HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

jmuboy

As a side note - Spider-Man TOT is another ride outside the train tracks. Crazy how much of this park now expands beyond the train boundary. Interesting how the park developed that way

jmuboy

Final thought - I wonder if this ride will have a modern skyscraper aesthetic to blend with TL and the HK area in general ( famous for its eye catching skyscrapers )

Untitled-Man

View attachment 808238

So is this leaked layout for the Spiderman-TOT what we are getting ? This plan was leaked in 2021...

(source : https://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t56215p100-stark-expo-hong-kong-disneyland-2019-2023)
This looks like a very inefficient way to use the space… the footprint is small but the way they position it means there isn’t space for another ride.. also it’s shoved into a small corner so it’s hard to be discovered like the Ironman entrance

TimeDuck

Hong Kong got a real update tho cos the original quinjet is not confirmed dead and the rumored multiverse ride is only in DCA. The spider man tower of terror is a new info, although I’ve heard people speculating a TOT was coming to Tomorrowland.

But tbh I don’t really care about marvel but I love spider man especially the OG Tobey McGuire spider man so I hope he’ll be in it or at least voice it.
Unfortunately I can assure you that Tobey Maguire will have nothing to do with this attraction.

It'll either be voiced by Tom Holland or the sound-alike actor they use for him at the DCA stunt shows.

Supersnow84

This looks like a very inefficient way to use the space… the footprint is small but the way they position it means there isn’t space for another ride.. also it’s shoved into a small corner so it’s hard to be discovered like the Ironman entrance
To be fair that quadrant is hemmed in on all sides. It’s bordered to the west by the Disneyland railroad service track, to the north by the service road then the protected MTR corridor, to the east by the iron man experience and to the south by the rest of the park. The ride is always going to exist in a “dead end” so to speak as there is almost no other room in that area. If they wanted to use the other half of the old autopia plot on the other side of the Disneyland railroad service track that’s better accessed from space traders although there is barely enough space there to justify having to deal with the space mountain sightlines

I can see them potentially knocking down the Tomorrowland stage so you can walk right up to the TOT from the central plaza or around the back from iron man but the arrangement doesn’t really matter because you are only ever getting one ride in this awkward plot of land

IMDREW

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 14.29.04.png

From HKMS Gazette blogspot. Marvel-themed extension area, which will include rideSSS. So Spidey Tower AND another ride?

MagicHK

Final thought - I wonder if this ride will have a modern skyscraper aesthetic to blend with TL and the HK area in general ( famous for its eye catching skyscrapers )
Modern skyscraper would fit and sound more attractive outside of Hong Kong. I believe one of the reasons people from Hong Kong visit the park is to escape from the curtain wall jungle. It would be interesting to find out what kind of theme the imagineer would select for the facade of the lift tower tho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom