HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

DisneyDean97

Since this isn't going to take up the whole plot of plan like outlined earlier... could the rest of that space be used for a future Fantasyland expansion? A small dark ride perhaps?

BrianLo

I think just visually the attraction goes into the squared off portion and the triangular wedge behind space mountain is the retail and dining courtyard. They wouldn’t want the tower directly behind Space.

Since this isn't going to take up the whole plot of plan like outlined earlier... could the rest of that space be used for a future Fantasyland expansion? A small dark ride perhaps?

There’s still quite a few expansion pads. I’d imagine adjacent to TSPL/Frozen and then East of Grizzly Gulch are higher on their radar. Kind of depends on the size of the subsequent project.

Supersnow84

I think just visually the attraction goes into the squared off portion and the triangular wedge behind space mountain is the retail and dining courtyard. They wouldn’t want the tower directly behind Space.

There’s still quite a few expansion pads. I’d imagine adjacent to TSPL/Frozen and then East of Grizzly Gulch are higher on their radar. Kind of depends on the size of the subsequent project.
If they used the part behind space for retail and dining the expansion here would actually be decently large, that would almost double the walkable footprint of Tomorrowland

Untitled-Man

If they used the part behind space for retail and dining the expansion here would actually be decently large, that would almost double the walkable footprint of Tomorrowland
How many restaurants and shops does tomorrow land need? It already has 2 restaurants and 3 merch stores. There can’t possible be that many things for them to sell. The 3 stores are already selling the same Star Wars and marvel items I don’t think it needs a 4th store and a 3rd restaurant. And Hong Kong Disneyland I feel already has too many restaurants and some are almost always closed.

Supersnow84

How many restaurants and shops does tomorrow land need? It already has 2 restaurants and 3 merch stores. There can’t possible be that many things for them to sell. The 3 stores are already selling the same Star Wars and marvel items I don’t think it needs a 4th store and a 3rd restaurant. And Hong Kong Disneyland I feel already has too many restaurants and some are almost always closed.
I was more commenting on the actual walkable space in the area, Tomorrowland is rather cramped in its current form

I share your problem with selling the same merch but I don’t think that’s necessarily a number of stores problem that’s more a merch distribution problem, if HK could widen its merch selection they could likely absorb that with the number of stores they have. Shops are massive people eaters as long as you have the merch distribution to make people regularly shop at different stores rather than having your entire stock available at emporium

As for food the north side of the park lacks a FSFB but otherwise I agree HK has enough restaurants, I’m still thinking this is probably just a popcorn cart or something of that style

It’ll all depend on how much of the two halves of that quadrant they actually use

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom