Hocus Pocus Sequel Being Developed for Disney+

MickeyMouse10

It seemed better than the entire first movie!

LOL, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. You must like Disney Channel movies.

Not only does it look lame, but it looks fake like they used the leftover sets from Zombies 3. They didn't even film in Salem this time around, which was a vital part of the first film.

MickeyMouse10

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Yuck this looks horrible, worse than even Halloweentown. It looks like they didn't spend much money on this one. The special effects looked better in the original film, way back in 1993.

I hope Kathy Najimy is alright, she doesn't look good. I'd hate for this to be the last movie she was in. Maybe that's the reason they didn't wait to release it on the anniversary (next year).

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The marketing push for this is rather insane.

I sure hope that’s based on the product and not “assumptions”…

Or we’re gonna see discount a la TPM/TLJ all over the place by November

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ya know, in kids movies they tend not to make people look like they have cancer.

Sarah Jessica Parker is at her hottest in the Hocus Pocus movies. So that shows how much you know.
Ahem…striking distance…

If you can suffer the plot and Willis…

(But that was the same year…to be fair to your point)

SJP should be a “Disney legend” simply for her personal life…having experience Ironman in his most drug fueled era and then settling down with Ferris Lion King too…

Winona Ryder might qualify too on those grounds 🤔

LSLS

The marketing push for this is rather insane.

I sure hope that’s based on the product and not “assumptions”…

Or we’re gonna see discount a la TPM/TLJ all over the place by November
Eh, there's a huge difference. Star wars fans are the most difficult to make happy of about any fans of anythinf. I dont think most people for this are going to freak out too much no matter what, they are just going to be excited to have them back. Even if it's not good, I'd guess a lot will buy the merchandise just because of the original anyways.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Eh, there's a huge difference. Star wars fans are the most difficult to make happy of about any fans of anythinf. I dont think most people for this are going to freak out too much no matter what, they are just going to be excited to have them back. Even if it's not good, I'd guess a lot will buy the merchandise just because of the original anyways.
My point isn’t Star Wars…just tossing a joke.

Just saying there is ALOT of merch all over the place.
That does go to pattern: Halloween is more profitable than Christmas lb for lb based on consumer assessments…
Nightmare is a good example of that.

Star Wars isn’t that hard either…they just like material that goes to the primal themes and doesn’t treat the audience as stupid.

The Grumps about the fandom were Lucas apologists and now they’re Disney apologists.

Not a mystery.

LSLS

My point isn’t Star Wars…just tossing a joke.

Just saying there is ALOT of merch all over the place.
That does go to pattern: Halloween is more profitable than Christmas lb for lb based on consumer assessments…
Nightmare is a good example of that.

Star Wars isn’t that hard either…they just like material that goes to the primal themes and doesn’t treat the audience as stupid.

The Grumps about the fandom were Lucas apologists and now they’re Disney apologists.

Not a mystery.
I'm far from either, but star war fans are difficult. I just think that plays a bit into the merch issues too.

Anyways, the merch I think is less about the sequel of the movie than just they are super popular for Halloween in general. Honestly I don't notice that much more stuff than normal for halloween. Was it last year they came out with a hocus pocus inflatable that sold out in minutes everywhere? I don't think this movie will sway fans away at all, and I suspect there's very little they could do in this movie to make the fans hate it unless they decide to bring the sisters back for 2 minutes and make the entire plot something different.

MickeyMouse10

It's amazing it doesn't even look like the same person. SJP though rrrrrrr, she's a Cougar and a half. ... Ohhh yeah Kitty this Manther wants to play. :cat:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ahem…striking distance…

If you can suffer the plot and Willis…

(But that was the same year…to be fair to your point)

SJP should be a “Disney legend” simply for her personal life…having experience Ironman in his most drug fueled era and then settling down with Ferris Lion King too…

Winona Ryder might qualify too on those grounds 🤔
Remember early in her career she was in Flight of the Navigator too, rocking a pretty flattering 80s look....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom