Heroes

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I'll take the Nikki/Jessica combo over the changling. :slurp:

So...anyone think Nathan is power hungry and will actually fight on Linderman's side to ensure he gets in the White House?

Oh, I think that Nathan is power hungry but you did see him with a heart in this past episode. I think he'll do everything in his power to get into the White House...but then go against Linderman and work for the good of the people.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I'll take the Nikki/Jessica combo over the changling. :slurp:

I think the next Hero will be the girl from the RGX commercials...she has some kind of special ability because I know I'm glued to the TV when that commercial comes on.

lunalovegoddess

I'm actually still wondering if Linderman is the father of Nathan and Peter.

Obviously this stuff is genetic...and Linderman has a gift...and we're pretty sure that their mother has a gift.

Linderman has to be the father of someone and it would really tie things all together if Linderman was also the grandfather of Claire.

Also, wouldn't it be cool if Hiro's from all different times came back to the same time to prevent the bomb? (Sort of like MultipleMan).

I've been reading the online graphic novel... which states that Linderman and Petrelli, Sr. served in Vietnam together, and shows little Nathan playing with his airplane during Linderman's first visit. :) So, nope; Linderman, you are not the father...

However, if Linderman is the father of Meredith (the pyrotechnic), then he could be Claire's grandfather. I've been joking with Bryan for months about Linderman's Mendelian tendencies... that maybe he's secretly breeding evolved humans to take over the world. What are the odds that he purposefully paired Meredith with Nathan, just like Niki/Jessica was paired with him? Isn't it odd that both DL and Niki have powers? That they produced Micah?

I like the way you think, regarding Hiros... I kept wondering if there was a paradox that would rip the fabric of the space-time continuum if both Hiros met.

My personal theory is that in Five Years Gone, we find out that Sylar killed Ted and Candace, thus gaining the abilities of nuclear power and of illusion. Sylar then impersonated Peter in order to get close enough to kill Claire. Peter's visions of fighting himself, of causing the explosion, might actually be about Sylar in disguise. If Sylar frames Peter for her death and the explosion, then a newly-elected Nathan would be forced to hunt down his own brother.
To mess with your minds, I'll go one further...

What if Sylar later impersonates Nathan and takes over his political career? What a tempting target Nathan Petrelli would be! *yum*

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I've been reading the online graphic novel... which states that Linderman and Petrelli, Sr. served in Vietnam together, and shows little Nathan playing with his airplane during Linderman's first visit. :) So, nope; Linderman, you are not the father...

However, if Linderman is the father of Meredith (the pyrotechnic), then he could be Claire's grandfather. I've been joking with Bryan for months about Linderman's Mendelian tendencies... that maybe he's secretly breeding evolved humans to take over the world. What are the odds that he purposefully paired Meredith with Nathan, just like Niki/Jessica was paired with him? Isn't it odd that both DL and Niki have powers? That they produced Micah?

I like the way you think, regarding Hiros... I kept wondering if there was a paradox that would rip the fabric of the space-time continuum if both Hiros met.

My personal theory is that in Five Years Gone, we find out that Sylar killed Ted and Candace, thus gaining the abilities of nuclear power and of illusion. Sylar then impersonated Peter in order to get close enough to kill Claire. Peter's visions of fighting himself, of causing the explosion, might actually be about Sylar in disguise. If Sylar frames Peter for her death and the explosion, then a newly-elected Nathan would be forced to hunt down his own brother.
To mess with your minds, I'll go one further...

What if Sylar later impersonates Nathan and takes over his political career? What a tempting target Nathan Petrelli would be! *yum*

They do have 3D now and it's pretty good...do you think there's a way to do a "4D" and have you be a part of the show? I know that I wouldn't mind having Sylar's ability and taking over Candice's body :lookaroun

Anywho...you just have me salivating at the thought of where this show may go!

lunalovegoddess

Out of curiosity, what do you think about Claire going to Paris? It might keep her safe from Sylar, but so far she is the only one who could approach an exploding man and live through it. If she is dead or in Paris, then Hiro hasn't stopped the explosion.

On Mendelian genetics:
Mama Petrelli is interesting. I wonder what her power is. Even if her husband did not carry the super-gene, there is at least a 25% chance that her children would express superpowers, and a 50% chance that they would be carriers. If Papa Petrelli was a carrier, though, the likelihood of both boys having powers is much higher.
(Example: Nathan's sons carry the recessive super-gene, so to all appearances, they are normal. However, Claire and Micah both have two supergene parents, so it's pretty much a given that their genes manifest.)

Food for thought.

lunalovegoddess

They do have 3D now and it's pretty good...do you think there's a way to do a "4D" and have you be a part of the show? I know that I wouldn't mind having Sylar's ability and taking over Candice's body :lookaroun

Anywho...you just have me salivating at the thought of where this show may go!

Mmm... fourth dimension is time and fifth is space, as I recall. Maybe you're referring to breaking down the fourth wall, as in characters speaking directly to the camera. Geek Pride! :D

As for Candace's ability... If you had that ability, I think I'd fear for ladies locker rooms everywhere. You'd really be able to go where no man, save transvestites, have gone before...

Luna ~I'm a gutterpirate~ Lovegoddess

Number_6

Mmm... fourth dimension is time and fifth is space, as I recall. Maybe you're referring to breaking down the fourth wall, as in characters speaking directly to the camera. Geek Pride! :D

More likely it's a reference to the Muppet-Vision over at Disney/MGM Studios. It used to be called "4D" because of the in theater elements added to the 3D movie. ;) :kiss:

Shaman

Out of curiosity, what do you think about Claire going to Paris? It might keep her safe from Sylar, but so far she is the only one who could approach an exploding man and live through it. If she is dead or in Paris, then Hiro hasn't stopped the explosion.

On Mendelian genetics:
Mama Petrelli is interesting. I wonder what her power is. Even if her husband did not carry the super-gene, there is at least a 25% chance that her children would express superpowers, and a 50% chance that they would be carriers. If Papa Petrelli was a carrier, though, the likelihood of both boys having powers is much higher.
(Example: Nathan's sons carry the recessive super-gene, so to all appearances, they are normal. However, Claire and Micah both have two supergene parents, so it's pretty much a given that their genes manifest.)

Food for thought.

How 'bout Nathan's wife? You think she has a dormant power? Did Linderman or Mama hook them up for a reason? Doesn't Nathan have kids with his wife?

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
How 'bout Nathan's wife? You think she has a dormant power? Did Linderman or Mama hook them up for a reason? Doesn't Nathan have kids with his wife?

I completely forgot about her! She just kinda vanished from the show... Ya know...it's usually characters like this (around a lot in the beginning and slowly faded out) that come back in the end as a major player for a "shocking" scene.

Tigggrl

Sylar:
If all I have to do is look at him, Love him....
If I have to watch his character in action? Hate him.....
(seeing the actor rescue a dog from the pound....Love Him!...LOL!)

tr1plese7en

I can barely keep up with all the storylines they've got going. Definitely in a good way though. My highlight of the week was probably Syler vs. Peter Part 2. It started to look like it was going to be Iceman vs. Human Torch when their hands started glowing.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I can barely keep up with all the storylines they've got going. Definitely in a good way though. My highlight of the week was probably Syler vs. Peter Part 2. It started to look like it was going to be Iceman vs. Human Torch when their hands started glowing.

My favorite episode to date.

I thought the nicest touch of the entire episode was when they were in Isaac's apartment with the "timeline" of all the characters...and Mohinder simply cut Sylar's line...and they all dropped. It was a cool way to show that it's all revolving around him.

So...let's see...am I missing anyone?

In the future...the following characters are dead.
Candice (Sylar changed into Nathan)
Nathan (Sylar flew)
Ted (Sylar was using Ted's EMP energy in the fight against Peter)
Micah (Nikki and Peter were talking about Micah being gone)
Ando (Peter told him in the future)
DL (Sylar used his powers to walk through the wall)

Have I missed anyone?

This future episode was really cool...its making me feel the way I did when I heard the prequels to Star Wars were coming out...HOW ARE THEY GOING TO LINK?!?!!?

Shaman

So if Peter can heal himself (like Claire)...um...why the scar? :lookaroun

I think the actors behind Peter and Hiro over act a bit (especially Pete)...the whole ed off, powerful, no-one is going to get in my way, darkness...is too much, after like the first scene of it. That being said, the "battle" scenes at the end were really good. It reminded me of the lobby scene in "The Matrix".

Very cool episode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom