Hollywood Strikes Are Over! - SAG-AFTRA agrees to a deal

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the studios looked at the calendar and realized…

They got caught…the Wall Street pressure was too great and they were close to writing off an entire calendar year or more

Bob was big in this…he crapped on the writers and the actors jumped in to get a piece…

They could have given up less 6 months ago

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They got caught…the Wall Street pressure was too great and they were close to writing off an entire calendar year or more

Bob was big in this…he crapped on the writers and the actors jumped in to get a piece…

They could have given up less 6 months ago
Dunno, the way I read it is that no one got everything they wanted and both sides caved. Just like its suppose to be during a negotiation.

SAG wanted no AI used for actors, yet caved and allows Studios to scan actors as long as they agree and are paid for usage. Which really doesn't change anything since likeness rights have existed for decades. So the Studios got exactly what they wanted, to use AI for actors especially background actors.

SAG wanted higher caps on pension and healthcare, and pay increases, Studios caved and gave them higher caps and pay increases just not as much as SAG wanted.

So both sides caved on things, not just AMPTP. Both sides could have come up with this months ago. Both sides dug in their heels and played to the media. No one is blameless here. And both sides will claim victory.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dunno, the way I read it is that no one got everything they wanted and both sides caved. Just like its suppose to be during a negotiation.

SAG wanted no AI used for actors, yet caved and allows Studios to scan actors as long as they agree and are paid for usage. Which really doesn't change anything since likeness rights have existed for decades. So the Studios got exactly what they wanted, to use AI for actors especially background actors.

SAG wanted higher caps on pension and healthcare, and pay increases, Studios caved and gave them higher caps and pay increases just not as much as SAG wanted.

So both sides caved on things, not just AMPTP. Both sides could have come up with this months ago. Both sides dug in their heels and played to the media. No one is blameless here. And both sides will claim victory.

No one ever gets what they demand in collective bargaining…but clear victor here

The reactions tell the tale

One side “look at this great deal!”

The other said “we can’t wait to get back to great content for our customers”
Numbers not discussed by the sweater at all. I doubt Brian roberts will either

So who’s happy?…when you recognize that neither side gives a rat’s about the customers?
Cause they don’t.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No one ever gets what they demand in collective bargaining…but clear victor here

The reactions tell the tale

One side “look at this great deal!”

The other said “we can’t wait to get back to great content for our customers”
Numbers not discussed by the sweater at all. I doubt Brian roberts will either

So who’s happy?…when you recognize that neither side gives a rat’s about the customers?
Cause they don’t.
You want to claim that one side is a winner, cool, you're entitled to your opinion.

But Iger did talk about it -

As I said each side is going to claim some type of victory, even a slightly muted one by "management", as is normal.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You want to claim that one side is a winner, cool, you're entitled to your opinion.

But Iger did talk about it -

As I said each side is going to claim some type of victory, even a slightly muted one by "management", as is normal.

Here we go again…

There appears to be a winner…but it’s not 100-0

A 55-45 is a huge win for the guild. If you remember - the major stumbling blocks were streaming residuals and protections against AO

They got both…not to the level they wanted…but definitely more than what the studios wanted. Their demands were considered “unrealistic”

Poof! Now totally realistic.

As far as Iger goes…we’ve talked about this…Bob Iger is not required to tell you the truth. At all.
In fact…his job almost requires him to lie to all of us as much as possible. The earth isn’t flat.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Here we go again…

There appears to be a winner…but it’s not 100-0

A 55-45 is a huge win for the guild. If you remember - the major stumbling blocks were streaming residuals and protections against AO

They got both…not to the level they wanted…but definitely more than what the studios wanted. Their demands were considered “unrealistic”

Poof! Now totally realistic.

As far as Iger goes…we’ve talked about this…Bob Iger is not required to tell you the truth. At all.
In fact…his job almost requires him to lie to all of us as much as possible. The earth isn’t flat.
No Iger is not required to tell the truth, in fact he isn't required to say much.

SAG wanted no AI, Studios wanted AI. Studios got AI with provisions. So I wouldn't call that a "huge" win for SAG, more like caving to accept that AI is inevitable so a deal could be made.

So I would say its more 50-50, ie no one is a winner here even though both sides will claim some sort of victory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom