HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Aramar

That’s the Paris one isn’t it, seems noticeably smaller. I used GOG specifically but I may have completely messed up using the measurement tool
The one in California has basically the same size than Paris:

california.png

May also need to consider the back of house behind the ride and the toilet building
Including those 2 buildings from Paris which are not present in California, the space is roughly 4600 sq meters, so still plenty of extra room available.

I got carried away and also measured Tokyo's, which has a larger garden and takes about 4800 sq meters.

tokyo.png

Supersnow84

The one in California has basically the same size than Paris:

View attachment 808988

Including those 2 buildings from Paris which are not present in California, the space is roughly 4600 sq meters, so still plenty of extra room available.

I got carried away and also measured Tokyo's, which has a larger garden and takes about 4800 sq meters.

View attachment 808989
Sorry that was my bad then, I did it myself but must have misread it because somehow I got GOG alone being twice the size of the HK quadrant, not half the size

Supersnow84

View attachment 808238

So is this leaked layout for the Spiderman-TOT what we are getting ? This plan was leaked in 2021...

(source : https://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t56215p100-stark-expo-hong-kong-disneyland-2019-2023)
Just returning to this, if the announcement is any indication then there will be a restaurant, a shop and 1/2 rides (I’m assuming 1 given the offical HK twitter posted 1

This layout has two problems in my eyes.

1) the guest facing area (the right half) doesn’t have room for a restaurant (even a quick service) assuming that the shopping is just the gift shop inside the ride like the other towers. Though I will say when they originally announced the small world expansion they did mention dining as well but that ended up being a permanent ice cream stand which would fit here

2) the cast only area on the other side connects to nothing, just beyond the boundaries of the drawn path there is the railroad maintenance track and behind that is a pseudo expansion pad. That’s a lot of space to waste on a cast only area that’s a functional dead end

Supersnow84

They might be able to buy as far as I’m aware I don’t even know if the part considers that area an expansion pad, you are getting close to both the back of space and to the unmovable cast only areas at the back of the park

It would be awkward to put something there as they’d either have to rip the stage down opening up Tomorrowland to know it easily accessible or it would have to have a somewhat access point from the parade route near small world

lazyboy97o

View attachment 809128
Could they potentially move the maintenance track to be able to access the whole area north of Tomorrowland and Space Mountain?
That’s a pretty tight turn you’ve drawn. You’d also change the direction of the trains somewhere, whether it’s in the shed or on the circuit, which comes with its own set of required changes. If you’re doing that much changing it might be worth it to just move the shed.

They might be able to buy as far as I’m aware I don’t even know if the part considers that area an expansion pad, you are getting close to both the back of space and to the unmovable cast only areas at the back of the park
Back of house facilities get relocated displaced with some regularity. Why are they unmovable at Hong Kong Disneyland?

Supersnow84

That’s a pretty tight turn you’ve drawn. You’d also change the direction of the trains somewhere, whether it’s in the shed or on the circuit, which comes with its own set of required changes. If you’re doing that much changing it might be worth it to just move the shed.

Back of house facilities get relocated displaced with some regularity. Why are they unmovable at Hong Kong Disneyland?
Back of house facilities get moved but there is in general some that are genuinely unmovable or difficult to move

The area north of small world or west of space is the central core of HK’s backstage with the backstage base, HR and the training facilities for the park present

The park doesn’t really own the space to move that offsite, the only real land that can fit those offsite locations is the 4th hotel slot

They could maybe move some of them to the area south of the pavilion but there is limits

It’s also why they can’t build north of current magic limits, because in general they can’t/wont move westclock

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Spitballing but something like this could be better (in blue). But would It be worth doing for a comparatively small gain. Unless they went all in and bridged the existing track with a show building more like what was originally planned to make it worth while

IMG_0109.jpeg

Supersnow84

Spitballing but something like this could be better (in blue). But would It be worth doing for a comparatively small gain. Unless they went all in and bridged the existing track with a show building more like what was originally planned to make it worth while

View attachment 809212
Did they even plan to bridge the track with the quinjet building

I specifically thought they were designing it to fit the odd quadrangle shape

infloencer

Well you could obviously make the turn bigger which would still lead to more accessible land nonetheless. And I really don’t think turning around three trains is nearly as costly as building a completely new shed and destructing the old one.

Supersnow84

I hope we get some concrete plans

Doesn’t HK law indicate that these plans have to be released to the public or would the original plans just saying “marvel ride 2023” on the autopia plot still function for this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom