Harry Potter is arriving sooner than expected. What does this mean for WDW?

The Conundrum

Original Poster
I wouldn't say terrible, but I was upset about some of the thing they didn't include. Bill, Fleur, Dobby, all the memories, and the ending battle, but it was a good movie. The books continue to blow the movies out of the water though.

best hp movie was the third. It was faithful while still having its own unique visual style.

The Conundrum

Original Poster
hahaha i completely agree....i hope i get phoenix feather but i will settle fore dragons scales

Im a 24 year old man and I will be purchasing a wand and taking part in the interactive adventure.

The HP magiquest interactive attraction will totally obliterate the kim possible joke they got going on at Epcot Center. Plus this will actually be fun for the whole family not just the tweens that know about the show.

hrcollectibles

I have, several times.

I don't think anyone in this thread has stated that it will make Universal the most popular park in Orlando. What most of us is saying is that it will have an effect on Disney in some shape or form.

I think it will have an effect on Disney but not one to the scale that I think some feel it will

plutoismyhero

Honestly i do think that some of the movies have been toned down which is good and bad...as Daniel Radcliff said himself in an interview the books and the movies are seperate entities people need to understand. And JKR has created one of the most for lack of a better term magical and MARKETABLE worlds in a long time HP is the star wars of this generation as someone said in another thread. There is no debating that HP is anything short of amazing

Its effect on disney will not be huge but there will be an effect i think...

deWild

I agree with krankenstein on the leaving parts out, but then again the books become significantly longer as you progress on in the Potter universe, and it becomes harder to put every detail into the movies.

The Conundrum

Original Poster
Behold bretheren! Disney's BANE has a title and it is:

Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey!

Prepare to travel where no Wizard has gone before...2010!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

Im a 24 year old man and I will be purchasing a wand and taking part in the interactive adventure.

The HP magiquest interactive attraction will totally obliterate the kim possible joke they got going on at Epcot Center. Plus this will actually be fun for the whole family not just the tweens that know about the show.

I wouldn't call it a joke, nor would I say only tweens do it. I know many groups of adults who have partook in such Adventures.:lookaroun

RSoxNo1

Well, going to be fair, we have to judge DOMESTIC... Since he quotes G-Force's domestic total, then he has to quote Potter's domestic total... and of course he'll quote the world-wide number for Potter... Potter will not do $300 million domestically... So, to make it look better he has to quote world-wide...

FACT: Potter dropped 61% from opening weekend...
FACT: Potter lost to G-FORCE..
FACT: G-Force will be not pull in $100 million domestically...

Fact: G-Force made an estimated $32.1 million in it's opening weekend.
Fact: Beverly Hills Chiuhuahua made $29.3 million in it's opening weekend.
Fact: Beverly Hills Chiuhuahua made $94,514,402 in it's domestic run.
Fact: Unfortunately, it seems that G-Force may be a franchise, which means Disney will push it even further. I am willing to make a bet (in the form of a charitable donation) that G-Force makes $100 million domestically.

The Conundrum

Original Poster
Fact: G-Force made an estimated $32.1 million in it's opening weekend.
Fact: Beverly Hills Chiuhuahua made $29.3 million in it's opening weekend.
Fact: Beverly Hills Chiuhuahua made $94,514,402 in it's domestic run.
Fact: Unfortunately, it seems that G-Force may be a franchise, which means Disney will push it even further. I am willing to make a bet (in the form of a charitable donation) that G-Force makes $100 million domestically.

Im anticipating a 70% drop in ticket sales next weekend for the G-force

_Scar

Behold bretheren! Disney's BANE has a title and it is:

Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey!

Prepare to travel where no Wizard has gone before...2010!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Seriously? Pretty awesome name! Where'd you get this from??? Do you know who will be in the ride?

IlikeDW

Picture from last weekend

picture.php

Coming soon NOT to a Disney park near you.

picture.php

Is that theming or a Washout?

picture.php

:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom