Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

WDWScottieBoy

DMC-12 said:
Hmmm I am not big on the "on Ice" shows.....plus.... I dont think I can sit very long in those ungodly uncomfortable chairs at the Horizion/Allstate.

If you guys want to... go ahead... :wave:

Just a thought... maybe we should do what we did last year... at Six Flags...lol during Fright Fest perhaps.... On like a Saturday during October... its always fun to make fun of that place... lol good times. And like dinner/drinks the night before.... (nothing formal... Hooters is a good time! lol) And a dinner after the day at Six Flags.... lots of choices in the Gurnee area.

...... anybody.....? :confused: :wave:

I'm really up for anything. Well most anything. I can't really seem to get my girlfriend to go to Hooters, although I love their chicken wings A LOT. Six Flags...I'll go under ONE stipulation, as long as I CAN make fun of it the whole time and protest how dumb they are and that they can't even begin to compare to Disney! :lol: Any other ideas, count me in.

What about a dinner cruise on Lake Michigan in Chicago or something. That way we've got plenty of time to meet and talk and still eat dinner with all. There are so many opportunities here, let's get something going!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
WDWScottieBoy said:
What about a dinner cruise on Lake Michigan in Chicago or something. That way we've got plenty of time to meet and talk and still eat dinner with all. There are so many opportunities here, let's get something going!

Arnt those a bit pricey... last time I checked it was like $75-$125 a plate/person... and that was a loooong time ago... a bit out of my price range. But then again, I dont know what the current rates are. :veryconfu

WDWScottieBoy

DMC-12 said:
Arnt those a bit pricey... last time I checked it was like $75-$125 a plate/person... and that was a loooong time ago... a bit out of my price range. But then again, I dont know what the current rates are. :veryconfu

I don't know prices of those, but I'm just thinking of something for us. Isn't Six Flags $50+ dollars, plus dinner and more would put the cost of that lone around the same price as the dinner cruise? I can't think of too many things around here, maybe some more that live in closer to Chicago than I do would have better ideas. I can't wait to see what everyone thinks!

DMC-12

WDWScottieBoy said:
I don't know prices of those, but I'm just thinking of something for us. Isn't Six Flags $50+ dollars, plus dinner and more would put the cost of that lone around the same price as the dinner cruise? I can't think of too many things around here, maybe some more that live in closer to Chicago than I do would have better ideas. I can't wait to see what everyone thinks!

Figure what... 20-25$ for tickets at Jewel during fright fest...

Plus think about the fact you are going to be out on THE LAKE... fall is coming... and the wind chill out there is not a fun thing to deal with...lol

Anyway... Do you really want Dave Matthews to come back around with his bus again and unload on us? LOL :lol: :lookaroun

WDWScottieBoy

Do you have any ideas or suggestions of anything else besides the Six Flags meet as it was done last time. I think something new would be nice. If not, let's get this ball rolling and start something for good.

DMC-12

WDWScottieBoy said:
Do you have any ideas or suggestions of anything else besides the Six Flags meet as it was done last time. I think something new would be nice. If not, let's get this ball rolling and start something for good.

Something new??? Dude, you wernt even there last year.... :veryconfu

Anyway....
Well... since you put it so nicely... I put the ball in your court... I dont have time to deal with this. :) Its all yours. :wave:

WDWScottieBoy

DMC-12 said:
Something new??? Dude, you wernt even there last year.... :veryconfu

Anyway....
Well... since you put it so nicely... I put the ball in your court... I dont have time to deal with this. :) Its all yours. :wave:

Six Flags would work with me, I just think we should keep the options open. Maybe there's something new in the Chicago area that people would like to try. That's why I suggested we get a poll going. I'm find with taking control of this, I just need more input and ideas. Dates, times, places etc. Again, if everyone wants to do Six Flags again that's fine since I haven't done it with the WDWMagic people. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

WDWScottieBoy

Would anyone like to help me out with this? I just need some ideas as I've never done a meet before or helped with one. Anything would be of help. Where we should do this, what price limit we should set it to, etc. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Computer Magic

This is probably too late for a Midwest Meet but a chance for an evening out and one way to contribute to the hurricane relief efforts.

CHICAGO -- The Marlins will stick around Chicago at least a few extra days.

Because of the threat of Hurricane Ivan, the Marlins will play host to the Expos at U.S. Cellular Field, home of the White Sox, on Monday and Tuesday.

Major League Baseball made its decision Friday afternoon as the Marlins were visiting the Cubs at Wrigley Field. Florida is slated for four games over three days with the Cubs before the series with the Expos begins across town.

Both Monday's and Tuesday's games will start at 1:05 p.m. CT (2:05 ET). All tickets will be general admission and cost $15, with $5 from each ticket going to hurricane relief efforts. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. ET on Saturday.

"Major League Baseball would like to thank the three clubs involved in this situation -- the Marlins, Expos and the Chicago White Sox," said Bob DuPuy, MLB President and COO. "Knowing the various logistical challenges faced by each of these clubs in moving these games on such short notice, we are very appreciative of their collective efforts under these extenuating circumstances." Joe Frisaro is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

WDWScottieBoy

That's an excellent idea, but I'm afraid it's probably way too soon to have us use that as the meet. I think a donation effort would be very good though! I'm trying as much as I can to get down there or send something to help the relief effort.

Lexxweb

Im heading out of my house right now to get ready for my WDW trip so forgive me but I didnt have time to ready every post in this thread, but just like to say Im from St. Charles IL and got to watch tom hanks film a few scenes to tht movie road to perdition!

Anywho, I live in Sarasota Florida just 2 hours from Walt Disney World!

Is anyone here from st. charles?

DMC-12

Lexxweb said:
Im from St. Charles IL and got to watch tom hanks film a few scenes to tht movie road to perdition!

Lots of Movies were shot here (city and burbs) in the just the past month or 2...

"The Weatherman" with Nicolas Cage

"Batman Begins" (I had a hell of a time getting my car out of the parking garage a few nights a week cause of the street closures..lol)

and...
"ER" was just shooting out on Wacker Drive in front of the Mart a few weeks ago.

busy busy busy... But good to see the film industry pick back up here... Canada stole a good chuck of our business... but... were getting it back. :D :sohappy:

ditzeechick02

Lexxweb said:
Im heading out of my house right now to get ready for my WDW trip so forgive me but I didnt have time to ready every post in this thread, but just like to say Im from St. Charles IL and got to watch tom hanks film a few scenes to tht movie road to perdition!

Anywho, I live in Sarasota Florida just 2 hours from Walt Disney World!

Is anyone here from st. charles?

I along with my boyfriend (WDWScottieBoy) live about 20 minutes from St. Charles. Scott lives west right off of Rt. 64. If you PM him I'm sure he can tell you more!

Lexxweb

THATS AWESOME!

Couple of questions..

1.) Is the Arcada still open?

2.) What happened to the foxfield movie theatres building?

3.) and whats going on with the st.charles mall (both the old one and the new one)

WDWScottieBoy

Lexxweb said:
THATS AWESOME!

Couple of questions..

1.) Is the Arcada still open?

2.) What happened to the foxfield movie theatres building?

3.) and whats going on with the st.charles mall (both the old one and the new one)

The Arcada on Rt. 64 (if that's the one you're thinking of) is still operating as of the last time I drove into St. Charles.

As for the Foxfiel Movies Theater, I don't even know where that was or is, sorry.

The St. Charles Mall (on Rt. 64) is still there and actually doing a little better than several years ago where only half the stores in there were open. Of course, they HAD to replace the Disney Store with Hollister and Co. Man, that STILL bugs me to this day. As for the new mall (Geneva Commons on Randall Rd) is doing very good. It has a lot of upscale stores and some just typical (mall) stores there too. It's not enclosed so you have to walk outside to get between stores and has about 5 different complexes full of stores (close to maybe 100 or so there now). There is also the Chicago Premium Outlet mall in Aurora off of I-88. It is built by the same company as the Orlando Premium Outlet mall and has a lot of really expensive stores. It's very nice there but it has caused a lot of accidents on the interstate because of ramp traffic to get to it.

WDWScottieBoy

New Show!!!

I just got a postcard in the mail yesterday for being a Disney Visa cardholder. There is a new Disney musical coming to Chicago November 30-December 12. I think this would be perfect. Tickets are anywhere from $15.50 to $79.50 and go on sale tomorrow. The show is called "Disney's On the Record." It has 64 of Disney's best known video/broadway hits put into one show.

This is what the postcard said about the show: "You're invited in to a Hollywood recording studio where a young unknown is about to get her big break, a pop diva is about to meet her match, and a matinee idol is about to meet the "new kid" who could take his place. This is the story of the session that changed their lives...the night they laid down 64 classic hits you'll never forget."

"From the movies and musicals that have become landmarks in our lives comes a score 70 years in the making, illuminating a story set in the high-tech audio wonderland of today. Don't miss the strictly limited engagement of this dazzling new theatrical event--Disney's ON THE RECORD!"

For more information, call (312) 902-1400 or at www.ticketmaster.com The show is going to be showing at Chicago's Auditorium Theatre.

Just thought this would be an excellent idea for a Chicagoland whoever else wants to join meet.

WDWScottieBoy

I bought two tickets tonight and can't wait to see it. I got two tickets for the first middle section in first balcony as they are the best seats in the house right now. Tickets were $79.50 but that works for me. We (my girlfriend and I) chose to go on December 5 to celebrate Walt's birthday during this event!

FanofDinsey1981

hey everyone, just thought I would let you know that the Magnificant Mile Parade this year is November 20th on Michigan Ave, with a great fireworks display to follow. Last year was a lot of fun, and the fireworks show is quite good.

and of course, mickey will be there :)

I will be there! :wave:

DMC-12

FanofDinsey1981 said:
hey everyone, just thought I would let you know that the Magnificant Mile Parade this year is November 20th on Michigan Ave, with a great fireworks display to follow. Last year was a lot of fun, and the fireworks show is quite good.

and of course, mickey will be there :)

I will be there! :wave:

My Old office was on the corner of Ohio St and Michigan Ave... in the same building as the Coach Store.... I tried to get together a party with some of the Chicago folks here... at my office... with great view of the parade... but it never happened... (this was a few years ago) and I left that job a couple of years ago :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom