Harry Potter is arriving sooner than expected. What does this mean for WDW?

Captain Chaos

Well methinks, Disney may, MAY have something for the older set if they play their cards right:

TRON

With the new film having a darker tone, Daft Punk (that's all the rage with teens and their hip-hopping fish-stick loving Kayne West), and really cool specail effects with the lightcycles (that new white one sure does look like something that would come from a fruit company) Disney could use this as a golden opportunity, if the film is a success, to appeal to younger adults and teenagers.

But... knowing Disney these days... they probably won't...:brick:

Have Tron replace SGE... But how would they fit something Tron into that building???

maggiegrace1

So the most technologically advanced and an immensely themed dark ride, something that the majority of the people on these boards have been clamoring for, wouldn't interest you if it was added to Disney?

Honestly...no..:shrug:

Thank you!!!! Too bad to many people think that some of us hate Universal because we are high on pixie dust... I have given Universal plenty of tries.. I see nothing special about the place.. it is a theme park... I don't find many of the rides enjoyable... But that's me and I am entitled to feel that way...
You are welcome..:wave:

I hate American Idol (it's blocked on my Tivo) yet I love American Idol Experience. The cast members and guests really make the show fun and interactive. Definitely a must do (at least once every trip). You don't have to a HP fan or Spiderman fan to enjoy either attraction, but you'll just be missing out on a very innovative, ground-breaking attraction. IMO, US and IoA definitely have stuff for everyone. I'm sure Maggie would like Seuss Landing and seeing Barney.

Maggie would probably love Seuss landing..that may be one of the only things I would enjoy..I am not a roller coaster fast ride kind of person..I prefer Peter Pan and Dumbo to Space Mountain..:eek:.

I just really have no interest in going to Universal at this time..it seems like a majority of the attractions are fast, spinning, roller coaster kind of rides that Maggie could not do and I do not like anyway and that the only thing we would be able to really enjoy is the Dr. Seuss stuff..:shrug:

Like I said..even if it was at Disney..I would not go on it either..:shrug:

Not saying that it is not going to be amazing..but it is not my cup of tea..

That is all..

EpcotServo

Honestly...no..:shrug:

You are welcome..:wave:

Maggie would probably love Seuss landing..that may be one of the only things I would enjoy..I am not a roller coaster fast ride kind of person..I prefer Peter Pan and Dumbo to Space Mountain..:eek:.

I just really have no interest in going to Universal at this time..it seems like a majority of the attractions are fast, spinning, roller coaster kind of rides that Maggie could not do and I do not like anyway and that the only thing we would be able to really enjoy is the Dr. Seuss stuff..:shrug:

Like I said..even if it was at Disney..I would not go on it either..:shrug:

Not saying that it is not going to be amazing..but it is not my cup of tea..

That is all..

It's not, you're spot on. I love Universal, but other than nice theming, there's nothing for small children (Under 40") or people who don't like simulators, fairly fast moving rides, loud noises, fire, and spinning. Above 40" kids, and people who like tame to fairly exciting rides will love it, but right now as a big Universal fan, I think you're making the right call.
:shrug:

maggiegrace1

It's not, you're spot on. I love Universal, but other than nice theming, there's nothing for small children (Under 40") or people who don't like simulators, fairly fast moving rides, loud noises, fire, and spinning. Above 40" kids, and people who like tame to fairly exciting rides will love it, but right now as a big Universal fan, I think you're making the right call.
Thank you Travis..:wave:

That is exactly why we choose not to go..yet..maybe one day when Maggie is older but as for now we will stick to what we love and KNOW we enjoy and have things that we can all do.

We do plan on going to Sea World next march though...:)

71jason

Not sure Universal had much of a choice here--the week after Christmas would be murder with both sides of Dragons and Unicorn/Hippogriff down.

If they do open the land without Hogwarts or the new ride, it serves as sort of a "preview center." Give them a taste, if done right, they'll come back for more. And, of course, Uni can sell a ton of merchandise.

The problem for WDW is that the past, say, 5 years have based on the idea that if you "trap" guests on property, it doesn't matter what's in the parks. Magic Express, the dining plan, Magic Your Way tickets--all are designed to make going off property difficult and needlessly expensive. But the HP fanbase--which overlaps with the hard core Disney fan base--is going to go to Uni to see this. And once they have to go off property once, probably won't take much to convince them to spend another day or two off property (to see Rip, Ride Rockit, or Manta, or Aquatica...). Suddenly, the WDW parks have to stand on thier own merits again...and other than MK, I'm not 100% sure they can do that.

EpcotServo

We do plan on going to Sea World next march though...:)

Circle of life! See, and I have no interest in going to SeaWorld because the year I had an Annual Pass there, I got tired of seeing the "Trainer-Animal Bonding Moment set to Piano" that was in every single show and you end up seeing so much in a year you hope that the animal will just ONCE not do the tricks to screw up the "bonding moment set to Piano"...

(If you're wondering, it DID eventually happen, and indeed, it was hilarious. :lol:)

maggiegrace1

Circle of life! See, and I have no interest in going to SeaWorld because the year I had an Annual Pass there, I got tired of seeing the "Trainer-Animal Bonding Moment set to Piano" that was in every single show and you end up seeing so much in a year you hope that the animal will just ONCE not do the tricks to screw up the "bonding moment set to Piano"...

(If you're wondering, it DID eventually happen, and indeed, it was hilarious. :lol:)
:ROFLOL:

Funny!:lol:

Maggie would love the whales and dolphins and all of that cool stuff.:)

Like I said..every one is different and has different preferences..

_Scar

:ROFLOL:

Funny!:lol:

Maggie would love the whales and dolphins and all of that cool stuff.:)

Like I said..every one is different and has different preferences..

I took my nephews who are 2 and 5 and I don't think they enjoyed it. :/ All they has were the 3-4 shows there. Plus, Sea World charges for a lot of extra little things that should be free.

maggiegrace1

I took my nephews who are 2 and 5 and I don't think they enjoyed it. :/ All they has were the 3-4 shows there. Plus, Sea World charges for a lot of extra little things that should be free.
Really?..everyone else who has gone with kids say she will love it..:shrug:

Oh, well we have a while till march..
One word...PENGUINS!

Can spend hours in there watchin' em shuffle around...
:lol:
She LOVES Penguins...:lol:

FigmentJedi

Discovery Cove is ridiculously overpriced now when you consider that Marineland is now doing the same basic thing of swimming with Dolphins, though with far more affordable options.

Lee

Adventurer
I really want to go to Seaworld, but only for Manta/Kraken...and there's no way I will be paying admission for 2 rides.
I did.
Me and the Mrs. went over there specifically for Manta, Kracken and Atlantis.
Paid, like....$70 each and can now go back all we want for the rest of the year.
Well worth it just for Manta alone. In fact, we are going up to Orlando this week specifically for SeaWorld and the off chance of a Rip Ride Rocket soft opening.

WDW1974

I really want to go to Seaworld, but only for Manta/Kraken...and there's no way I will be paying admission for 2 rides.

SW is a great place to visit ... and far more than just for Manta and Kraken (even if I do love 'em!) ... it would be akin to going to DAK for Everest and CTX.

But as WDW CM, I'd advise you to befriend a SW CM ... and swap comps (from what I've been told, it's a cottage industry in O-Town amongst the kewl kids who work the parks circuit!)

WDW1974

I did.
Me and the Mrs. went over there specifically for Manta, Kracken and Atlantis.
Paid, like....$70 each and can now go back all we want for the rest of the year.
Well worth it just for Manta alone. In fact, we are going up to Orlando this week specifically for SeaWorld and the off chance of a Rip Ride Rocket soft opening.

Good luck on that last one!!!

_Scar

SW is a great place to visit ... and far more than just for Manta and Kraken (even if I do love 'em!) ... it would be akin to going to DAK for Everest and CTX.

Not safari, ITTBAB, Lion King show, Nemo show, jungle treks, or KRR?

Sea World is a one time in a decade kind of park. DAK is a park that still has much growing to do.

Captain Chaos

This is why I say Potter won't have any affect on Disney at all... The people who are able to ride Potter's attraction go there anyway.... the little ones are left out... The family of 4 will still be in Disney World...

Circle of life! See, and I have no interest in going to SeaWorld because the year I had an Annual Pass there, I got tired
of seeing the "Trainer-Animal Bonding Moment set to Piano" that was in every single show and you end up seeing so much in a year you hope that the animal will just ONCE not do the tricks to screw up the "bonding moment set to Piano"...

I visited Sea World last year, and other than bad timing that ruined our evening plans, I enjoyed SW..

You guys are missing out. Period.

Opinion... And a bad one at that... Some people don't like the park, get over it...

Hell, I'm 35 and enjoyed Sea World...

One word...PENGUINS!

Can spend hours in there watchin' em shuffle around...
:lol:

One more word for the penguins: STINK!!! The penguin exhibit smells like a men's room...

There is more to do ay Sea World, but, you may not be one who likes the animal exhibits.. Thats fine... Funny, I feel the same way about IOA... Why pay for only 1 ride??? :)

But as WDW CM, I'd advise you to befriend a SW CM ... and swap comps (from what I've been told, it's a cottage industry in O-Town amongst the kewl kids who work the parks circuit!)

I agree that SW is a great place to visit... Maybe not every year, but, still a fun place to go...

WDW1974

Not safari, ITTBAB, Lion King show, Nemo show, jungle treks, or KRR?

That was just my point. If you go to SW only for its two big coasters, it would be akin to going to DAK for its two thrill rides and leaving. DAK is so much more ... as is SW.

Sea World is a one time in a decade kind of park. DAK is a park that still has much growing to do.

I strongly disagree. Both SW and DAK are regulars for me (with APs for both) and I can't imagine someone saying DAK is good once in a decade ... although for some folks once is enough for Disney, so I'm sure the same is true for many at SW.

Not me.

Two terrific parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom