How accurate is the Jim Hill report that the Dreamfinder may return to Figment?

jedimaster1227

AEfx said:
I'm glad you pointed this out, merf. UoE tends to get knocks on Disney sites, but the truth of the matter is Ellen (as a personality) is more popular now than she ever was. I don't think we'll see her disapear anytime soon. Just goes to show, things may go out of style, but then again they may come back in.

AEfx

Disney's wallet issues won't let them get rid of Ellen anyways... That Ellen animatronic cost too much for them to trash it so quickly.

Figments Friend

Well i find this all very exciting.....finally after what seems to be a eternity we may actually have a attracion at the Imagination Pavillion that ACTUALLY IS about "Imagination"!! YEEESssss!!!!!

That being said...i will wait and see what unfolds. Better to be surprised then expect too much and then be dissapointed.....

Let me just add this: PLEASE have LESS video screens and MORE animatronics/sets!! WDW ( and Epcot exspecially) is in need of a turnaround. There's only so many video screens one can stare at before it all seems to run together into a blur of mediocrity.

:drevil:

Buford

SlusherGusher said:
Are you referring to the Dave Smith part of the comment or the JII plans part of the comment? Regarding the JII plans, post #7 seems pretty straight forward.
Dave didn't say anything about a new version of JII, there was just a misunderstanding :wave:

Jedimaster--- Kitchen Cabaret closed after 11 years with many expensive figures, so I don't think the AA is in the forefront of Disney's mind..... also, look at Timekeeper after 12 years (7 years if you count it going seasonal as "dead")............. :wave:

Captain Chaos

jedimaster1227 said:
You're completely right on that! It hasn't been announced by Disney, but this news has been given to us over 20 times over the last three months and the details continue to be confirmed by more and more sources every day, so next to an official announcement when Nemo opens up at Epcot, that is the best we will get.

I am hoping for an announcement at the opening of Nemo... I hope this is true.. I really do... Makes me all tingly inside :lookaroun

Captain Chaos

jedimaster1227 said:
Disney's wallet issues won't let them get rid of Ellen anyways... That Ellen animatronic cost too much for them to trash it so quickly.

They could just take the AA and use is somewhere else.. I don't think the Ellen AA is a major road block...

Sledge

Account Suspended
dxer07002 said:
They could just take the AA and use is somewhere else.. I don't think the Ellen AA is a major road block...
Like in the recently rumored idea for the new WoL pavillion. Wonders of Lesbians. :lookaroun

:D

jedimaster1227

Buford said:
Dave didn't say anything about a new version of JII, there was just a misunderstanding :wave:

Jedimaster--- Kitchen Cabaret closed after 11 years with many expensive figures, so I don't think the AA is in the forefront of Disney's mind..... also, look at Timekeeper after 12 years (7 years if you count it going seasonal as "dead")............. :wave:

Yes, the Dave Smith part was a complete misunderstanding on my part and once again, I apologize. I associated something that he said with something that I heard from another source and put the two together, thinking that it was in fact Dave who told me, but it wasn't. I feel horrible about that because it wasn't intentional. :cry:

KK closed to be updated, the AA's may have cost alot at the time they were bought, but the were 11 years old, the technology was older and so was the hardware. Ellen's AA isn't that old in hardware or system. For what it has cost, the attraction doesn't do it any justice, and until it does, the AA will be there to stay.

I am hoping for an announcement at the opening of Nemo... I hope this is true.. I really do... Makes me all tingly inside :lookaroun

We expect an official announcement of the pavilion's closure at the opening of Nemo the Ride, if it doesn't happen then, then it will happen at the opening of Nemo the Musical. If it doesn't happen then, then it won't happen at all, so keep your fingers crossed. Epcot's 25th will be amazing if all goes as planned! :animwink:

Captain Chaos

Sledge said:
Like in the recently rumored idea for the new WoL pavillion. Wonders of Lesbians. :lookaroun

:D

Now that could be a wonderful idea for an attraction.. But, it depends who the Lesbians are. LOL... I'd want the thrilling version of that attraction, no green team version.. LOL

Sledge

Account Suspended
dxer07002 said:
Now that could be a wonderful idea for an attraction.. But, it depends who the Lesbians are. LOL... I'd want the thrilling version of that attraction, no green team version.. LOL
LMAO

Green version - Ellen and Rosie
Orange version - The cast of The L Word

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
jedimaster1227 said:
For what it has cost, the attraction doesn't do it any justice, and until it does, the AA will be there to stay.

Dosn`t mean the AA will be staying in UoE, or with the same appearence :animwink:

BTW; regarding the OP of this thread, quite accurate :D

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
Yes, the Dave Smith part was a complete misunderstanding on my part and once again, I apologize. I associated something that he said with something that I heard from another source and put the two together, thinking that it was in fact Dave who told me, but it wasn't. I feel horrible about that because it wasn't intentional. :cry:

KK closed to be updated, the AA's may have cost alot at the time they were bought, but the were 11 years old, the technology was older and so was the hardware. Ellen's AA isn't that old in hardware or system. For what it has cost, the attraction doesn't do it any justice, and until it does, the AA will be there to stay.

We expect an official announcement of the pavilion's closure at the opening of Nemo the Ride, if it doesn't happen then, then it will happen at the opening of Nemo the Musical. If it doesn't happen then, then it won't happen at all, so keep your fingers crossed. Epcot's 25th will be amazing if all goes as planned! :animwink:
I'm intrigued... you went from a poster that did nothing but talk about your figment website to someone that thinks he has "connections". You try to speak as if you know a lot of inside information. Yet you never give any details that would back up your claims. Actually... you never give any information other than what's already been posted about.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
wannab@dis said:
I wouldn't go that far. He's been way off many times. :wave:

I`m just verifying what JH said compared to other sources.

We both know he`s not been 100% on the ball with what he`s been told in the past, but this one is checking out. :wave:

wannab@dis

marni1971 said:
I`m just verifying what JH said compared to other sources.

We both know he`s not been 100% on the ball with what he`s been told in the past, but this one is checking out. :wave:
Gotcha :wave:

Yeah, it appears there's more confirmations coming out. I think it's a shame, but I'll wait and see how it goes. I just don't get the move backwards.

goofntink

Project does not have the greenlight yet, but as reported if it does happen Figment will return with an updated Dreamfinder. Cp's in Figment costume are no longer out anymore. And the whole Pavilion would be rehabed including upstairs. I'll try and find our info on it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
wannab@dis said:

Yeah, it appears there's more confirmations coming out. I think it's a shame, but I'll wait and see how it goes. I just don't get the move backwards.

I can see where you are coming from. This may not be a move backwards though. Dreamfinder can be inserted in yet another update of the dark ride that's different from the original version. Its a tricky calculus, this business of entertaining people in theme parks. I have a feeling this pavilion change may in part be due to guest comments. Many of the non-Disney addicts that I have accompanied to EPCOT in the last decade have commented or mentioned that they remembered the Imagination pavilion (ride and all) as being better, even if they couldn't recall the specifics of what was there. I've actually not been a big fan of any of the versions of the dark ride at the imagination pavilion, so like you, I'm taking a wait and see attitude.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
wannab@dis said:

I`d hope it will be a giant leap forward; only going back to bring Dreamfinder and upstairs back from the past. I bet we don`t get it, but imagine a DF A-100 animatronic :D

I`d like to think it more using the basis of the original attraction concept but with todays technology and an up to date story - kind of Philharmagic with Mickey compared to Steamboat Willie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom