How can you people stand the parks in the summer?

hcswingfield

"How can you live in the Northeast?
How can you live in the South?
How can you live on the banks of the river
With the floods coming out of the mouth?"

A little quote from a recent Paul Simon song that seems to echo the conversation on this thread.

Between the crowds and the heat, how does anyone have fun during this time?[/quote]
I've always wondered this, myself. The closest to summer we went was April, May and September. April and September were in the same year and we did have a good time. But the funny thing was I didn't expect that when we went back in September for it to be just as hot as April. We were actually looking for a break from that April heatwave. Then this past May, we were so worried. Of course I was shorts all the way, not even capri pants. And it was not so bad that time. :lol:

Tiggerfanatic

DH had to make a trip this week to our winter training facility in Ocala. Tried to talk me into going by dangling the fact that I could be at Disneyworld in an hour. I told him after 28 years of marriage he should know I'm not that stupid. When I talked to him last night, the outside temp was 106. Made the 91 here in PA seem like a cold snap....I mean I like Mickey as well as the next person, but I don't want him to see the skin melting off my bones.

Dwarful

We got home today at it was 5 degrees warmer ;) in St.Louis than it was at WDW on our worst day. Honestly, the heat didn't really faze me...but we did see a 'hot coffee' fight at the buses..which totally freaked out my Girl Scouts and had them on their best bus behavior for the rest of the trip!

Waldo.Pepper

It is not hot...it is just lacking cold.

Maybe it is just because I am from the midwest where our weather ranges from bitter cold and windy to searing hot and humid, or maybe my job puts be in the vincinity of Dante's Inferno...but I have visited WDW 4 times in July and August of varying years...and it just isn't that bad.

If you want to beat the heat...just stay loose and relax. The more people fret about the heat the more worked up they get the more it bothers them and the effects snowball (no ironical pun intended). And for bloody sake when you are hot don't drink a bunch of soda! Duh!

Last time I was there in July ('05) we saw people dropping like flies, sameas they do back at home in July and all they have been drinking is garbage like soda. It isn't like hot summer days are a new concept despite what the global warming theorist would like us to think.

Finally, have fun...its WDW...its Florida in the Summer it is supposed to be warm. That being said..and while stepping down off my soapbox I would add I am looking forward to experiencing WDW in December this year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom