How accurate is the Jim Hill report that the Dreamfinder may return to Figment?

Shaman

Nope. Doesn't look like it.

As I said in the quote above: There was a concept, there was a proposed budget, there was some enthusiasm for it........then it died.

Currently at Epcot, the only things in the pipeline are a refurb for Spaceship Earth, refurbs at Canada's film and Mexico's boat ride, and (I think) two more countries getting some reufrb work.

Makes sense...Epcot has gotten lots of TLC the last couple of years....The Studios needs the most attention now methinks....

SirGoofy

Nope. Doesn't look like it.

As I said in the quote above: There was a concept, there was a proposed budget, there was some enthusiasm for it........then it died.

Currently at Epcot, the only things in the pipeline are a refurb for Spaceship Earth, refurbs at Canada's film and Mexico's boat ride, and (I think) two more countries getting some reufrb work.

Oh well. Thanks Lee. Just knowing there was some support for a return gives me hope for something in the future.

Lee

Adventurer
What about Figment? Hoestly, I can take no DF, but I'm not gonna be happy with out Fig. He's second only to SSE when I think about the icon of Epcot.

Haven't heard.
But if I was a betting man...I'd bet on Figment going into retirement after the next JII refurb.

Shaman

Haven't heard.
But if I was a betting man...I'd bet on Figment going into retirement after the next JII refurb.

Now that's interesting news!!!! If that were to happen...we'll never hear the end of it. :lol: :hammer:

They could do so much more with the concept/"theme"....

dxwwf3

While I was excited about the possible Dreamfinder return with Figment, I can easily live with it as long as something worthwhile comes to the pavilion in the future. As I said before, the Dreamfinder return wasn't the only way to make the pavilion good again.

Captain Chaos

Absolutely.
The theme is so broad, there are MANY potential ways to upgrade the attraction without taking a step backwards.

Problem is, prior to this version, the 2nd version was a step backwards, and this version is still a step backwards from the original, but not as bad as version 2. I enjoy this version, but I am sick of Nigel Channing.

Lee

Adventurer
Problem is, prior to this version, the 2nd version was a step backwards, and this version is still a step backwards from the original, but not as bad as version 2. I enjoy this version, but I am sick of Nigel Channing.

True.
The first misstep was the first refurb. They should have taken a much bigger step away from the original and never looked back.

Stich fan

To me, Refurnbing an attraction due to poor response could be to me another step backwards,
1: If the refurb did happen and Disney gives too much of the a good thing, Well.. I woudn't think about it
2.Disney does it right but other people question the Dreamfinder apperance, Disney realises this and then goofs it up resulting in a dead pavillion

Im just coining in my opinion, But i hate people questioning my opinion, I feel sour when people question me, So, I feel better if you don't question my opinion

dxwwf3

The theme is so broad, there are MANY potential ways to upgrade the attraction without taking a step backwards.

But if they had decided to use the Dreamfinder again, in no way would that have automatically equalled a step backwards. Actually I think the Dreamfinder return could have led to an attraction that was actually better than the original.

SirGoofy

Haven't heard.

I had to go through enough counseling the first time! Psh, why not just get rid of the pavillion all together as far as I'm concerned.

Lee

Adventurer
I had to go through enough counseling the first time! Psh, why not just get rid of the pavillion all together as far as I'm concerned.

Nah!
The pavillion is bigger than Figment or Dreamfinder. It can exist just fine without them.
In my humble opinion, that's what they need to do. Start from scratch with an entirely new concept for the attraction. New name, new everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom