Hocus Pocus Sequel Being Developed for Disney+

MickeyMouse10

I like the way the Sanderson Sisters look on the cereal box. Maybe they should have made an animated version of it. This way they can keep cranking them out every couple of years.

tcool123

I like the way the Sanderson Sisters look on the cereal box. Maybe they should have made an animated version of it. This way they can keep cranking them out every couple of years.
Honestly, wouldn't be a bad idea for a new Disney+ Original series if the new film is a big success. Could be a prequel series.

LSLS

Here's the thing though, nowhere is that mentioned as part of Hocus Pocus 2. And I highly suspect without the new movie that still is a best seller. Which is why I say I don't think how good the movie is really matters too much, people just love the characters and want to see them.

MickeyMouse10

The Non Apologists will decide on their own. You can't really trust these so called "Professional" reviewers nowadays, they can be bought and paid for.

P.S. They gave the first Hocus Pocus 39% on Rotten Tomatoes. It was even lower than that, before a slew of recent reviews brought the score up.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

The Non Apologists will decide on their own. You can't really trust these so called "Professional" reviewers nowadays, they can be bought and paid for.

P.S. They gave the first Hocus Pocus 39% on Rotten Tomatoes. It was even lower than that, before a slew of recent reviews brought the score up.
I wonder if the ones who reviewed the new Pinocchio are bought and paid for.

LSLS

I dont think reviewers are bought, but I do think "is the movie fun and keeps you entertained" is about 45th on the list of things they look for. Top of the list would be "Can the fancy words I looked up yesterday describe it?"

That said, I stand by this fan base will love the movie no matter what as long as the sisters are prominent, and I expect it to be as ridiculous and corny and fun as can be

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I forget what Nerdrotic episode it was, but he showed a critic who admitted to "Playing Ball" with the Studios. And purposely giving Bad Shows and Movies good grades. They've got a I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine mentality.
Then how do you explain all the Disney content that got poor reviews from these alleged false reviewers supposedly in Disney's pocket?

MickeyMouse10

4 minutes 55 seconds in

"Every single person that wants to have access to things early. That wants to get access to things so that traffic is drawn to their site will on occasion. Occasionally will play softball. Occasionally has to you know look the other way."

cohost asks what he means.

"In a sense you know I hated a movie, but I won't say that I hated the movie."

Last edited:

Prince-1

You got to love the sound of crickets.

Apologists don't like facts, they wince whenever the light of truth falls on their face.

That isn’t the sound of crickets you hear but the sound of laughter at you thinking you proved anything. True journalists who review movies for a living are not being bought and paid for. It is the wannabe podcast losers who want to get in the good graces of Disney and who will do anything to do so.

MickeyMouse10

That isn’t the sound of crickets you hear but the sound of laughter at you thinking you proved anything. True journalists who review movies for a living are not being bought and paid for. It is the wannabe podcast losers who want to get in the good graces of Disney and who will do anything to do so.

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

Keep telling this bedtime story to yourself. The people that can actually form their own opinions know the truth.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

4 minutes 55 seconds in

"Every single person that wants to have access to things early. That wants to get access to things so that traffic is drawn to their site will on occasion. Occasionally will play softball. Occasionally has to you know look the other way."

cohost asks what he means.

"In a sense you know I hated a movie, but I won't say that I hated the movie."

I don't know whose sound clip was saying you occasionally, *occasionally* have to play...

But they were certainly emphasizing *occasionally*.

And for those bad reviews that are given out, how exactly does that work? Does Disney put out a spreadsheet indicating which content they're allowed to dis?

Sounds a lot like self-censoring. Or conspiratorial nonsense.

And big time journalistic papers don't play that game. They'll print stories about attempts to being manipulated, like the L.A. Times did once. And they immediately got their access back.

I'll admit that the social influencers that Disney wants to use as free advertising are being manipulated. But big city newspapers around the country aren't sore about not being invited to the early Food & Wine menu preview.

RT and Metacritic combine scores from these unmanipulated critics, often weighting their score compared to small time vloggers/websites.

Anything more than that is conspiracy lunacy.

It got good ratings! [That's just proof people being bought by Disney.]

It got bad ratings! [That's just proof of Disney covering their tracks!]

I can tell at this point there is no convincing you since you posit two contradictory things as proof of a conspiracy. This post is for the reasonable people out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom