How can you people stand the parks in the summer?

wdwCC

Simple. Lots of sunscreen, lots of water, bring misting bottles, and take breaks inside attractions. June and July is when we usually go.

MissM

CHILL PEOPLE.

Here's a clue. This: :lol: and this: :D indicate a lack of seriousness. No, I won't go in the summer. It's too darn hot and miserable. But the tone of the post was being silly.

Stop being so cranky and jumping on people when you don't understand what they wrote, mkay? :rolleyes:
-m

bayoutinkbelle

Just got back earlier this month from two weeks at WDW. It was hot, humid and rained a lot. We still had a blast.

Of course, we're used to this type of weather so we know how to cope. We'll cope again when we return next summer. For me and my DS, it's the only time of year we're able to do WDW together.

Lots of water. Start early and take a break in the mid-afternoon. Take advantage of air-conditioned attractions. Dress appropriately. Have fun. Realize you are not the only hot and stinky guest in the parks.

I'll be there again in October. We'll see if the weather is hot or mild. Two years ago, my visit in October was just as hot and humid as any summer visit.

GoofyFan1

Some of us don't have any choice. I teach and the parents wouldn't appreciate me taking off to go to WDW when the heat, humidity and crowds:fork: are low. Therefore we slug it out with the heat, humidity and Brazilians....nature of the beast.

maggiegrace1

CHILL PEOPLE.

Here's a clue. This: :lol: and this: :D indicate a lack of seriousness. No, I won't go in the summer. It's too darn hot and miserable. But the tone of the post was being silly.

Stop being so cranky and jumping on people when you don't understand what they wrote, mkay? :rolleyes:
-m
I never go in the Summer because I hate to sweat and I do not like people.:king: ..So I go in December or March..:cool:

Miss M..I have a question..Been wanting to ask you this for a while..what does )o( mean?

WED10IA

after sitting through a cold dark winter there is nothing better then getting down to Disney/ Florida in the summer. It's so gloomy in the midwest in the winter, just cold and empty fields. then in the summer it is just unbearably hot and humid here so any break to get in warm sunshine is good!

DDuckFan130

I'm a smart FL resident...I do NOT go in the summer :D

Although, that might change now that I start working as a teacher...d'oh! :brick:

:lookaroun

majortom1981

hmm

1. I live on Long Island and humidity wise its not that much different in the summer in florida.

2. Im used to it. My grandmother has a condo in pompano beach so I am used to the florida weather.

3. The disney fan squirt bottle are a life saver :)

4. Id rather be in 90+ heat then 5 degree winters like we have gotten up here.

Also if you go do all the major rides at opening of the parks then when the afternoon heat arrives you can be taking a nap in your air conditioned room while most of the public is waiting on lines.

WED10IA

Also if you go do all the major rides at opening of the parks then when the afternoon heat arrives you can be taking a nap in your air conditioned room while most of the public is waiting on lines.

That is what I do, then go back to the park at night when it is even cooler

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I never go in the Summer because I hate to sweat and I do not like people.:king: ..So I go in December or March..:cool:

Miss M..I have a question..Been wanting to ask you this for a while..what does )o( mean?

I think most of us have been afraid to ask that question.:lookaroun

MissM

I think most of us have been afraid to ask that question.:lookaroun

Looks like an a-whole to me.....:shrug:
Wow. Um, not even close.

To be honest, I'm completely baffled by that thought. It's an ASCII text version of a waxing crescent moon / full moon / waning crescent moon.

Like this:
triple-goddess.png

The moon has long been associated with women and this symbol, thusly, is associated with the three aspects of the Goddess: Maid, Mother and Crone. It's a symbol of the Divine Feminine.

There's nothing "dirty" intended, nor was it ever meant to be viewed as some sort of joke or slight. Just a simple way of expressing something that's important personally without having to be political, preachy, pushy or anything else.

I'm sorry that it was concerning people and that it was apparently a source of confusion among posters. I'm not sure what else to say. This whole thing is really throwing me for a loop. I guess I never even remotely saw it as anything other than what it was since I knew what it represented!
-m

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Wow. Um, not even close.

To be honest, I'm completely baffled by that thought. It's an ASCII text version of a waxing crescent moon / full moon / waning crescent moon.

Like this:
triple-goddess.png

The moon has long been associated with women and this symbol, thusly, is associated with the three aspects of the Goddess: Maid, Mother and Crone. It's a symbol of the Divine Feminine.

There's nothing "dirty" intended, nor was it ever meant to be viewed as some sort of joke or slight. Just a simple way of expressing something that's important personally without having to be political, preachy, pushy or anything else.

I'm sorry that it was concerning people and that it was apparently a source of confusion among posters. I'm not sure what else to say. This whole thing is really throwing me for a loop. I guess I never even remotely saw it as anything other than what it was since I knew what it represented!
-m

Why do you assume I was afraid to ask the question because I thought it was obscene?;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom