Has anyone here ever used the online dining reservations system?

sublimesting

Original Poster
Has anyone here ever used the online dining reservations system? Ever had any issues with it? Do you get an immediate conifrmation #? Do you get to select the exact time? Am I just better off calling?

menamechris

Has anyone here ever used the online dining reservations system? Ever had any issues with it? Do you get an immediate conifrmation #? Do you get to select the exact time? Am I just better off calling?

I use it multiple times a month, and have never had a problem with it. It is extremely user friendly. You receive a confirmation number after you have made your reservation, just like on the phone. You have option to select a time, and you will receive all open reservation times as close to your requested time as possible.

harryk

I use it multiple times a month, and have never had a problem with it. It is extremely user friendly. You receive a confirmation number after you have made your reservation, just like on the phone. You have option to select a time, and you will receive all open reservation times as close to your requested time as possible.

Have used several times with absolutely no problem.
However, I like the personal interaction with the cast members and take time to make the calls.

mickeysshoes

I am going to try to all my ADR's this year on line. I am also one who likes to talk to a person but I also love being able to print out the conformation # so I dont have to write it down. Then with what I print I will make copies to give to the kids for meal on their own or as tease to what is up coming!!! I have never had any issues using the online. If you are not able to get a time or date that you are looking or then give them a call direcet and see if they are able to. Good Luck!!!

wdwfan100

I will also give two thumbs up to the online reservation system. We have never had an issue with it. It is very easy to use and actually kind of fun. It is part of our pre trip routine that we look forward to.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I use it all the time. It works great and has really sped up the process of making ADR's. You do get an immediate conformation number. You can enter in an exact time. If that time is not available it will give you options for other times and/or other restaurants. Start online. If something you want is not available call to confirm.

disney magic 06

I'm rubbish at computer stuff but have made all our adrs for our May trip on line and it was so easy and enjoyable, I really enjoyed it. As others have said, it is very user friendly and clear, and the confirmation email came straight away. Give it a try, you can always phone ifr you can't get what you want online :wave:

EvilQueen-T

never had any problems either. i like that i can make reservations on my own time...even if it's 3am and not worry about getting "the new guy on the phone lol".

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ive had problems, but only because for some inspired reason Disney UK (based in the US) uses a different reservation number to the one the resort uses for your booking, with the result you cant link a reservation to a stay.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have used it three times now. The first time I had a terrible time (it was new then), but the other times have used it I have had excellent luck. If you don't get the times you want, keep trying back. I wanted a reservation to Boatwrights and the system was all booked up and then I tried again a week later and there were multiple times open.

MillerPoppins

The first time I used it, the ADR did not go through and I had to redo it through the phone. After that, I did all my ADR's through the phone to ensure that I had them.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

I have used it and I really liked it. However, some reservations you can't make. For example, it wouldn't let me make the CRT with out paying even though I stated I was on the dining plan. So I had the time held in my cart and I called and spoke to a dining cast member. She had CRT pulled up on her end, she had me release it from the cart and then she grabbed that time slot. I have done this twice. The rest, I make online. I do sometimes call from time to time if I am looking for one - like Le Cell or something like that.

disneygirl1

Yep, I agree with what the other posters have said very easy to use... You are given a confirmation # as soon as you book the ressie and an email is also sent to you with confirming the places you booked as well... We will be booking our ADR's online for a trip in just a few short weeks! :sohappy:

RonAnnArbor

Use it all the time...works perfectly, faster for making alternate plans when your first choice is booked, and I particularly like it because I DON'T have to talk with a phone operator.

momofoneson

I've read on this forum somewhere that one person used the print screen option on their keyboard and pasted it into word so they could print up their reservation information all at once. ;)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Online system works great and is actually better for seeing alternatives available if your first choice isn't then the CM system.

AJScooch

Like just about everyone said, the online ADR system is great. I made over 25 reservations in one sitting last year for our trip. I took me a little more than an hour to do. I love that they give you alternatives. It was really helpful. Getting ready to do it again for this coming August on Tuesday.

Mrs.Toad

I booked all my reservations for my 2009 trip and had no problems when I entered the restaurants. I waited a bit at the Plaza, but the place is small and it might just have been that patrons were enjoying a leisurely lunch. They sat us down as quickly as they could. All of my reservations were fine that I made online except for the 50's. They didn't have it in their system when I approached the front desk, but I had brought all my print-out confimation numbers and once I showed them my online 50's one, they made sure that the two of us got a table and they were so nice and apologized profusely.

All in all, no real problems.

I did it again for summer 2011 because its our honeymoon and I will bring my papers again, just in case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom