Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

FanofDinsey1981

just a reminder for those who are going to be in the chicago land area this saturday (22nd). the disney parade on the mag. mile is going on, with festivities all weekend!

I am going for the 3rd year in a row!:D

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
just a reminder for those who are going to be in the chicago land area this saturday (22nd). the disney parade on the mag. mile is going on, with festivities all weekend!

I am going for the 3rd year in a row!:D

It'll be the perfect weekend for it. Sadly I won't be able to go this year, but I'll be sure to record it!

Say hi to mickey for me! :wave:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
the Michigan Ave parade just started... the MK castle float just went by... and the Spaceship Earth Float is coming.... now they are doing a segment on Mission Space & Philharmagic ! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

FanofDinsey1981

THe parade was great, but the fireworks at the end were spectacular. disney or the city of chicago put up a lot of money to put on a great show, and I was quite impressed with the dazzling and fabulous desplay!

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
It'll be the perfect weekend for it. Sadly I won't be able to go this year, but I'll be sure to record it!

Say hi to mickey for me! :wave:

I waved to mickey for everyone! and I swear he waved back. :)

FanofDinsey1981

So how is everyone? I haven't been around on the forums for a while, just wanted to see what is up.

I am so out of touch with chi-town now, since I now reside in champaign. Any fun news going on up there?

And HEY! I was up in chicago last week for the wednesday performace of the Lion King. Absolutly amazing, and I loved the costumes. anyone else check it out yet? if not, you need to try to get tickets before it leaves, it is so very much worth seeing.

Who thinks Smith is going tobe a good coach for da bears? he isn't the offensive coord. they were looking for, but do you think he will do better than that last guy we had?

what about our QB? Grossman could be our future. got thoughts?

I listen to a lot of sports talk on my way to work every day out of chicago (EPSN 1000!). We don't have to much to talk about down here. in "banjoville." in "southern illinois". even though we are in the middle of the state. ;)

and while Iam bored at work, I will keep rambling....

anyone going to disney in march? the hubby and I are going down the first weekend in march for a few days, getting out of the cold and craziness of working on campus.

bizkid

Account Suspended
i just got back from a trip to WDW with my family and we went on the ALLEARS illuminations cruise, and there was one guy on the boat from illinois, and he was really really stupid. (no offense) he would say something, and then stare at you like you were supposed to answer everything he said. he was really stupid and annoying. that night i hated illinois and i swore that ide never go there just because of him.:lol: :D

Dwarful

I know my husband and the people around me who follow football are sad to see Lovie leave! So even though he is going to "the enemy" we wish him the best of luck. Its rough going in my house, my husband is a die hard Ram's fan, his brother is a cheese head, and my daughter's 2nd grade teacher is trying to brain wash her into rooting for all Chicago teams just because we live in Illinois! The day my kids root for the Cubs...well, lets just say that ain't happening ;)

With the rams out of it, its time to really focus on the best winter sport....NHL!!!! Let's go BLUES!

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by bizkid
who watches hockey, honestly?:lol: :lol:

j/k

Not to many chicago fans, I'll tell you that!
(though chicago wolves games are a blast to go to. and Illini hockey matches are great, the fans are ....lets say rabid.)
and not me, I am a basketball/football/baseball kinda gal.

Dwarful

hockey is a great sport to watch, of course I mean BLUES hockey (yeah, I am not loyal to my home state when it comes to sports) I
can't say that I care for the hawks at all. I don't bother with football, its a bit slow for me, but i would watch high school basketball and college basketball, don't bother with the pro's overpaid and over inflated ego's ruined that sport, besides that there isn't a probasketball team anywhere nearby.

The only great thing about football is the free time I get when my husband is "busy watching the game" thats when I get my disney fix!

DMC-12

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
I listen to a lot of sports talk on my way to work every day out of chicago (EPSN 1000!). We don't have to much to talk about down here. in "banjoville." in "southern illinois". even though we are in the middle of the state. ;)

and while Iam bored at work, I will keep rambling....

anyone going to disney in march? the hubby and I are going down the first weekend in march for a few days, getting out of the cold and craziness of working on campus.

-Well, I guess listening to AM 1000 is better than listening to Mike North on the Score 670... That man has single handedly set back the "Stay in School" initiative by about 20 years... :lol: :p

-I may be going to WDW this coming March... I have to do my taxes first... and see how the IRS will treat me this year :cry: :lol:

Oh... and how is it in Banjoville BTW?! :lol: :p ;)
If its South of I-80... then its referred to as Banjoville to me... lol :animwink:

DMC-12

Originally posted by Dwarful
So,don't you wonder what people in southern illinois call "southern illinois" ????

:lol: Oh My, I have never thought of that... what do you call it? ... and I'd hate to know what you call us City folk :confused: :lol:

Nansafan

Hey Fan, we saw the Lion King on Thur. 1/8/04. I started a thread then. It was awesome. The whole production was gorgeous. The costumes, daning everything. It is leaving Chicago 1/18 for San Francisco. We're hoping it comes back for a limited engagement like Beauty and the Beast did. My niece was supposed to go with us unfortunately she was in Bloomington for Theater Fest. If it comes back, we're all going again with her.

I don't know much about Lovie Smith although I'm a bit sad to see Jauron go. With amatuer sports, if the team is not doing well, they change the team line up. In the pros, they get rid of the coach. It's not always his fault that the overpriced athletes aren't playing to their potential.

As far as hockey goes, love the Wolves. There is so much to see between periods and time-outs, and you can afford the tickets. I can't afford tickets to a Hawks game. If I get to a Hawks game it's because I got the company tickets.

Speaking of company, I work for Gonnella Bread. We get letters all the time from ex-Chicagoans asking how they can get our bread. It's surprising what people miss when they leave their hometowm.

All my sister wanted after she moved to San Diego was a hot dog and my cousin who moved to Chatham, IL always wants us to order pizza when she comes to visit. At least with cable TV and satellite you can watch some of your home towm TV.

Dizparks

Hey everyone I just saw this thread and thought I would joing in. I am from Granite City, IL. It's just outside of St. Louis.

Oh and another thing people here in Southern Illinois just call it Southern Illinois. lol :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom