Heroes

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
So if Peter can heal himself (like Claire)...um...why the scar? :lookaroun

I think the actors behind Peter and Hiro over act a bit (especially Pete)...the whole ed off, powerful, no-one is going to get in my way, darkness...is too much, after like the first scene of it. That being said, the "battle" scenes at the end were really good. It reminded me of the lobby scene in "The Matrix".

Very cool episode.

Peter uses his powers when he wants. Claire doesn't seem to have any control over her powers so she automatically heals...whereas Peter can use other heroes' powers when/where he wants to. Maybe it's a scar that he wants to have as a reminder of something. I will agree with you on Peter's acting...it definitely is a little "much." (But it's only in this episode...when he was learning the powers, I thought he did an excellent job)

I love how the actor of Hiro can play two completely different characters. The future Hiro is so dark and emotionless and the "Current-day" Hiro is still jittery, nerdy, and just wants to do "right."

Shaman

I love how the actor of Hiro can play two completely different characters. The future Hiro is so dark and emotionless and the "Current-day" Hiro is still jittery, nerdy, and just wants to do "right."

Killing Sylar will def change him....if he is successful that is....

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Ya know...they could just continue in the future until the end of the season and have season 2 be about the 5 year gap :lol:

Shaman

Ya know...they could just continue in the future until the end of the season and have season 2 be about the 5 year gap :lol:

Actually...I really liked the conflict present after the five years, there seem to be more to work with (story wise). But I figure we'll never see things get THAT bad....anyone heard if Heroes was picked up for another season?

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
anyone heard if Heroes was picked up for another season?

From Tim Kring himself:

Tim Kring, creator of NBC’s hit series Heroes, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming second season will constitute a new volume in the multi-volume series, with new characters and an entirely new storyline. “If you remember, the opening of the pilot pronounced the episode as the beginning of Volume One,” Kring said in an interview. “Volume One comes to a conclusion at the end of episode 23, and Volume Two starts with the opening of season two. And Volume Two is a different story.”

Kring added: “We could have new people and new storylines and new ideas and new threats and new bad guys and new heroes. So I would prepare the audience for that idea, that it’s not just a continuing serialized storyline about only these people. It’s a little more the 24 model than the Lost model.”

The first season of Heroes is exploring what happens when a disparate group of ordinary people discover they have extraordinary abilities and attempt to save New York from disaster.

“Heroes needs to evolve, and if we are positing an idea that this is happening all over the world to many, many people, then we get to see some of those people and see how their story fits in.”

Kring also confirmed that some of the current heroes just might not survive this season, but added: “Many of your favorites will live to fight again.”

Shaman

Cool. I think the "24 model" works for this show. The "Lost model" doesn't or wouldn't work for many shows out there...its tougher to write/make and I think, harder to keep the audience...many people want Lost to end, so that it won't start to seem more and more contrived. I would soooo like to see a spin-off of Lost.

I hope we see some of the Heroes from this season...next season.

This show can go on forever with that format.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
:ROFLOL:At the start of the season people were declaring that about Lost on forums all over the internet....I bet they're singing a different tune now.

:lookaroun

I would love it if there was a hero that could leap long distances and he's in a circus and he has to jump over a tank full of sharks.

lunalovegoddess

*LOL over jumping the shark tank*
I can just see that...
Micah: "Dad, Mr. ____ just jumped the shark..."
DL: *smirk* "Did they have frickin laser beams on their heads?"

lunalovegoddess

My personal theory is that in Five Years Gone, we find out that Sylar killed Ted and Candace, thus gaining the abilities of nuclear power and of illusion. Sylar then impersonated Peter in order to get close enough to kill Claire. Peter's visions of fighting himself, of causing the explosion, might actually be about Sylar in disguise. If Sylar frames Peter for her death and the explosion, then a newly-elected Nathan would be forced to hunt down his own brother.
To mess with your minds, I'll go one further...

What if Sylar later impersonates Nathan and takes over his political career? What a tempting target Nathan Petrelli would be! *yum*

*after watching episode*
Not quite like how I predicted, but very close... Wow. :eek:

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Fantastic episode last night.

Now...today I heard that Season 2 will have 24 episodes in it.

Also...a 6 episode spin-off called "Origins" will also start up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom