Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

Dwarful

Hey Brian, glad to have you join us, but, and its a huge but here, I must disagree! I am here in Godfrey, so I am just a hop skip and a jump away from you. But to me, southern illinois is more like Nashville, Carbondale, Metropolis area. Of course I am used to this area being called "The River Bend" area in the newspapers like the Belleville Globe Democrat, the St.Louis Post Dispatch and the Alton Telegraph that I suppose its ingrained in my brain, and therefore, I don't consider myself to be from Southern Illinois, but more like Central Illinois. But honestly if people ask where I am from I just always say "St.Louis"

by the way did you go get your taco's the other night??? Let's Go BLUES~~~

FanofDinsey1981

gee, you are gone for one weekend and all the sudden there are so many thing to reply to.....

lets see. we call chicago either "chicago or downtown", then I go in to specifics. north side means cubs game. south side means sox game. and downtown means bears game or shopping.

and if you say the 'suburbs" to anyone, it means chicago suburbs. and i hate it when students tell me they are from chicago, but they are really from the suburbs.

and we in champaign are eastcentral illinois. along with bloomington and springfield.

and I do agree, the lion king was fab, I hope it does come back for a limited run, I would love to see it again.

and it is so funny down here in champaign, the heart of illinois, where you will get an incredible mix of team fans. St. Louis has a HUGE draw here, the cardinals are talked about just as much as the two chicago teams. it makes for fun disscusions at our sports bars. :)

WDWScottieBoy

Just thought I would bring this back to life since no one has talked in it for about 5 months. I am 18 years old and I live 60 miles west of Chicago.

Going to Disney in 58 days, can't wait!!!

If you want to talk, feel free to PM me, email me or talk to me on AIM.

Have a magical day!

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by WDWScottieBoy
Just thought I would bring this back to life since no one has talked in it for about 5 months. I am 18 years old and I live 60 miles west of Chicago.

Going to Disney in 58 days, can't wait!!!

If you want to talk, feel free to PM me, email me or talk to me on AIM.

Have a magical day!

:wave: hi! what suburb do you live in? I am thinking schaumburg area?

Erika

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
:wave: hi! what suburb do you live in? I am thinking schaumburg area?

Can I play this game?

Schaumburg is northwest... I am going to guess... Naperville/Aurora area.

Any other contestants?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Hmmmm 60 miles out... Is that even considered a suburb? :lol: :D

Anywhoo... welcome :sohappy: :wave:

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by Erika
I was wondering that too LOL

*ropes ScottieBoy in about 20 miles closer*

haha, that is funny, Bourbonnais is about 65 miles south of chicago, and we are DEFINATLY not a suburb.

Erika, are you still in the 'burbs? or have you and the hubby moved yet?

Erika

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
haha, that is funny, Bourbonnais is about 65 miles south of chicago, and we are DEFINATLY not a suburb.

Erika, are you still in the 'burbs? or have you and the hubby moved yet?

Still here! But not for much longer. This is our last year. We plan to sell in the spring, assuming our house doesn't get picked up by a tornado in the meantime.

We've had a couple of funnels in the area. UGH!

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by Erika
Still here! But not for much longer. This is our last year. We plan to sell in the spring, assuming our house doesn't get picked up by a tornado in the meantime.

We've had a couple of funnels in the area. UGH!

no kidding, the entire state was about to be picked up by a long series of tornados and dropped off somewhere over the pacific ocean! luckily, our little town has only had a few downed tree branches and a bit of flooding in the streets.

DMC-12

Eh... I was almost caught in a tornado over the weekend, down in the Ozarks :lol:

The ones up here are weak compared to down there.

(see pic below)

disneygirl03

Originally posted by Fievel
Wisconsin people have nicknames for people from illinios

FIB's...PM me for the meaning on that one
Flatlanders

And several others i can't post ;)

:lol: hehehehehehe

I know what that means!!!

WDWScottieBoy

I've always wanted to know if there was a thread on all of us IL members. Just thought I would stop in and say hello as I am from IL, too. I live in the western burbs (at least I think it's a burb). I'm exactly 60 miles from Chicago. Anyone up for a meet in IL sometime since there are so many of us?

DMC-12

WDWScottieBoy said:
I've always wanted to know if there was a thread on all of us IL members. Just thought I would stop in and say hello as I am from IL, too. I live in the western burbs (at least I think it's a burb). I'm exactly 60 miles from Chicago. Anyone up for a meet in IL sometime since there are so many of us?

LOL! I dont think 60 miles out is considered a suburb.... anything WEST of Aurora is NOT a suburb. :lol: :p

I'm Exactly 20 miles West of my downtown office here. :wave:

Hmmm we do need another Chicago meet... Last years had a good turn out and was quite fun! :sohappy:

WDWScottieBoy

DMC-12 said:
LOL! I dont think 60 miles out is considered a suburb.... anything WEST of Aurora is NOT a suburb. :lol: :p

I'm Exactly 20 miles West of my downtown office here. :wave:

Hmmm we do need another Chicago meet... Last years had a good turn out and was quite fun! :sohappy:

I just moved back to the northern IL area in December and I didn't know about this site then or else I would've been at the meet. Should we try to get something started for a meet this year? I don't know if there's anything on broadway now that's Disney or not. And I've been told that since this area is booming so much and Metra is on it's way out here that we are the western-most suburb right now believe it or not.

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Grim Grinner said:
I've been watching these boards for awhile and a sudden moment of realization hit me. Although the vast majority of the people here seem to be from the Floridian area or small clumps from the south... a heck of a lot of us are from Illinois.

I wonder why that is...?

To further cement this, there's a hard core Disneyana store near where I used to live that even has a Rocket from the old Tomorrowland ride, and a few props of Mr. Toad.

I guess we all want to be able to go to Disney whenever we wish.

It's frustrating having a friend who lives in the area, telling me everytime on IM when he goes to the parks.

How many people on this board are actually from this area?
I live near Peoria, IL! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom