Hollywood Studios entertainment overhaul

PeoplemoverTTA

I've been skipping BatB and VotLM for years. Tangled and P&F shows seem like a fresh jolt DHS really needs to stay current (I think P&F is hysterical -- I do not have kids -- and I agree with another poster who thinks it could end up being Spongebob-like over time). Of course, I would much rather see the Sounds Dangerous and Hunchback theaters repurposed instead.

So, while I really like the choices for new entertainment, I'm still wondering when the other 2 options we've lost are coming back.

Please note: That is not a request for Sounds Dangerous to come back :D

jt04

I've been skipping BatB and VotLM for years. Tangled and P&F shows seem like a fresh jolt DHS really needs to stay current (I think P&F is hysterical -- I do not have kids -- and I agree with another poster who thinks it could end up being Spongebob-like over time). Of course, I would much rather see the Sounds Dangerous and Hunchback theaters repurposed instead.

So, while I really like the choices for new entertainment, I'm still wondering when the other 2 options we've lost are coming back.

Please note: That is not a request for Sounds Dangerous to come back :D

Heh.

BatB and LM franchises will be at the MK. The stage shows are likely going to Yesterland.

PeoplemoverTTA

Heh.

BatB and LM franchises will be at the MK. The stage shows are likely going to Yesterland.

I should've been more clear. I don't have a problem with BatB and LM shows going away. I meant to imply that we should get the new shows plus two additional choices for entertainment, since two theaters are still vacant.

Tip Top Club

I thought that these shows might be on their way out with the modern interpretations opening over at the Kingdom. Tangled isn't my cup of tea, but it's obviously very popular and I'm sure will be well done. Phineas and Ferb is great, so that's great news in my mind, perhaps they will use that opportunity to spruce up the Animation Courtyard a little bit.

djlaosc

I would expect more entertainment changes at Studios too.

What's left?

ABC Sound Studio - Currently Empty
American Idol Experience
Citizens of Hollywood
Disney Channel Rocks
Disney Junior Live on Stage
Fantasmic!
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Light, Motors, Action (already going)
Meet 'n' Greets
Mulch, Sweat & Shears
Osbourne Lights
Pixar Parade
Premier Theater - Currenty Empty
Star Wars Weekends
The Magic of Disney Animation/Art Academy (do know whether it would come under entertainment, but it is sort of a show)

tomman710

What's left?

American Idol Experience
Citizens of Hollywood
Disney Channel Rocks
Disney Junior Live on Stage
Fantasmic!
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Light, Motors, Action (already going)
Meet 'n' Greets
Mulch, Sweat & Shears
Osbourne Lights
Pixar Parade
Star Wars Weekends
The Magic of Disney Animation/Art Academy (do know whether it would come under entertainment, but it is sort of a show)

There are two perfectly good theaters sitting empty ... it could have something to do with those.

mm52200

The argument I never understood for getting rid of these shows is that they'll be represented over in the FLE, which is true. But why should two of Disney's greatest films be limited to one park/attraction/etc. That hasn't stopped them before, look at Finding Nemo and Toy Story for instance. But BATB and Mermaid can't keep their additional attractions? However, it seems like a pretty done deal that both shows are leaving.

scottb411

I have a 4-year old and Rapunzel is by far her favorite princess as it is with many of her other 4-year old friends and it is not anything that we instilled in her. She is just a very likable princess to girls. My daughter swings on her swing in the back yard shouting "Best day ever". We don't get it because we didn't grow up with Rapunzel but there is no such thing as nostalgia to a 4 year old. There is enough music to support a musical (Brush My Hair, I Had a Dream, Mother Knows Best, and At Last I See the Lights). To me, Rapunzel is the most under-represented character at Disney to whom is important to the kids today.

Personally, I thought the Hunchback of Notre Dame show was one of the best shows produced at the Studios and I would like to see it return. I'm not a huge fan of the movie but the show at the studios was great with the puppetry and such. The Cruise lines seem to be a fan of the Hunchback of Notre Dame in their shows on the ships as well so I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to have it return.

rnese

ok.....hold on Jabroni. I loved the National Treasures movies but to make the statement that Nicholas Cage is the greatest screen actor in the past three generations is outright the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I have two words for you...Tom Hanks....period!

Wait a minute!!!!! You're actually comparing Tom Hanks...who's biggest acheivements were Turner and Hooch, Volunteers, Joe versus the Volcano and The Money Pit...to the OUTSTANDING talents of Nicholas Cage! Sir, have you not seen the box-office BLOCKBUSTERS such as Peggy Sue Got Married, Trapped in Paradise, and Ghostrider!?!

Please...;)

MKCP 1985

Wait a minute!!!!! You're actually comparing Tom Hanks...who's biggest acheivements were Turner and Hooch, Volunteers, Joe versus the Volcano and The Money Pit...to the OUTSTANDING talents of Nicholas Cage! Sir, have you not seen the box-office BLOCKBUSTERS such as Peggy Sue Got Married, Trapped in Paradise, and Ghostrider!?!

Please...;)

I can't believe you would neglect Tom Hanks' most celebrated film accomplishment to date - Bachelor Party!

End of comparison. LoL

iheartdisney91

hi guys!
i have not posted in a while, i just usually stalk the "news" here.
but seeing this thread really devastated me. "VOTLM" is my favorite thing about DHS....
it actually introduced me to Ariel when i was just 2yrs old. it's played a big role in my life.

i was talking to a "Cast member" of BATB and he said that none of this was true. about either shows. He mentioned budget, as well as technology updates.

i know you CAN NOT believe everything from the internet, but i just thought i'd share this RUMOR to add to the rumors. I honestly don't know what to believe.

As much as i love the stage shows, i'm afraid i saw it coming with the Fantasyland expansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom