How accurate is the Jim Hill report that the Dreamfinder may return to Figment?

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
Absolutely.
The theme is so broad, there are MANY potential ways to upgrade the attraction without taking a step backwards.

While this is true, I highly doubt Disney won't include dreamfinder and figment in the next incarnation of JII. John Lasseter and Tony Baxter are huge disney fans and lately have been making it very clear that they want to bring back some old stuff with a modern twist. Which is something i'm very much behind.

Some examples i've seen lately:

- The return of Tomorrowland Terrace with an updated design and color scheme featuring Jedi Training Academy.

- John Lasseter's brief interview with Laughingplace where he makes it clear that the new Submarine Voyage ride will be a fusion of old and new.

- Recently, there has been alot of nostalgic Epcot merchandise going on sale in epcot.

JCorduroy

There's something to be said for nostalgia, and I love the Dreamfinder and Figment as much as anyone, but I think Lee is right here.

Epcot is supposed to be about innovation and moving forward. Maybe it's time that JII did that and gave us something altogether new. :)

Epcot82Guy

This is a very interesting idea. I think if the Imagination theme stays intact, the departure of Figment will be no more successful than was the original loss of him. However, I think there are some other concepts that could use a showcase along FW.

I remember when the rehabs came down the pipeline that I thought a wonderful way to integrate would have been to recreate DF and Figment in the Magic Eye theater. Although I know this is a huge pipe dream, a wonderful way would be to use the main show building for something brand new (except maybe the upstairs imageworks) and bring the Journey Into Imagination into the theater. Recreate Figment's creation in the preshow area surrounded by the clouds and thoughts of Dreamfinders flight. Then have a new concept of travelling through the dreamport for the main theater show. Having new in-theater effects could make this a great attraction. Plus, as popularity wanes, the theater can be updated quickly and easily into a new attraction to match whatever new sits along side it.

Of course, a new JII using the trackless system (TDL's Pooh) wouldn't be bad either. :cool: (Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?)

Captain Chaos

This is a very interesting idea. I think if the Imagination theme stays intact, the departure of Figment will be no more successful than was the original loss of him. However, I think there are some other concepts that could use a showcase along FW.

I remember when the rehabs came down the pipeline that I thought a wonderful way to integrate would have been to recreate DF and Figment in the Magic Eye theater. Although I know this is a huge pipe dream, a wonderful way would be to use the main show building for something brand new (except maybe the upstairs imageworks) and bring the Journey Into Imagination into the theater. Recreate Figment's creation in the preshow area surrounded by the clouds and thoughts of Dreamfinders flight. Then have a new concept of travelling through the dreamport for the main theater show. Having new in-theater effects could make this a great attraction. Plus, as popularity wanes, the theater can be updated quickly and easily into a new attraction to match whatever new sits along side it.

Of course, a new JII using the trackless system (TDL's Pooh) wouldn't be bad either. :cool: (Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?)

I like this idea.

SirGoofy

I don't know. Figment, in my eyes at least, is like the spokesperson for Epcot. His loss will be a huge one for the park. If he is going to be taken out of the ride, the least they could do would be to integrate him into the park some other way.

ears2you

Nope. Doesn't look like it.

As I said in the quote above: There was a concept, there was a proposed budget, there was some enthusiasm for it........then it died.

Currently at Epcot, the only things in the pipeline are a refurb for Spaceship Earth, refurbs at Canada's film and Mexico's boat ride, and (I think) two more countries getting some reufrb work.

then i say we re-ignite the flame! i want the non-annoying figment and DREAMFINDER back!!!!

culturenthrills

While this is true, I highly doubt Disney won't include dreamfinder and figment in the next incarnation of JII. John Lasseter and Tony Baxter are huge disney fans and lately have been making it very clear that they want to bring back some old stuff with a modern twist. Which is something i'm very much behind.

Some examples i've seen lately:

- The return of Tomorrowland Terrace with an updated design and color scheme featuring Jedi Training Academy.

- John Lasseter's brief interview with Laughingplace where he makes it clear that the new Submarine Voyage ride will be a fusion of old and new.

- Recently, there has been alot of nostalgic Epcot merchandise going on sale in epcot.

The problem is will Lasseter pay attention to WDW or is all of his attention on Disneyland. WDW needs someone who has alot of power to pay attention to it to break thru the bureaucracy out here and get stuff done.

scottnj1966

Jim Hills rumors are mostly just that a rumor.
I have read this site so much to now believe he cannot have any inside information.
He collects whatever people may mention or hope, packages it into something that is so amazing and interesting, then calls it the next big thing Disney will have.

If he really had inside information, Disney would have plugged that leak years ago.

ears2you

Lee, have you heard:
-of any plans for reopening the upstairs area of Imagination
-if Dreamfinder will get a new modern look (dare I say shaved!:eek: )
-of a possible HISTA replacement
-of Epcot25 celebration/changes

Just wondering :wave: Thanks!

umm this is gonna sound weird but what does HISTA stand for?

mkepcotmgmak

Maybe it's time that JII did that and gave us something altogether new. :)

I still stand by my idea of taking HISTA out and making a Journey Into Your Imagination (with Figment) 3D movie (S O O O O many possibilities!) - from CG like Philhar... but I would like to see JII the ride stay just really make it great again! (with or without dreamfinder).

There are so many great possibilities for the whole entire resort. It is just as matter of money, time, guest reaction, experienced enough technology to actually pull it off, and many other variables. I bet you could ask any Disney representative if they had an idea for a new ride or refurb to an old one and they would say yes. It is just a matter of getting things done ... and well lately the Disney Company has been sitting around like a sack of potatoes. But the time will finally come when a whole mess of new attractions and refurbs suddenly happen all around the same time ... it just takes some patience.

Empress Room

... and well lately the Disney Company has been sitting around like a sack of potatoes.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Everest at AK, Nemo stage show and theatre rehab at AK, Laugh Floor at MK, Nemo ride and Seas rehab at Epcot, Land rehab at Epcot, Lights Motors at MGM...(to name a few)

There's certainly been plenty of ongoing projects; I'm not sure it's fair to say that Disney has been sitting around like a "sack of potatoes."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom