Hollywood Strikes Are Over! - SAG-AFTRA agrees to a deal

Phroobar

Nope, as it appears SAG-AFTRA may soon strike against video game companies too.

So we'll be having no entertainment but a couple reality tv shows pretty soon. Get prepared for Season 102 of the Kardashians and the Bachelor cause that is all we'll have soon......
We have over hundred years of better made entertainment. I think we can live. International made shows are typically better made anyway.

There are millions of video games that we have access to. SAG has nothing to do with indie games. Besides, I can always write my own.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
We have over hundred years of better made entertainment. I think we can live. International made shows are typically better made anyway.

There are millions of video games that we have access to. SAG has nothing to do with indie games. Besides, I can always write my own.
I wouldn't call everything better, lol.

As for indie games, I don't know the SAG contract for video games but if its like regular voice acting I believe any indie game that uses SAG voice actors would be affected. Also I would expect that SAG wouldn't work with any video game company, indie or otherwise, in the future if they use non-SAG actors.

But sure write your own, you can create the next Fortnight and get rich and buy us all Disney Parks tickets. :)

Tha Realest

I tend to agree. But, even with that amount of quality, random mid stuff like Suits (?) get a much larger audience than new, original content.

BuddyThomas

Nope, as it appears SAG-AFTRA may soon strike against video game companies too.

So we'll be having no entertainment but a couple reality tv shows pretty soon. Get prepared for Season 102 of the Kardashians and the Bachelor cause that is all we'll have soon......
Don’t forget you can watch Kim Kardashian in American Horror Story on FX or Hulu right now, and she’s not half bad. And this is coming from someone who can’t stand her.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I blame the AMPTP for this! They're not trying to give the actors a fair and better deal! And they need to get rid of that stupid and unneeded A.I. thing at once! 😤 But it looks like this strike will never anytime soon.😢

Update: https://deadline.com/2023/10/no-fakes-act-ai-limits-senate-1235571538/ Hellooooooo!🤔😏
AI is not going away. Just as with any new technology its all in how its used. Should Hollywood not use computers at all just because someone can potentially misuse them, no of course not. So the same should apply for AI or any other new technology that comes along.

You keep saying AMPTP should give everyone a "fair and better deal", but do you even know what that is? Just saying that over and over isn't going to make things go faster. Things will work out in time.

As for the Bill, while I applaud its effort, a lot of what is in the Bill is already law such as likeness rights, but maybe this covers things a bit more. And this won't stop things like AI Deep Fakes from happening, as it will continue. I've seen some recent ones where Elon Musk's face and voice was used to try to sell some crypto scheme. Things like that will continue even if this Bill becomes law. As I said the technology is not going away.

DKampy

Haven't watch any of the other seasons, not going to start now especially cause she's in it.
You can pick and choose which seasons to watch since it is an anthology series where every season is it’s own story…some seasons are pretty great… but I am with those that can’t stand Kim K… and I will admit I have not checked out this year of AHS for that reason

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom