Harry Potter is arriving sooner than expected. What does this mean for WDW?

hrcollectibles

Well, going to be fair, we have to judge DOMESTIC... Since he quotes G-Force's domestic total, then he has to quote Potter's domestic total... and of course he'll quote the world-wide number for Potter... Potter will not do $300 million domestically... So, to make it look better he has to quote world-wide...

FACT: Potter dropped 61% from opening weekend...
FACT: Potter lost to G-FORCE..
FACT: G-Force will be not pull in $100 million domestically...

Jim Halpert: Question. What kind of bear is best?
Dwight Schrute: That's a ridiculous question.
Jim Halpert: False. Black bear.
Dwight Schrute: That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought--
Jim Halpert: Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
Dwight Schrute: Bears do not... What is going on?! What are you doing?!

_Scar

tree1.jpg

cool huh

edit- beat to it

FigmentJedi

Transformers 2 is one of the worst attrocities ever commited by man. Al-Qaeda only wishes they thought of it first...

Eh, I thought some of the action scenes were good, it's just that Michael Bay should not be let 40 feet near the plot. Only thing he's good at is action scenes and blowing stuff up. He only listened to about half the fans cries for more robots, but didn't get the whole idea that the Transformers are actually CHARACTERS and that the Autobots should actually do stuff besides fighting and remaining parked in their vehicle modes at HQ. And for someone so concerned that viewers might not get the concept of female robots, dropping a DAMN PRETENDER with absolutely NO explanation was an awfully logical choice :rolleyes:
Also, Herp and Derp are the worst characters in a Transformers ANYTHING ever. That screentime should have gone to the other new Autobots because then they might have had a chance to develop a personality. At least the Japanese dub made the Twins tolerable by having them be Kamina and Domon from G Gundam. At least Jetfire was cool and the GIVE ME YOUR FACE line is a fun little meme

A bad movie, but not nearly as godawful as something like say, the American Godzilla from 10 years ago. Now that is an affront to nature and an abomination against pretty much every deity ever. Even an HP Lovecraft style horror would be appalled by it.

jt04

Im looking foward to Dxer, justintime, and jt's inevitable meltdowns come next summer :cool:

HP will open and rewrite the book on e-tickets and Disney will probably still haven't announced even the most modest of upgrades for the parks.

I've already said I hope Potter is an amazing success and it forces Disney to add many attractions. But given Universals track record.....:zipit:

Im a 24 year old man and I will be purchasing a wand and taking part in the interactive adventure.

Oh. :lookaroun

And people accuse me of overdosing on Pixie Dust. :lookaroun

The Conundrum

Original Poster
I've already said I hope Potter is an amazing success and it forces Disney to add many attractions. But given Universals track record.....:zipit:

I have yet to see a suitable competitor for the Spider-Man ride at WDW and I would say IOA is on par themeing wise with anything Disney has done this past decade.

MIB blows Buzz out of the water

In terms of the actual ride Mummy and Everest and Simpsons/Midway Mania are about equals.

We have heard this all before. Uni's IoA was supposed to do all the things people now claim HP will do. Pardon my skepticism.

What you fail to grasp is that IOA wasn't anchored by a megafranchise. By 1999, Jurassic Park's popularity was wanning due to bad sequel after bad sequel and the Spider-Man film didn't exist yet.

If IOA opened with a Star Wars or Indiana Jones island it would have been a game changer.

hardcard

I have yet to see a suitable competitor for the Spider-Man ride at WDW and I would say IOA is on par themeing wise with anything Disney has done this past decade.

MIB blows Buzz out of the water

In terms of the actual ride Mummy and Everest and Simpsons/Midway Mania are about equals.

I agree, except for Simpsons/Midway Mania.. I just feel like Simpsons falls short, not sure why.. I love the characters, and some of the gags are good.. but it doesn't really leave me impressed, and or a little entertained.

jonnyc

I LOVE Bellatrix in the movies... does she have an influence in the ride?

Do you love Bellatrix, or do you really love Helen Bonham Carter. She stole my heart in Fight Club :lookaroun.

I agree, except for Simpsons/Midway Mania.. I just feel like Simpsons falls short, not sure why.. I love the characters, and some of the gags are good.. but it doesn't really leave me impressed, and or a little entertained.

I love the queue and all of the preshow, but whilst I thought the actual ride was good, it didn't blow me away.

hack2112

To be honest, Midway Mania does the same for me. It just seems like a jacked up Buzz with fancy technology.

Yes, I love my Buzz. Don't ask me what I did my last night in DLR.

Captain Chaos

Ummm perhaps you should check your facts. G force hasn't been released worldwide yet. I was reporting what the two HAVE made thus far. Harry Potter 6 is way ahead of Harry Potter 5 in money terms. So, to say it has died down would make you wrong. Plus, Harry made 30 million in the U.S. this weekend. Thats not too bad. And seeing the fact that It came out in the middle of the week really makes this kinda like its third weekend.

You still haven't shown where DOMESTICALLY it made $391 million.. If you are going to quote numbers, get the facts straight... DOMESTICALLY: $222 not $391 million...

Im looking foward to Dxer, justintime, and jt's inevitable meltdowns come next summer :cool:

HP will open and rewrite the book on e-tickets and Disney will probably still haven't announced even the most modest of upgrades for the parks.

Obviously you don't read, or don't know how to... NO WHERE did I say I hope Potter fails in IOA... I said opposite many times actually... So, before putting me in your of your lame posts, please make sure you know what you are talking about.. But for you, that is very hard to do...

Fact: Unfortunately, it seems that G-Force may be a franchise, which means Disney will push it even further. I am willing to make a bet (in the form of a charitable donation) that G-Force makes $100 million domestically.

I am betting you are right... :hurl:

Oh. :lookaroun

And people accuse me of overdosing on Pixie Dust. :lookaroun

JT, why do you bother going back and forth with him??? You know he doesn't read anything.. Or at least he doesn't comprehend anything he reads...

GothMickey

People, seriously, do we have to argue over how much Potter made or didn't make on the 2 weeks it has been released? The movies are enjoyable. They are what they are. Some people like it, some people hate it, some people love it. It is called life. Get over it. Seriously. :brick:

As for the ride, those pictures look darn awesome. Personally, I cannot wait to see what this looks like when finally open. IOA needs the help and this can seriously give it a nice starting point to redefine the park.

Lee

Adventurer
Im a 24 year old man and I will be purchasing a wand and taking part in the interactive adventure.
Ditto....except for I'm 40 and can't wait to waive a wand and have stuff happen.:wave:
(The Mrs., too. Only she's even more psyched for it....she has a Potter problem.)

The HP magiquest interactive attraction will totally obliterate the kim possible joke they got going on at Epcot Center.
Yeah, it'll be great.
But, I do enjoy the KP thing. It's very cute and surprisingly entertaining.

JustInTime

You still haven't shown where DOMESTICALLY it made $391 million.. If you are going to quote numbers, get the facts straight... DOMESTICALLY: $222 not $391 million...

And I am not going to...Harry Potter HAS made $391 million. Why would you exclude money the film has made? It made the money. Bottom line. It's a total figure. G force has only made $31 million as a total. Plus, $222 million isn't that bad of a figure for two weeks for a North American release. Either way, to compare a movie about hamsters to Harry Potter is completely insane in the first place. It doesn't touch Potter. I don't see why we are still stuck on it 6 pages later. There is really no debate here. I post what I want. Either read it, or don't. No point in dragging it on and on and on...:snore:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom