HM rumors DEBUNKED!

Sir_Cliff

And yet, people keep defending those who have been proven & proven wrong again. I'm not just talking about ReDis, either. It's a number of users here. It's baffling, really... :veryconfu

Yes, it's quite fascinating for an infrequent visitor like me too!

Someone popped up with rumours that always sounded quite dodgy to me (for example, as an earlier poster mentioned, the whole day/night issue has already been proposed and found too logistically difficult on other attractions), an attraction like HM opens and it turns out their information was wrong, the timetable doesn't gell with their rumours, and other longtime sources say the 'absent' additions were never seriously considered, yet people still insist that the person spreading the original rumours is credible and attack those who point out the fact they were wrong. An interesting example of human psychology: the will to believe against all reason is often very strong!

jt04

Someone popped up with rumours that always sounded quite dodgy to me (for example, as an earlier poster mentioned, the whole day/night issue has already been proposed and found too logistically difficult on other attractions), an attraction like HM opens and it turns out their information was wrong, the timetable doesn't gell with their rumours, and other longtime sources say the 'absent' additions were never seriously considered, yet people still insist that the person spreading the original rumours is credible and attack those who point out the fact they were wrong. An interesting example of human psychology: the will to believe against all reason is often very strong!

With all respect you are wrong. All "longtime sources" have been unattributed and of second hand nature. Which is why Lee is going to ask around next week and see what he can find out. I will say it again, ReDis has yet to be debunked. That is a fact not a rumor.

1FoolishMortal

Mmmmmmmmmm perhaps I have taken these commments out of context.

Yes, you did take the first one out of context, thank you. In that post, I was referring to one of my previous posts where all I was listing were simple known facts and logically putting them together. Please don't twist my words against me and alter their original meaning.

As for the 2nd example, while I mentioned ReDis in my original post way back in this thread, if you would've kindly read the post, you would've seen that I stated I wasn't singling him out....I was referring to a number of posters on these boards. Another poster (and only because ReDis' name was in my post) assumed that's who I was referring to and fired back at me. Since the general consensus decided to use ReDis as an example, that's who I went with. Not my fault that someone else decided to assume that about my original post.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. :)

Sir_Cliff

With all respect you are wrong. All "longtime sources" have been unattributed and of second hand nature. Which is why Lee is going to ask around next week and see what he can find out. I will say it again, ReDis has yet to be debunked. That is a fact not a rumor.

Perhaps, but again you're highlighting one of many factors that suggest he's not reliable (particularly the fact that what he said was happening didn't happen) and saying that it's still not 100% confirmed so all bets are off. People produce posts that highlight incorrect information and they get mocked! ReDis made a big show of letting his record speak for itself, so I don't know why people are so defensive of his/her information when it turns out to be incorrect, particularly when a lot of it sounded fishy to begin with.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. :)

Nope, you're definitely not!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If we followed that logic, then wouldn't you be unreliable, too? Not to mention everyone would be unreliable...

Ahhh but thats what makes this site special, it has the full spectrum of posters from techno buffs like Marni, to insiders like ludwig and even room for people like me to post what ever a previous post inspires.

You can choose to believe or not, to read a post or not, we all have opinions, they are like holes, its just not cricket when someone tries to rub theirs in your fizog.
Remember trust no one
:lookaroun:lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
Yep. And Lee said that he is going to "persuade" :eek::fork: some insiders to tell him if the actual 2-sided masks ever existed when he goes to the Epcot 25th party. Have YOU read any of Lee's posts????:rolleyes:

I have been told straight out by people on the ground that the heads were not changed, and that no 2 sided heads were installed.
That is in direct contradiction to ReDis' statement in post 10 of this thread:
The 2-faced pop-up ghosts were moved to the graveyard and were used to replace the old pop-ups (most of which were scrapped).

True, I hope to get "in person" confirmation, but I am pretty much convinced already. I actually hope to get complete confirmation that the second version of the show was never part of the refurb plan.

jt04

:(
I have been told straight out by people on the ground that the heads were not changed, and that no 2 sided heads were installed.
That is in direct contradiction to ReDis' statement in post 10 of this thread:

True, I hope to get "in person" confirmation, but I am pretty much convinced already. I actually hope to get complete confirmation that the second version of the show was never part of the refurb plan.

Excellent! Sounds like the jury on ReDis will be back soon. Can't wait. Thanks

CBOMB

Is it OK to say hole and fizog? :lookaroun
Perfectly OK! I think I would much rather be called an hole than be accused of intentionaly lying.

The most reliable posters on here are not going to be 100% correct, 100% of the time. Do you really want to accuse somebody of lying when they're not right. This kind of attitude will only discourage people from posting a rumor that they believe could be a fact. This thread was started for the sole purpose of trying to discredit a person on what they said about the HM refurb. I think it's perfectly fine to question a person's knowledge on a subject, but when you start questioning their integrity you've stepped over the line. My suggestion is, if you think a person is not creditable put them on your ignore list. That way you will not be offended. Just allow us gullible people to go on being duped. That way we can all go on being happy.

Lee

Adventurer
Excellent! Sounds like the jury on ReDis will be back soon. Can't wait. Thanks

In my opinion the jury has pretty much called it with my first statement in my last post.
I guess you could say his case is on appeal, but not looking great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom