Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
You'll love the weather down there. It's just SOOOOO nice! But be prepared when you get back...I got back at 1am in shorts and I was FreeZing!

could you believe it...we still have the wind chill factor in JUNE!

Yeah! Out by me near Harvard they had a hard freeze!! For the love of Pete!! Its JUNE!!!!:eek:

Dwarful

On behalf of all Illinois residents : for those of you going to WDW any time in the near future would you please bring back some WARM weather!!! Every day the kids wake up its the same questions 1) can we go swimming? and 2). can we at least wear shorts???

Nansafan

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
I hear ya...this weather really stinks! The heating in the house acutally kicked in last night :rolleyes: :cry: . WHERE'S SPRING?!?!?!?:lol:

Not to worry. The weather will be great come late September and early October when the kids are back in school, 80's and 90's for sure.

Dwarful

Originally posted by Nansafan
Not to worry. The weather will be great come late September and early October when the kids are back in school, 80's and 90's for sure.

Oh so true, then some schools will be using "heat days" instead of snow days. Its 10 15am here and its another glorious day...55 and rainy! the kids are all over the place wanting to be outside riding bikes, swiming etc.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Dwarful
Oh so true, then some schools will be using "heat days" instead of snow days. Its 10 15am here and its another glorious day...55 and rainy! the kids are all over the place wanting to be outside riding bikes, swiming etc.

Yeah... I know.... Whats the deal? :confused: Its supposed to be sunny and 75 damnit! GRRRRRRrrrrrr

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DMC-12
Yeah... I know.... Whats the deal? :confused: Its supposed to be sunny and 75 damnit! GRRRRRRrrrrrr

I know, what the heck is this?!?! My poor daughter has her 8th grade trip to Great America today...she had visions of shorts and a tank top hopping to wear her bathing suit under for when she gets wet on the water rides....uhm....I DONT THINK SO!! Instead she left with double layered sweatpants, long sleeve shirt and hooded sweatshirt!! COME ON ALREADY!!
Seriously, I think the seasons are getting really confused from global warming...lol Spring comes in June/July/August, summer comes Sept/October/November/December and winter is Jan-May!
We are ALL messed up, up here!:hammer: :hammer:

WendyDarling

Originally posted by Dwarful

i remember having to go to school when it was over 100º and then one year having to go to school with a negative 45º windchill. that was a cold day

Originally posted by WendyDarling
i remember having to go to school when it was over 100º and then one year having to go to school with a negative 45º windchill. that was a cold day

I know what you mean, I remember that too. Aren't we lucky to live in IL:lookaroun

Dwarful

Yeah I know what you mean. When my husband & I were in school we didn't have heat days! Then when I was working my nephews & neices would be out of school because of heat and I would be out there walking my 5 mile mail route in the heat w/ a 30 # bag on my shoulder...talk about tan lines from hel! ;)

GenerationX

Hey, look at the bright side of our weather: utility bills. I haven't run the heat or the a/c in a long time. I may have saved enough to pay for our resort mugs! :lol:

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by GenerationX
Hey, look at the bright side of our weather: utility bills. I haven't run the heat or the a/c in a long time. I may have saved enough to pay for our resort mugs! :lol:

Our downstairs heat has been on for days now....though it is nice sitting in the hot tub when its a bit nippy out at night.:D But as far as utilities...I am still paying NICOR.:hammer:

Yellow Shoes

i am from IL, chicago area and the middle of a corn field while at school

...as I always say:

Anyone who says Kansas is flat (it isn't--we are, after all, the foothills of the Rocky Mountains) hasn't been to central Illinois.

WendyDarling

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
...as I always say:

Anyone who says Kansas is flat (it isn't--we are, after all, the foothills of the Rocky Mountains) hasn't been to central Illinois.

i think the most boring trip is driving the three hours to school. all flat land nothing but corn fiels. there are barely turns in the road. its enough to make someone crazy :hammer:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
i remember having to go to school when it was a negative 45º windchill. that was a cold day

Frozen boogers hurt... I used to live right on the lake and the wind would whip you in face with a -35 wind chill while waiting for the school bus... :lol: Man, that sucked...lol

Now matter how many layers you had on.. the cold would cut right thru you Brrrrrrr

Dwarful

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
...as I always say:

Minus the town of Alton, which I grew up near, I think it has the most hills in all of Illinois, it is on record for having the steepest hill in Illinois. what a pain when we do get a real snow, you cant go anywhere w/o going up / down at least one hill, every major road in & out of the town are hills...hmm maybe the city planners didn't want anyone to escape. But I do know when we go to Louisville Ky. I have to plan on lots of car entertainment for the kids as its mostly a flat 2 lane highway, w/o much to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom