Hollywood Studios entertainment overhaul

flynnibus

Premium Member
How long do you think it would take to turn it into the tangled show?

they key for such things is watching for new casting calls. The show needs to be cast, performers need to learn the show and reherse.. all of that is far more telling then the variable 'how much time will they take to build out the set..'

iheartdisney91

While i'm excited for "Tangled" i will be devastated if they replace "Mermaid" a classic disney movie/show..... with a Disney channel show.

while i love Phineas and Ferb.... but more importantly Perry.
i just don't think "Mermaid" should be replaced by them.

it doesn't seem right to me.

mm52200

Once again, don't see why they can't put the new Tangled show or atleast move BATB to the Premiere Theatre since its just sitting empty. But I will be very disappointed if they actually replace VOTLM with a Phineas and Ferb show...if they want a P&F show make it a street party like the one they have in DCA.

The Empress Lilly

While i'm excited for "Tangled" i will be devastated if they replace "Mermaid" a classic disney movie/show..... with a Disney channel show.

while i love Phineas and Ferb.... but more importantly Perry.
i just don't think "Mermaid" should be replaced by them.

it doesn't seem right to me.
Yes, God forbid.

Replacing a BatB musicalette for a Tangled one makes some sort of sense. But to replace Mermaid for a Disney Channel fad is just sad.

And to think two theaters sit empty in DHS, a park whose most common complaint is that there isn't enough to do as is! But do replace a family favourite for a show with very limited demographic appeal.

doctornick

Once again, don't see why they can't put the new Tangled show or atleast move BATB to the Premiere Theatre since its just sitting empty. But I will be very disappointed if they actually replace VOTLM with a Phineas and Ferb show...if they want a P&F show make it a street party like the one they have in DCA.

I don't have a problem with P&F in the VOTLM space (wouldn't be my first choice though...) but they really should use the Premiere Theater to add another show especially if LMA/Backlot Tour are going off-line in the near future.

iheartdisney91

Yes, God forbid.

And to think two theaters sit empty in DHS, a park whose most common complaint is that there isn't enough to do as is! But do replace a family favourite for a show with very limited demographic appeal.

Exactly!
it makes me so sad, let P&F have a street show like High School Musical did, Leave "Ariel" alone, her theater is MADE for that show!
move "Tangled" into Hunchback's stage or something. or even "Sounds Dangerous"

when you think about "DHS" there really isnt A LOT to do there.
i LOVE it to death, but still..... it needs more. and by more i dont mean taking out the classics.

djlaosc

That's one of the only problems I have with all of this DHS expansion talk...

Tangled - close B&TB
Phineas & Ferb - close VotLM
Carsland - close LMA
Monsters Inc - close BLT

...if all of Carsland is cloned, then maximum we end up with is +2 attractions - if they don't bring Luigi's, and don't replace it, it will be +1. The park needs to keep the attractions it has, and add to them, not replace them.

(For the record, the other problems I have are...
  • Phineas & Ferb - never seen it, so one less attraction for me personally to do (however, I do recognise that it has a lot of fans, and could be good for the park - just not for me, which I'm fine with - not a real problem).
  • The location of the hat (which could be getting solved with this expansion).
  • Hollywood/Sunset Boulevard thematic intrusions - RnRC, Disney Channel Rocks, Mulch Sweat & Shears, Play 'n' Dine at Hollywood 'n' Vine - don't get rid of them, but RnRC/DCR/MS&S could make a nice "music themed" area if they could use some of the backstage area behind/beside RnRC (PnDaHnV could also be built on this land, but accessed from Animation Courtyard) - AIE will solve itself eventually.
  • There needs to be a major draw in the area beside Star Tours (the on-now-off IJA could have helped to solve this)
  • Empty Premiere Theater
  • Empty ABC Sound Studios
  • People complain about not enough for the kids - why haven't they built a Toontown here yet?
  • HISTK Movie Set Adventure - this has to be changed to "it's a bugs life" at some point, hasn't it?
  • Pizza Planet not beside Toy Story/Backlot Express not beside Backlot (although that will be solved with this expansion by removing the backlot)
  • People complain about lack of food options.
  • Appropriate merchandise for the land, but that is a "whole of WDW problem"
  • Identity - They need to move to "hollywood that never was" at the front, "production studios" (Lucas Studios, Muppet Studios, Pixar Studios, etc.) elsewhere
  • Navigation - they need to try to get the park to have an outside loop like the other three parks, instead of the current dead ends in Animation Courtyard and Sunset Boulevard
...as you can see, none of my other problems aren't really major (and some of them may be sorted if we get a DHS 2.0 deal). The main thing is that there needs to be more attractions in the park than there currently is (19?)).

wdwfan4ver

While DHS has empty theaters, I have no issue with BATB and VoTLM going away away. My reasoning is the fact stage shows are known to stay in the same location only a certain amount of time. That means stage shows can't be permanent despite how good they are. The two shows are 21 and 18 years old. That is a long time for a stage show before need to go for a period of time.

Stage shows in the past outside of Disney do come back to the same location after a while, but there is time they are gone.

tomman710

P&F actually seems like it'd be a good fit in the Sounds Dangerous Theater ... although I can't remember how large or small that was and if data suggests P&F would need something larger.

MKCP 1985

Has anyone else commented on how P&F looks so similar to P&tF?

Anyway, I would think P&F would be subject to the same challenges that plagued Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable at the Studios and Jimmy Neutron at the Universal Studios. Too short a shelf life for a world class theme park. . . but it is a really fun cartoon.

Next Big Thing

Disney is scouting young boys around ages 10-12. My brother's actor profile was recently viewed by "New Disney Attractions-Talent". Not sure if it has anything to do with this, but figured i'd pass it on. It seemed odd as Disney doesn't use child actors often. Possibly for P&F maybe?

BrightImagine

Great news. Tangled is just screaming, "MAKE ME A BROADWAY SHOW!" It is brilliant, I LOVE Tangled. It'd be perfect for the Studios. And VotLM is in need of replacement. I love both VotLM and BatB shows in DHS, but it's time for replacement.

Thank you - I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about Tangled. I would just love to see Mother Gothel on Broadway. And the BatB show... I may be the only one who doesn't like it, and that's unusual considering that BatB is my favorite (modern) animated feature. Being compressed for time just removes all the emotion from the story, for me.

Edit to add... my kid has recently discovered Phineas & Ferb and we're watching it from the beginning. The show is great, and more importantly it's full of music... which would help make it a good attraction. It's been on since 2007, so it's not like it's "new."

krash9924

I actually don't mind the P&F show in the LM building, this now would create a Disney Junior Courtyard of sorts. With Playhouse Disney and the P&F show this would be a great time to turn that whole corner into a Disney Junior courtyard with a cohesive them with meet and greets as well. My daughter would love meeting Jake and Crew as well at other Disney Junior shows.

WDWYankee15

I actually don't mind the P&F show in the LM building, this now would create a Disney Junior Courtyard of sorts. With Playhouse Disney and the P&F show this would be a great time to turn that whole corner into a Disney Junior courtyard with a cohesive them with meet and greets as well. My daughter would love meeting Jake and Crew as well at other Disney Junior shows.
I think that is a faboulous idea!

The Empress Lilly

So if this is actually happening, any idea as to when we might hear something officially?
At a very late date.

One does not make a large public announcement for a closure. One waits for the replacement, that one can announce the change as 'New Show Offering!'.

Ten dollar say the replacement of two shows for two other shows will be marketed as 'Hollywood Studios Expansion'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom