which they keep threatening us with.

THEY CANT KEEP US AWAY FROM WDW.

Disney05

What do you all feel is more comfortable during hot, hazy days? Baggy or tight fitting clothes? And I guess it depends on the type of material.

C&D

What do you all feel is more comfortable during hot, hazy days? Baggy or tight fitting clothes? And I guess it depends on the type of material.
I'd go with loose fitting, light colored, and either cotton or cotton blend. (And a good big brimmed hat)

Kandi

We always go in the summer towards the end of August. The heat doesn't bother me except for the first day when i'm trying to get used to it. Its always a shock when flying home landing in freezing, raining Manchester whilst wearing your vacation clothes. Only then do you appreciate the warm humity of Florida!
By the way it's stopped raining here at last but it could start again soon :cry:

EdinburghTink

i dont care when i get to go to florida, just so glad to be away from gloomy scotland!! having said that though i've always done mid july until last year when i was there nov and dec and when it was nice(cos we had a cold few days!) it was just perfect, not too hot or too cold. and after the summer we're having here just now i cant wait to go back to wdw in dec!!!!

it's not raining just now, infact i see sun - no it cant be!!!!!

EPCOT.nut

But the weather, as far as being enjoyable, was actually unbearable. Between the crowds and the heat, how does anyone have fun during this time?

Yeah I live here and it liked to have killed me last August when me and a friend went to MK. We waited over an hour for Peter Pan! And that line, albeit in the shade, has no airflow.

I've nearly passed out in Epcot because of the heat. Those Japanese slushies helped a lot but I did have a lie down on a bench in America.

I don't know how we stand the heat. I think roofers, construction workers and road crews really have it hard in the summer.

DisneyGigi

Having lived in the South my whole life and visiting Florida most summers when I was growing up.. The South is humid and hot, if I am going to be hot here too I'd much rather be hot at WDW than at home.While I would rather go in cooler weather (slightly, I like it mid 80s-90) it is bearable for me:D

ThinkTink721

This Sept. will be my 1st trip to WDW not taken in the summer.
If you do go during hot weather, make sure you:
-drink plenty of liquids
-wear shorts
-take a hand held battery operated fan
-wear sunscreen
-pace yourself
-visit the A/C attractions during the hottest part of the day
I am looking forward to going when it's not quite as hot.
:D :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom