HM rumors DEBUNKED!

jmvd20

FYI, ReDis does not do that! Most of the stuff that he reports is stuff that's never been heard before.

FYI...

Most of the rumors could be found on other sites prior to them being posted here...

No, this is not the only Disney site that I read - though I do find it to have some of the most reliable information available.

Everyone can keep going on beleiving that ReDis is a Disney employee sent to the world wide web to plant information, or that he is an imagineer. I on the other hand will continue to beleive that this is the rumor section, nothing less and nothing more.

It is very true that anyone can post rumors here, however those people must also realize that what they post is open to detailed scrutiny and criticism - thus is the nature of a discussion forum.

JimboJones123

hmm been a few days since I've been in here

*pulls up a chair*

JER-RY JER-RY JER-RY JER-RY

:lookaroun
[SIZE=+0]There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going;
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing.
[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Is it raining?
Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a-blowing?
Not a speck of light is showing,
[/SIZE][SIZE=+2]So the danger must be growing!
Are the fires of hell a-glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
[/SIZE][SIZE=+3]Yes, the danger must be growing
'Cause the rowers keep on rowing, [/SIZE][SIZE=+4]And they're certainly not showing
[/SIZE][SIZE=+5]Any signs that they are slowing! [/SIZE]
Wonka-DeadGuy.jpg

-- Willy Wonka

1FoolishMortal

Interesting when you're a Disneylander who occasionally frequents the WDW sites.

Back when DL received its new bride (call it Bride 1.0), it was said that she wasn't the final version of the effect, and that WDI was working on an updated version to debut at a later time. Well, when it was announced that WDW's Mansion would be going down for refurbishment, it was said that Bride 2.0 would be going there first instead of DL (and indeed, the bride effect in WDW is much different from its sister effect in DL, no pun intended :animwink:). Realistically, given the short time frame for the refurb, was there really enough time to develop a whole new attic, scrap it, develop a different version, scrap it, then finally install an updated version similar to what can be found in DL?? Doesn't seem very probable to me....

And yet, people keep defending those who have been proven & proven wrong again. I'm not just talking about ReDis, either. It's a number of users here. It's baffling, really... :veryconfu

jt04

Interesting when you're a Disneylander who occasionally frequents the WDW sites.

Back when DL received its new bride (call it Bride 1.0), it was said that she wasn't the final version of the effect, and that WDI was working on an updated version to debut at a later time. Well, when it was announced that WDW's Mansion would be going down for refurbishment, it was said that Bride 2.0 would be going there first instead of DL (and indeed, the bride effect in WDW is much different from its sister effect in DL, no pun intended :animwink:). Realistically, given the short time frame for the refurb, was there really enough time to develop a whole new attic, scrap it, develop a different version, scrap it, then finally install an updated version similar to what can be found in DL?? Doesn't seem very probable to me....

And yet, people keep defending those who have been proven & proven wrong again. I'm not just talking about ReDis, either. It's a number of users here. It's baffling, really... :veryconfu

Plenty of posters have been absolutely proven wrong but ReDis has DEFINITELY not been one of them. It's baffling how many people claim that he has but offer no real proof. :veryconfu Proof please. :D

1FoolishMortal

Please explain where ReDis was wrong since that is what you seem to be claiming.:lookaroun

I don't have to prove anything. It's simple logic at its best. The Mansion was closed for approximately 3 months from June to September. How in the name of Walt Disney's grave would they have enough time to, in summary, "decide on a scene for the attic, scrap it, revamp it, scrap it" then ultimately decide on a new version of DL's current attic??? Given the short time frame and the horrendous construction schedule they were already under, how would they have enough time to put that much detail into it without stopping time itself? :brick:

For goodness sakes, FL's safety commission (don't know their official name) didn't even sign off on the attraction until the monday before it was supposed to open. Talk about last minute!!

Dr Albert Falls

Original Poster
He said there were brand-new, 2-faced pop-up ghosts installed in the graveyard.

CM's who work inside the mansion say they're the same old pop-ups that have always been in there.

Case closed. ReDis Debunked.

phenom1307

No, no, no! Forget HM, talk and walk them over to Imagination. Ride it, force them to. Then as soon as you're off and they're breathing from those emergency creative air bags (for incase of a sudden loss of creativity) threaten that you'll make them ride it again if they don't fix it.

:ROFLOL: :lol: :ROFLOL: hahaha so true...all though its a good place to get out of the heat and into some AC

DisneySaint

Let's make a note here that I called Re-Dis an overzealous frontline CM from the get-go. He just reports things that are either common knowledge already (he reports them the day they area announced) or he just re-itterates rumors posted on other sites. I want to see his sorcerer Mickey nametag and I'll believe him.

jt04

I don't have to prove anything. It's simple logic at its best. The Mansion was closed for approximately 3 months from June to September. How in the name of Walt Disney's grave would they have enough time to, in summary, "decide on a scene for the attic, scrap it, revamp it, scrap it" then ultimately decide on a new version of DL's current attic??? Given the short time frame and the horrendous construction schedule they were already under, how would they have enough time to put that much detail into it without stopping time itself? :brick:

For goodness sakes, FL's safety commission (don't know their official name) didn't even sign off on the attraction until the monday before it was supposed to open. Talk about last minute!!

You have managed to completely misrepresent what ReDis has already explained in detail. You have simply stated an opinion. Case not closed.

jt04

He said there were brand-new, 2-faced pop-up ghosts installed in the graveyard.

CM's who work inside the mansion say they're the same old pop-ups that have always been in there.

Case closed. ReDis Debunked.

He explained why they were not used. Case not closed, ReDis not debunked.

Rwall10279

Re-Dis only claimed that they were adding a new type of pop-up ghost to the attic from Disneyland, not an entirely new scene. Which, Re-Dis later stated wasn't going to happen. :wave:

1FoolishMortal

Re-Dis only claimed that they were adding a new type of pop-up ghost to the attic from Disneyland, not an entirely new scene. Which, Re-Dis later stated wasn't going to happen. :wave:

No, ReDis claimed they were adding an entirely new scene. See here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2312072&postcount=1

:wave: Here's a quote that's already been posted in this thread, too:

Per request, here's a report on the pop-up ghosts in the attic scene at Haunted Mansion in Magic Kingdom. First of all, the entire scene right now is gone. The bride is being replaced, the pop-up ghosts and their mechanisms are gone... everything - gutted. The pop-ups are being replaced by new suitors who will operate at an angle so that they come towards the omnimovers before "disappearing." To compensate for the more startling appearance of these ghosts, the characters have been made made to look less frightful as they come towards you... during the day. *The rest has been removed as an afterthought due to my not wanting to reveal any new story plots*

While he does acknowledge the bride is being replaced, the rest of the scene he described is NOT the same as what debuted in DL. As I already stated, if they had built & installed these new pop-ups, then removed them, tweaked them, installed them again, then decided to rip them out and put in the effects found in DL, I'd be VERY surprised if they did that all in 3 months.

You have managed to completely misrepresent what ReDis has already explained in detail. You have simply stated an opinion. Case not closed.

I didn't state any opinions. It is a fact that they only had 3 months to install everything. It is a fact that they had a horrendous construction schedule to work with; anyone who's been on the attraction and seen all the work they did will wonder how the heck they managed to do it all in 3 months. ReDis reported the new attic in June, which leads someone to believe it was originally planned to be installed then. And then, a month later...whoops! Plans folded, and he posts this:

The pop-up ghosts are now gone in the Haunted Mansion attic scene.

Now gone?? So they were installed and removed, and now they have 2 months to fabricate & install new effects they didn't plan for originally?? Uh huh....sounds very plausible to me.

And he even admits that "plans for the HM were changed during the refurb project." Hard to believe things could be done that rapidly with as tight as a schedule as they were already working with....

Oh, and all of these quotes came from page 6 of this thread, and they were all originally taken from ReDis's previous posts.

Also, since we decided to highlight ReDis in this discussion, let me reiterate that my original intention wasn't to highlight a single person. He's not the only one guilty, folks......he just happened to be the duck I shot in the flock. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom