HM rumors DEBUNKED!

Rufus T Firefly

Huh? I love this thread. And ReDis is the most interesting contributor in a long time. Especially since nobody can "debunk" him and his rumors are fascinating.:cool:

I agree with you there 100%. ReDis posts are entertaining and thought provoking. But you've agreed yourself that his posts are rumors. My point is that no one should be banned from the boards for posting rumors in the Rumors section.

When you enter this section it should be understood that what you read here should not be taken as the gospel truth.

Conversely, if you post a rumor here, you should expect to be questioned about it. (sometimes endlessly)

Tim G

Don't be twisted. I don't want ReDis banned unless or until he is proven to be posting false rumors.

And even them... So What!!!

Get real...

This is a Forum... and there's no reason for banning anyone... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

jt04

And even them... So What!!!

Get real...

This is a Forum... and there's no reason for banning anyone... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

See post #173 of this thread. Now maybe I am completely wrong but I do know the moderators will ban people for posting false rumors so your beef is with them not me. Although I do like the way they run this web site.:sohappy:

Tim G

See post #173 of this thread. Now maybe I am completely wrong but I do know the moderators will ban people for posting false rumors so your beef is with them not me. Although I do like the way they run this web site.:sohappy:
Moderators won't ban anyone for these reasons... This is a Disney Family forum...

If they would... (according to your theory) There wouldn't be many members left... :D

BTW... Steve (owner) is the only one who is able to suspend or ban users...

CBOMB

:)Suspicions confirmed........:)
Don't stop now.:D

That does it. I'm demanding a Congressional investigation looking into this matter. The fate of our nation could rely on the outcome. Where is Senator Joseph McCarthy when you really need him? I hope you folks keep weeding out the evil amoung us.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Don't be twisted. I don't want ReDis banned unless or until he is proven to be posting false rumors. Now some say it was verified that there were never any 2-sided masks but I have yet to read that post from a credible source.

I consider Steve to be very credible and his source is directly involved in the project, so is therefore ultra credible. :animwink:

Originally posted by WDWMagic on Sept. 18th:
Just some info the maybe clarify a few points that have been raised in this thread.

This comes directly from people involved in the project, who really do know what they are talking about!

- there were no plans to ever have a day and night version.
- there are no backs to the popup heads with different faces...any of them.
- the popup heads are the exact same heads that were there before the rehab. They were not even touched.

The point is, we will never know if redis is legit or not. He could be and just had bad information. He could also be someone with sour grapes who wants to rile everyone up. If it was his intention to get everyone worked up then he did a stellar job. :lol:

This is the rumors forum and its meant for discussion. Obviously we don't want people making things up just for attention or to prove a point. If that does begin to be a problem then yes we will have to ban people who invent their own rumors (or menus :p) and present them as fact. I don't see any reason right now to ban redis.

JimboJones123

Dear Lord in Heaven,

Please do not let this thread get locked, it's entertainment value to me is so very important. May you bless this thread with a long and continuing life.

-Jimbo

1FoolishMortal

I truely believe that some of these new members posting these things were actually banned members from the past coming back and trying to stir things up on the boards. Just my opinion about all of this.

Nope. My register date on the left is indeed my register date. Plus, I wouldn't be that stupid to be banned then come back and pay for a subscription to the site. :wave:

:)Suspicions confirmed........:)

I think your username describes you perfectly.:lol::lookaroun

In all seriousness, you should be ashamed. I think some people forget that they're actually offending another PERSON, not just a screen-name or online alias.

Well said. Saying it is so doesn't make it that way, and differing opinions should not result in attacks. Everyone feel free to believe what they want, and let the facts speak for themselves.:wave:

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it. :)

mickhyperion

I think we should have an UNCONFIRMED Rumors forum and a CONFIRMED Rumors forum. You would think that merely calling a section Rumors would be enough to convey the concept of unconfirmed hearsay, but obviously it does not. So, blatantly label the two areas so no one can and demand ("Source!") or accuse ("Liar!") and the rest of us who enjoy reading and discussing the unconfirmed rumors can do so in peace from now on. My guess is 99% of the rumors would end up in the unconfirmed section, while pretty much only the items mentioned in Disney press releases would land in the confirmed section and those who would rather complain than dream can sit around bored in there.

Half of the fun is imagining the possibilities, isn't it?

jt04

So to add some fuel to the fire...

Have you not read ANY of Lee's post? :lookaroun

Yep. And Lee said that he is going to "persuade" :eek::fork: some insiders to tell him if the actual 2-sided masks ever existed when he goes to the Epcot 25th party. Have YOU read any of Lee's posts????:rolleyes:

Eeyore

Premium Member
Yep. And Lee said that he is going to "persuade" :eek::fork: some insiders to tell him if the actual 2-sided masks ever existed when he goes to the Epcot 25th party. Have YOU read any of Lee's posts????:rolleyes:

WDWMagic's inside sources have said that they are not now and never have been two sided.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
In all seriousness, you should be ashamed. I think some people forget that they're actually offending another PERSON, not just a screen-name or online alias.

If these comments offend you then you are to be congratulated on being able to live a life free from the more rhobust elements in society.

After careful reflection and much soul searching, nope I can feel no sympathy for someone so keen to put other posters in discomfort, then cry like a two year old when their own motives are questioned.

The thing is even when a rumour is true, when something is built or modified the usual suspects will no doubt still proclaim it is not up to much.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think we should have an UNCONFIRMED Rumors forum and a CONFIRMED Rumors forum. You would think that merely calling a section Rumors would be enough to convey the concept of unconfirmed hearsay, but obviously it does not. So, blatantly label the two areas so no one can and demand ("Source!") or accuse ("Liar!") and the rest of us who enjoy reading and discussing the unconfirmed rumors can do so in peace from now on. My guess is 99% of the rumors would end up in the unconfirmed section, while pretty much only the items mentioned in Disney press releases would land in the confirmed section and those who would rather complain than dream can sit around bored in there.

Half of the fun is imagining the possibilities, isn't it?

What exactly is the difference between a CONFIRMED rumor vs. an UNCONFIRMED rumor.

A rumor is, by its very definition, unconfirmed.

jt04

WDWMagic's inside sources have said that they are not now and never have been two sided.

Because they were never actually completely installed. The question is whether they were created with the intent to install them for a scarrier nighttime version.

Those inside sources have not undergone in-person "questioning" yet:zipit::fork:

Of course a true insider could just post here so we all know if ReDis is the real deal or not.:confused:

Eeyore

Premium Member
What exactly is the difference between a CONFIRMED rumor vs. an UNCONFIRMED rumor.

A rumor is, by its very definition, unconfirmed.

I was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't a confirmed rumor be a fact? :lol:

I don't think its really feasable to split the rumors section up. Just take what you read on the rumors board with a grain of salt.

Things that appear on the WDWMagic main page have been confirmed by either multiple sources or by one of Steve's concrete inside sources. Obviously there can be changes to the things posted there as many of them are still considered rumors, but the news and rumors updates on the main page would be the closest to "confirmed rumors".

1FoolishMortal

After careful reflection and much soul searching, nope I can feel no sympathy for someone so keen to put other posters in discomfort, then cry like a two year old when their own motives are questioned.

Put other posters in discomfort??? :confused: You're making me sound like a child molester. :ROFLOL:

The only reason I was kicking back is because I was bashed into a hole in the first place. I'm not gonna let someone else's agenda ruin my chance to post my own opinions on the matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom