Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

Lisle IL here, just moved back to the "burbs" from Chicago. Don't miss the city at all. But I do get back out there to go to Cubs games quite often. :animwink:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
pocahontas79 said:
Lisle IL here, just moved back to the "burbs" from Chicago. Don't miss the city at all. But I do get back out there to go to Cubs games quite often. :animwink:

Watch out for falling concrete. :lookaroun :lol: ;) :p

Lisle is cool... LOVE the arboretum (was just there the other weekend). Oh.. and I love the touchless car wash on Route 53 next to that plant nursery... Thats my FAV car wash... they do a great job!

I just got back from a Cubs game tonight. Seems like the falling concrete is under control...for now. Lots of nets are up. Makes it look safer, but is it? :lookaroun

DMC-12

pocahontas79 said:
I just got back from a Cubs game tonight. Seems like the falling concrete is under control...for now. Lots of nets are up. Makes it look safer, but is it? :lookaroun

Ah... the city and private engineering firms have been inspecting it all weekend... I think it’s safe. :) BUT the nets will HAVE to come off during the off season (city's orders) and the Tribune company will have to do some major repair work before next years season.

I am actually kind of enjoying this fight between the Tribune and the City...lol It makes for an entertaining read.

The Mayor is a hoot! And, its just soooo much fun to watch him at press conferences. :lol:

FanofDinsey1981

DMC-12 said:
The Mayor is a hoot! And, its just soooo much fun to watch him at press conferences. :lol:

I TOTALLY agree. even if you don't like the guy, you still have to give him props for not taking crap from anyone. and getting to the point.
:)

DMC-12

:confused: Okay Peeps... Ideas? Suggestions?? Suggested Dates for another IL Meet? :confused:

Of course it would have to be in the Metro ChicagoLand area... aka lets keep this in Northeast IL... :lol: :wave:

Let the planning and suggestions begin! :sohappy: :sohappy:

WDWScottieBoy

Who wants to take charge of this meet and get it started? I agree that it needs to be in the Chicago-land area for sure. Is there anything on broadway or Disney related coming to the area sometime this year? I think we should get together and do something. Even if it's just a meet in Navy Pier and go on a dinner cruise or something, it would be a lot of fun meeting others from here in IL. Since I wasn't able to make the WDW meet and will more than likely be in WDW in late Dec which means I would miss that one as well, I'd like to be able to attend some sort of WDWMAGIC meet.

Should we limit this to just IL residents or allow anyone on the boards from across the world join in the fun? PM me or email me. I'd love to get something started here!

DMC-12

WDWScottieBoy said:
Who wants to take charge of this meet and get it started? I agree that it needs to be in the Chicago-land area for sure. Is there anything on broadway or Disney related coming to the area sometime this year? I think we should get together and do something. Even if it's just a meet in Navy Pier and go on a dinner cruise or something, it would be a lot of fun meeting others from here in IL. Since I wasn't able to make the WDW meet and will more than likely be in WDW in late Dec which means I would miss that one as well, I'd like to be able to attend some sort of WDWMAGIC meet.

Should we limit this to just IL residents or allow anyone on the boards from across the world join in the fun? PM me or email me. I'd love to get something started here!

I dont think we should limit it to just IL folks...

I can take the reigns on this if need be... but my work load has been a bit heavy.. and I am dealing with some personal issues... so bear with me... :lol:

:wave:

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
DMC-12 said:
:confused: Okay Peeps... Ideas? Suggestions?? Suggested Dates for another IL Meet? :confused:

Of course it would have to be in the Metro ChicagoLand area... aka lets keep this in Northeast IL... :lol: :wave:

Let the planning and suggestions begin! :sohappy: :sohappy:
Oh sure make it so I can't go! :cry: :cry: :cry:

WDWScottieBoy

I'd be more than happy to help in the planning and getting this together, just PM, IM or email me on what I should do. I look forward to something fun and most of all, DISNEY!!!

WDWScottieBoy

I saw a commercial tonight for this, just in case we want to actually get a start on an IL meet. I know it's soon, but I think it would be awesome. The info is from this site: http://disneyonice.disney.go.com/disneyonice/engagement.jsp?id=92822

Please let me know what everyone things. Thanks!

100 Years of Magic
Rosemont, Illinois
Allstate Arena
Sep 23, 2004 - Sep 26, 2004

Show Schedule: Thursday, Sep 23 2004 7:00PM
Friday, Sep 24 2004 7:00PM
Saturday, Sep 25 2004 11:30AM
Saturday, Sep 25 2004 3:30PM
Saturday, Sep 25 2004 7:00PM
Sunday, Sep 26 2004 11:30AM
Sunday, Sep 26 2004 3:30PM
Sunday, Sep 26 2004 7:00PM, Spanish Performance

Ticket prices: $45.00 / $23.00 / $18.00 / $11.00
Tickets go on sale: Sep 03, 2004
To order tickets by phone: 312-559-1212

For Group Sales: 1847-891-8916

To order tickets online: Ticket Sales
Venue

Tickets also available: Carson Pirie Scott, Hot Tix, Select Coconuts, Select fye locations, Tower Records

Erika

I'm not sure yet if we can go but that does sound like a good idea. There are a lot of new restaurants there, too, within walking distance.

FanofDinsey1981

:cry: no can do for me. That is a football weekend here at Illinois (as every weekend is in Sept) and we have to be in town for it. My husband has to do game-day support, and I have some friends coming in for the game.

But say hi to the characters for me!

DMC-12

Erika said:
I'm not sure yet if we can go but that does sound like a good idea. There are a lot of new restaurants there, too, within walking distance.

Yeah, I drove down that section of Touhy Ave not too long ago... I was floored... all sorts of new things in that area.

WDWScottieBoy

Should we get a thread stickied about an Official Meet for this? We can get a poll to see which date would be best. It needs to be soon as tickets go on sale tomorrow and I'm sure it will sell out fast. I can't wait to get this started! We can do a dinner and show too which would work great.

DMC-12

Hmmm I am not big on the "on Ice" shows.....plus.... I dont think I can sit very long in those ungodly uncomfortable chairs at the Horizion/Allstate.

If you guys want to... go ahead... :wave:

Just a thought... maybe we should do what we did last year... at Six Flags...lol during Fright Fest perhaps.... On like a Saturday during October... its always fun to make fun of that place... lol good times. And like dinner/drinks the night before.... (nothing formal... Hooters is a good time! lol) And a dinner after the day at Six Flags.... lots of choices in the Gurnee area.

...... anybody.....? :confused: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom