HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

DisneyDean97

Since this isn't going to take up the whole plot of plan like outlined earlier... could the rest of that space be used for a future Fantasyland expansion? A small dark ride perhaps?

BrianLo

I think just visually the attraction goes into the squared off portion and the triangular wedge behind space mountain is the retail and dining courtyard. They wouldn’t want the tower directly behind Space.

Since this isn't going to take up the whole plot of plan like outlined earlier... could the rest of that space be used for a future Fantasyland expansion? A small dark ride perhaps?

There’s still quite a few expansion pads. I’d imagine adjacent to TSPL/Frozen and then East of Grizzly Gulch are higher on their radar. Kind of depends on the size of the subsequent project.

Supersnow84

I think just visually the attraction goes into the squared off portion and the triangular wedge behind space mountain is the retail and dining courtyard. They wouldn’t want the tower directly behind Space.

There’s still quite a few expansion pads. I’d imagine adjacent to TSPL/Frozen and then East of Grizzly Gulch are higher on their radar. Kind of depends on the size of the subsequent project.
If they used the part behind space for retail and dining the expansion here would actually be decently large, that would almost double the walkable footprint of Tomorrowland

Untitled-Man

If they used the part behind space for retail and dining the expansion here would actually be decently large, that would almost double the walkable footprint of Tomorrowland
How many restaurants and shops does tomorrow land need? It already has 2 restaurants and 3 merch stores. There can’t possible be that many things for them to sell. The 3 stores are already selling the same Star Wars and marvel items I don’t think it needs a 4th store and a 3rd restaurant. And Hong Kong Disneyland I feel already has too many restaurants and some are almost always closed.

Supersnow84

How many restaurants and shops does tomorrow land need? It already has 2 restaurants and 3 merch stores. There can’t possible be that many things for them to sell. The 3 stores are already selling the same Star Wars and marvel items I don’t think it needs a 4th store and a 3rd restaurant. And Hong Kong Disneyland I feel already has too many restaurants and some are almost always closed.
I was more commenting on the actual walkable space in the area, Tomorrowland is rather cramped in its current form

I share your problem with selling the same merch but I don’t think that’s necessarily a number of stores problem that’s more a merch distribution problem, if HK could widen its merch selection they could likely absorb that with the number of stores they have. Shops are massive people eaters as long as you have the merch distribution to make people regularly shop at different stores rather than having your entire stock available at emporium

As for food the north side of the park lacks a FSFB but otherwise I agree HK has enough restaurants, I’m still thinking this is probably just a popcorn cart or something of that style

It’ll all depend on how much of the two halves of that quadrant they actually use

IMDREW

Very excited to see what the new tower will look like. It should have such a different look from the others. Maybe the Quinjet parked on a platform on top of the dark ride area. I expect a large A on the side. It's just such a huge building for HKDL standards.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Where did you see that? In person?
Latest google earth :

IMG_0115.jpeg

taken by me last October :

IMG_6343.jpeg

Again just an observation.

Last edited:

Supersnow84

They both need a 4th hotel and need more to draw people to the park more than they need a 4th hotel so this is interesting

A hotel wouldn’t be announced at D23 anyway so it’s not off the table, Shanghai is getting a new hotel zone and it wasn’t announced

Still I’m of the mind it might just be the offsite prep since arendelle’s offsite prep was where marvel is going now

Supersnow84

Is the COVID quarantine facility still there? And does anyone know if it is here to stay or are there plans to remove it? Is it even needed anymore? Still hoping for a second gate…
As far as I know the physical buildings are still there but it’s more a placeholder than anything

In 2021 the contract Disney had with LegCo for exclusive rights to the second gate land expired however there is older documents concerning the wider master planing of penny’s bay (so including the road system in the area, the Disneyland resort MTR line and inspiration lake) that strongly limits what can be built on that land and anything that does qualify is never going to agree anyway because they’d be at a massive disadvantage being next to Disney (things that could go there include basically government buildings which won’t happen because penny’s bay is too far out and the Disneyland MTR isn’t through running or limited recreation facilities such as a zoo or an aquarium or some form of botanical gardens, all who would massively suffer trying to compete with Disney)

So the land is still basically Disney’s even though they don’t have exclusive rights to it, it just means LegCo can sell it for more money later

IMDREW

I am looking at the calendar and it looks like the first 2 weeks of September Follow Your Dreams is the only show being performed? Is that right?

mikeyv

They might just not have updated the calendar yet for the shows. I know that the Festival of the Lion King will stop on 1st of September to prepare for Let's Get Wicked, but don't know how long that will be for. The AP Halloween night events are on 13th and 14th of September, but I don't know if Let's Get Wicked will start earlier than that. I wouldn't think all three shows would be closed at the same time.

Also, for the person who asked about the Mystic Manor scaffold, the manor was still covered as of last Wednesday.

mikeyv

The Halloween event at the park this year will run from 13th September to 31st October.

The line-up is pretty much the same as last year:
Let's Get Wicked
House of De-Vil
Halloween Parade with Mickey & Friends and Duffy & Friends in Halloween costumes
Nightmare Before Christmas theme show in the River View Cafe
*For the first time heroes and villains will appear together: Snow White & Evil Queen, Queen of Hearts & Alice, Thor & Loki and Aurora and Maleficent, and maybe more for meet and greets.

Supersnow84

I don’t believe they are allowed go build one because ocean park has one and LegCo controls what each park can build so that they have diverse offerings

It’s why the Scandinavian port idea for the original expansion that becomes mystic point/GG/TSL got knocked back, because ocean park already has an arctic themed zone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom