Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
It was like 100 here yesterday.... with the heat index... ugh... supposed to be as ucky and humid again today....

*beats darrel to a pulp with a IASW doll* :lol: ;)

darthdarrel

Originally posted by DMC-12
It was like 100 here yesterday.... with the heat index... ugh... supposed to be as ucky and humid again today....

*beats darrel to a pulp with a IASW doll* :lol: ;)
LOL! it`s probably 110 with the heat index! UGHH!!!! it`s so humid I can`t beathe! So I`m vegitating in my central air! :D

Erika

BRING ON THE HEAT!!!

I'll complain all winter about the cold but once it's warm out, I am happy. The humidity is hell on my joints but I will take it over the cold ANY day. :sohappy:

EpcoTim

I for one love the scorching Chicago days, for some odd reason, it always makes me feel like Im somewhere else. And theres a lot of ways to escape the heat. Lots of restaurants, bars, beaches, etc....I remember reading somewhere in this thread that someone is an animal nut.....Go to Belmont harbor. I take my poooch there everyday. Its a big section of beach closed off for dogs and their owners, or the ones they own, whichever the case maybe. My girl loved it. She learned to swim there, would have a blast with the other dogs, and would trot around keeping the other big dogs from picking on the little ones. She goes from black to gold shes in the sun so much. Shes a big girl, and the heat gets to her, but she would never want to leave the place. Its shady and breezy there, and if you get to hot, you can always walk out in the water or take a dip. People say its disgusting and gross and all, but think of what happens to the lake every time it rains heavily.....you think that all goes away in a few hours? Great place. :xmas:

Dwarful

well, its hot enough for me! I live in Illinois but what some call southern illinois and what others call central illinois, just across the mighty mississippi from St.Louis Mo. todays heat index is somewhere around 104+- 2 degrees, hey once its 100 does it really matter? Still as a former letter carrier (aka mailman.lady/girl I was 18 when I got that job) I got so sick of hearing that stupid line "hey babe is it hot enough for ya?" you know when you have 600 houses to stop at after hearing it 100 times in one day it gets a bit old. All I can say is God bless everyone who gave me a cold drink of water/iced tea and those that let me run through their sprinklers, or cool off with their garden hose! I had a walking route, no LLV for me, so when the heat went up I did whatever I had to do to keep cool w/o getting arrested ;) Still I loved the summers (except for the stupid tan lines) much better than walking on ice/snow for 7 hours a day!

DisneyCP2000

Well folks, we're half way through July. And instead of heat and humidity were getting rain and thunder! Twice the average :eek:.

speaking of which...has anyone seen any stores selling Halloween or Christmas stuff yet?!?! They tend to start earlier and earlier each year :rolleyes:

DMC-12

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
Well folks, we're half way through July. And instead of heat and humidity were getting rain and thunder! Twice the average :eek:.

speaking of which...has anyone seen any stores selling Halloween or Christmas stuff yet?!?! They tend to start earlier and earlier each year :rolleyes:

My power has gone out sooooo much in the past 2 weeks cause of the t-storms :mad: It went out 3 times in the last 48hours... ugh ENOUGH ALREADY! *shakes fist at sky and utters 4 letter words about ComEd) :lol:

I was flipping around TV last night... and QVC was selling fiber optic x-mas trees already....lol

Went grocerie shoppin last night... saw a TON of school supplies out ....ewww... I used to hate that when I was a kid... being dragged to the school supply sales....ick.. :lol:

darthdarrel

Originally posted by DMC-12
My power has gone out sooooo much in the past 2 weeks cause of the t-storms :mad: It went out 3 times in the last 48hours... ugh ENOUGH ALREADY! *shakes fist at sky and utters 4 letter words about ComEd) :lol:

I was flipping around TV last night... and QVC was selling fiber optic x-mas trees already....lol

Went grocerie shoppin last night... saw a TON of school supplies out ....ewww... I used to hate that when I was a kid... being dragged to the school supply sales....ick.. :lol:
Hey does anyone around the Chicago area know where Club Metro is? My favorite group VNV Nation is going to be there in September and I`m thinking of hopping on a [plane and going there for the weekend.

darthdarrel

LOL! I don`t care what it looks like I just want to see VNV Nation and I would like to meet a few Chicagons to LOL!:D I allready talked to Jer and Erika,maybe a few more can meet we are gunna go for Pizza and then maybe go See Nemo or Pirates! :D

darthdarrel

Here is the schedule for VNV Nation I took this right off their website,but Erika Sent me a link to find differant clubs in the Chicago area and it sent me to one called double doors and I checked their website and they don`t list VNV Nation! UGH! :(
NORTH AMERICA (AUGUST - SEPTEMBER)

30.08.03 - Philadelphia (PA) - Dracula's Ball (DJ spots only)
31.08.03 - Detroit (MI) - Venue tba
03.09.03 - Denver (CO) - Onyx
05.09.03 - Los Angeles (CA) - Peepshow
06.09.03 - San Diego (CA) - Hollywood Star (club Therapy)
08.09.03 - San Franciso (CA) - Death Guild
09.09.03 - Seattle (WA) - (venue tba)
13.09.03 - NYC (NY) - Batcave
16.09.03 - Chicago (IL) - Club Metro
17.09.03 - Boston (MA) - Manray
18.09.03 - Washington (DC) - Nation
20.09.03 - Toronto (ON) - Funhaus
21.09.03 - Montreal (QU) - (venue tba)
24.09.03 - San Antonio (TX) - SIN13

DMC-12

The big Air & Water Show is this weekend.... anyone going?

I thought i might go this year... but I got the shaft from my Air Force contact... so no VIP passes this year :( So I most likely will not go...

OH! and does anybody find it funny/ironic how Mayor Daley closes Meigs cause of "terrorism fears" (yeah right) :rolleyes:... yet.. he will allow all these planes to fly just a few feet away from all the skyscrapers this weekend :veryconfu ;)

DMC-12

Yay! just announced "Excessive heat warning in effect till 9pm tonight!"

With the heat index numbers... its supposed to hit 110 degrees :eek:

*sits in a baby pool full of Ice and beer* :p

mandib

Oh come on it's the last few days before all of us kids are stuck back in school. I spent my day in my nice pool! lol I don't want winter to come! lol Or school for that matter!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom