Harry Potter is arriving sooner than expected. What does this mean for WDW?

Captain Chaos

:ROFLOL: I guess I made my point.

Nah... I still don't agree.. But really, it is kind of stupid for us to be bickering back and forth over something that, let's face it, is making someone rich and making us poorer LOL...

All I intended to do was to point out to Justin that he needs to be fair when quoting how much money the two movies pulled in...

No hard feelings Scar... :)

_Scar

Nah... I still don't agree.. But really, it is kind of stupid for us to be bickering back and forth over something that, let's face it, is making someone rich and making us poorer LOL...

All I intended to do was to point out to Justin that he needs to be fair when quoting how much money the two movies pulled in...

No hard feelings Scar... :)

agree no hard feelings :)

I'd still like to know what's next for ioa and universal?!!?!??!!??!?

I've heard Iron Man rumors.... :lookaroun

krankenstein

Not underestimating IOA I love the park. Still when compared to the whole Disney experience it is not quite there. We shall see where it lands after Potter opens because it still is behind all four Disney parks in Attendance.

Oh and Actually AK has added, Dino Rama, Nemo, EE, Kali, and Yak and Yeti since its opening. Yes IoA opened as a more complete park but still no major attraction added in a decade seems odd. Well I guess if you wanna throw in that family coaster a few years ago.

You forgot Tarzan Rocks and, if you want to get technical, Asia.

JustInTime

He is counting HP worldwide gross in his numbers yet for G-Force he does not. Kinda misleading is what he was doing there. The 32mil for G-Force is US and Canada only.

The numbers don't lie. it's hasn't been released everywhere yet. If the numbers were there I would have posted them. We will see how it holds up when it goes worldwide. ;)

The Conundrum

Original Poster
Im looking foward to Dxer, justintime, and jt's inevitable meltdowns come next summer :cool:

HP will open and rewrite the book on e-tickets and Disney will probably still haven't announced even the most modest of upgrades for the parks.

JustInTime

Ohh now it is about quality??? I thought if it was quality, then people would flock to it, especially since it is timeless and everyone loves it??

Dark Knight was quality... People flocked to see it for a month straight... Potter, well, people aren't flocking to see it a week after it opened... If the quality was as high as everyone tries to make it sound, wouldn't people flock to see it, over, say G-Force, a movie that no one here thought was quality?? And please don't give me that nonsense that it has been out for 2 weeks... That doesn't fly... Again, Dark Knight took out the competition for 4 weeks in a row... Potter, 1 weekend..

Why can't people just accept the fact that the Potter craze had died down, even just a bit, and isn't at the same level it once was???

Potter fans are funny... There is always an excuse..

Ummm perhaps you should check your facts. G force hasn't been released worldwide yet. I was reporting what the two HAVE made thus far. Harry Potter 6 is way ahead of Harry Potter 5 in money terms. So, to say it has died down would make you wrong. Plus, Harry made 30 million in the U.S. this weekend. Thats not too bad. And seeing the fact that It came out in the middle of the week really makes this kinda like its third weekend.

JustInTime

Im looking foward to Dxer, justintime, and jt's inevitable meltdowns come next summer :cool:

HP will open and rewrite the book on e-tickets and Disney will probably still haven't announced even the most modest of upgrades for the parks.

:) You WILL get pics of the meltdown. Perhaps even video.

The Conundrum

Original Poster
:) You WILL get pics of the meltdown. Perhaps even video.

Funny thing is I thought HBP was a terrible film and this is coming from a pretty big fan of the series. Alot of the great stuff from the book was left out (no final battle/chase ) and the director is horrible with dramatic scenes.

To even compare it to g force though is a joke in itself.

Transformers is a prime example of why box office earnings really don't make a movie better than others

Transformers 1 was a great film and deserved the money and accolades it got.

Haven't seen Transformers 2 though but i've been told it is just as good as the first and not to listen to the haters.

Transformers 1 is easily Bay's best film and a great 80s style action film. If you want to see an example of a bad adaptation of an 80s cartoon/toyline see G.I.Joe

_Scar

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

JustInTime

Funny thing is I thought HBP was a terrible film and this is coming from a pretty big fan of the series. Alot of the great stuff from the book was left out (no final battle/chase ) and the director is horrible with dramatic scenes.

Transformers 1 was a great film and deserved the money and accolades it got.

Haven't seen Transformers 2 though but i've been told it is just as good as the first and not to listen to the haters.

Transformers 1 is easily Bay's best film and a great 80s style action film. If you want to see an example of a bad adaptation of an 80s cartoon/toyline see G.I.Joe

I agree with you on all points. The new HP director DOES suck at putting in the dramatic parts. I hated how he left out all the angry Harry stuff at the end of OOTP. I was looking forward to seeing his mess up Dumbledor's office/get upset over Sirius's death. Plus I wanted the fight sceen at the end of HBP(though I liked the fim). Transformers 2 was BAD. Loved the first one...

krankenstein

I wouldn't say terrible, but I was upset about some of the thing they didn't include. Bill, Fleur, Dobby, all the memories, and the ending battle, but it was a good movie. The books continue to blow the movies out of the water though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom