HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

MagicHK

The perspective view of the Lion King ride for Paris resembles the Pirate land rendering once for Hong Kong. Perfect fit for the expansion parcel for Hong Kong near the lion king theatre to create a mega Lion Ling themed land.

Attachments

• IMG_9297.jpeg
    IMG_9297.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9298.jpeg
    IMG_9298.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9299.png
    IMG_9299.png
    572.9 KB · Views: 44

Supersnow84

Tbh I’m kinda disappointed in the showings for the Asian parks

Tokyo got nothing (not that I expected it to witj fantasy springs)

Shanghai got confirmation of a coaster we already knew was coming

Hong Kong got updated concept art (that we are guessing a ride system on) for a ride that’s like 4 years behind schedule

The showings for the stateside parks were mammoth and I know they don’t have limitless money but it seems so little

Untitled-Man

Tbh I’m kinda disappointed in the showings for the Asian parks

Tokyo got nothing (not that I expected it to witj fantasy springs)

Shanghai got confirmation of a coaster we already knew was coming

Hong Kong got updated concept art (that we are guessing a ride system on) for a ride that’s like 4 years behind schedule

The showings for the stateside parks were mammoth and I know they don’t have limitless money but it seems so little
Hong Kong got a real update tho cos the original quinjet is not confirmed dead and the rumored multiverse ride is only in DCA. The spider man tower of terror is a new info, although I’ve heard people speculating a TOT was coming to Tomorrowland.

But tbh I don’t really care about marvel but I love spider man especially the OG Tobey McGuire spider man so I hope he’ll be in it or at least voice it.

Gusey

As the Asian parks aren't owned completely by Disney, they don't often get the love at D23 (In fact this is the first time Disneyland Paris got some love). At least we have confirmation of the Marvel attraction from Disney themselves. With how much they were going over, I was beginning to fear we'd hear nothing :)

Untitled-Man

I wonder if they will have extra budget given that this spiderman TOT should be costing less than quinjet or DCA's E-ticket.
I’m sure they do. They built multiple rides and a whole new frozen land and they all cost roughly half of the allocated budget. There’s no way this tower of terror ride would use up the other half.

But I wonder what ride they’re gonna put in the remaining part of the empty plot of land. Sounds like it wouldn’t be an E ticket.

Supersnow84

Hong Kong got a real update tho cos the original quinjet is not confirmed dead and the rumored multiverse ride is only in DCA. The spider man tower of terror is a new info, although I’ve heard people speculating a TOT was coming to Tomorrowland.

But tbh I don’t really care about marvel but I love spider man especially the OG Tobey McGuire spider man so I hope he’ll be in it or at least voice it.
Eh it’s something but updated concept art for a ride that was paid for 8 years ago doesn’t constitute much in my eyes, especially when since this won’t cost 5 billion HKD we still have no idea what they will do with the rest of the money/the other reimagining before we even consider actual future expansion

I know Covid messed a lot up but still being tethered to expansion plans from 2016 gets a bit tiring after a while

Gusey

Eh it’s something but updated concept art for a ride that was paid for 8 years ago doesn’t constitute much in my eyes, especially when since this won’t cost 5 billion HKD we still have no idea what they will do with the rest of the money/the other reimagining before we even consider actual future expansion

I know Covid messed a lot up but still being tethered to expansion plans from 2016 gets a bit tiring after a while
I think the rest of the money is going to the reimagining project, as that is a new announcement

Supersnow84

It’s just odd they didn’t announce this. If they were doing a big reimagining that used around half the total funds remaining (so like 2 billion HKD) they could have paired this big reimagining with the TOT announcement and basically sold it as a new expansion even if it’s just spending money that was allocated to an old expansion

But as it stands we now have no timeframe on when the reimagining will be announced

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom