How accurate is the Jim Hill report that the Dreamfinder may return to Figment?

Thelazer

8 months is more the time frame for an overlay, not a gut out and rebuild.

not saying it can't be done, but.....

btw- was that useing the existing track, or going back to the orginal track layout? Using the exisiting track, I don't see how you would gain much ride time.

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
reusing a character that was removed doesn't seem like much of a 'spark'

It's already worked once for that pavilion :lookaroun

I guess it just depends on what is most important to you, being new or being good. And honest to goodness, I'm starting to think you would favor something new and bad over something old and good. People complain all the time about complaints that come in for new attractions before they are built (look at Monsters Inc threads), but doesn't that have to work both ways?

wannab@dis

dxwwf3 said:
It's already worked once for that pavilion :lookaroun

I guess it just depends on what is most important to you, being new or being good. And honest to goodness, I'm starting to think you would favor something new and bad over something old and good. People complain all the time about complaints that come in for new attractions before they are built (look at Monsters Inc threads), but doesn't that have to work both ways?
:lol: Sure, it added a spark, but it didn't shine for very long. ;)

While I think the latest version is the best, I will also admit that it does not provide the experience that is needed to keep the pavilion current and interesting to many people. Just looking at the wait times makes that apparent.

Being new and good is, of course, what most would want. Why would you ever think that I would want to see "new and bad"... that makes absolutely no sense.

My point is this... DF alone will not create "good"... sure it may temporarily revive the pavilion, but I don't think it will give the 'punch' that Turtle Talk gave TLS. It seems to me that each generation of IMAG has ran its course. I understand that many feel the first incarnation was the best. I would also expect that they understand AND accept that many see the latest as the best. No matter which way you fall on that ranking... I think everyone should accept that the "idea" of these versions of an IMAG darkride has ran its course and the best thing to do would be start with a new and innovative idea and create a whole new experience.

I'm not convinced that this update will be the full blown rehab that we hope for, especially since the rumored 8 month timeframe does not seem plausible.

Lee

Adventurer
KevinPage said:
Lee,

Any idea when your website will be up and running:

www.leemedia.com

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmmmmm...something to think about.:drevil:

Nah...I know nothing about running websites....and I sure ain't moving to New Hampshire.
:lol:

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
Why would you ever think that I would want to see "new and bad"... that makes absolutely no sense.

New/bad is STILL better than old/good. That's just the way it sounds sometimes in various threads.

wannab@dis said:
DF alone will not create "good"

Who has said that DF ALONE would create good? I don't know who would think that putting DF into Idle's spot in the current attraction would do anything at all. It's the brand new state of the art technology and attention to detail that would come to the attraction that should create "good", if the rumor is true and this project is shown the right amount of care and $$$.

wannab@dis said:
I think everyone should accept that the "idea" of these versions of an IMAG darkride has ran its course and the best thing to do would be start with a new and innovative idea and create a whole new experience.

Why spend the money on totally re-doing the pavilion when they think they can build a new solid attraction in its place for a fraction of the cost? Heck I'd love to see the WoL pavilion see a new and innovative idea to create a whole new experience, but it doesn't look like it's in the cards.

wannab@dis said:
I'm not convinced that this update will be the full blown rehab that we hope for, especially since the rumored 8 month timeframe does not seem plausible.

Now that's a totally different story.

goofntink

Ooops,sorry didn't include next sentence that stated "This does not include schedule for demo or addition of maintenance rehab into timeframe.. Sorry for not including it :hammer: Projected start was stated possibly as soon as Aug, Sept. for reopening end Sept, 1st oct next year.And to answer another question proposal request made reference to use of the old track layout still in place.:veryconfu Nothing was shown to be gutted out, basically painting, removing and replacing signage, moving walls from here to there, and reutilizing unused space.To us basically reading between the lines means falling back to the ugly term of " Recycle":cry:

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
I'm intrigued... you went from a poster that did nothing but talk about your figment website to someone that thinks he has "connections". You try to speak as if you know a lot of inside information. Yet you never give any details that would back up your claims. Actually... you never give any information other than what's already been posted about.

Well, while it is true that my start on this forum was based around the campaign, I have gained many soures because of this. The only reason that I would hesitate to give out information is because this news is important and people like to learn about "definites" and not "maybes." You still have to realize that while this information IS true, we have no way of confirming that Baxter and Iger have greenlit the project.

8 months seems so short....they would have to work hard and fast! My fear is that this will be the "major update" for Imag that can't be changed for 10+ years......they should go all out and give construction the time it needs to make something truly great.....

They want to open and rededicate the pavilion on the day of Epcot's 25th anniversary.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Just repainting the pavilion and re-lighting the piramids would be an improvement.

I don't know what sort of reference people have, but the current color scheme, while more "striking" is a bit garish compared to the soft blues of the original. I really wish the old fountain sculpture would come back, as the current one is just.. bleh :p In comparison of course.

The old one was sort of a free form cloud/bubble idea based on the same design structure that the current pyramid in the fountain has. It also, from what i can tell in photos, has glass/plastic panels which were dichroic so they reflected light in a rainbow.

Anywho.. back to blue and light the bloody pyramids so they actually show up at night :)

jedimaster1227

Originally Posted by mousermerf
light the bloody pyramids so they actually show up at night :)

They did on the night that the cheerleaders visited Epcot because they put them all upstairs in the old Imageworks. And it looked amazing! If you are reading this Disney, light the pyramids up!!!:sohappy:

Thelazer

Lets see, so from what we can tell it seems that it is possible parts of the old track remain and are just covered up. From what Jedi has said, I would guess that they will uncover some of those unused portions and that will give a longer ride time. Sadly, I doubt the turntable will come back. We do know however that they did save at least one of the "Dream Machines" so maybe that will show back up as well? I don’t think any of the old sets were saved, so whatever they do is going to be a pretty much new build/overlay. Don’t know how you can “overlay” what’s in that thing now, as it’s all a bit of a mess.

As for lighting up the pyramids. It's amazing what you can do with the new LED technology these days. Anyone happen to see Space Mountain during last years Not So Scary Halloween Party?

dxwwf3

Thelazer said:
As for lighting up the pyramids. It's amazing what you can do with the new LED technology these days. Anyone happen to see Space Mountain during last years Not So Scary Halloween Party?

That would sure be nice

jedimaster1227

Thelazer said:
Lets see, so from what we can tell it seems that it is possible parts of the old track remain and are just covered up. From what Jedi has said, I would guess that they will uncover some of those unused portions and that will give a longer ride time. Sadly, I doubt the turntable will come back. We do know however that they did save at least one of the "Dream Machines" so maybe that will show back up as well? I don’t think any of the old sets were saved, so whatever they do is going to be a pretty much new build/overlay. Don’t know how you can “overlay” what’s in that thing now, as it’s all a bit of a mess.

The turntable isn't coming back because it was a nightmare for Disney to operate. Disney could make new Dreammachines, which most likely they will. The track could possibly be extended to take up the space left unused since the original ride was scrapped.

mayoki

What has happened to JII reminds me of an old saying, "when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging" What I mean is they seem to make things worse with every "fix." while overlooking such small but obvious things as lighting the pyramids. JII continues to be one of the top blunders in the history of WDW, and they should simply start from scratch with the entire pavilion(on the inside of course, I love the look of the pavilion). I know it's not an inexpensive endeavour, but it would be worth it in the long run.

PintoColvig

jedimaster1227 said:
The turntable isn't coming back because it was a nightmare for Disney to operate. Disney could make new Dreammachines, which most likely they will. The track could possibly be extended to take up the space left unused since the original ride was scrapped.
Does anyone have or know of the original track layout as well as the current track layout?

jedimaster1227

PintoColvig said:
Does anyone have or know of the original track layout as well as the current track layout?

Marni has a great map that shows the changes in track layout with a comparison of all three versions of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom