Harry Potter is arriving sooner than expected. What does this mean for WDW?

CaptainMichael

My pants would be dry..I would honestly not really care if it was at DHS or at Universal..because I am not a fan of HP..:shrug:..just like I am not a fan of American Idol and will avoid that also...I have no interest.

Not everyone is close minded and hates Universal because it is the competition..some people just have no interest in it because they do not have anything there that appeals to them.
I hate American Idol (it's blocked on my Tivo) yet I love American Idol Experience. The cast members and guests really make the show fun and interactive. Definitely a must do (at least once every trip). You don't have to a HP fan or Spiderman fan to enjoy either attraction, but you'll just be missing out on a very innovative, ground-breaking attraction. IMO, US and IoA definitely have stuff for everyone. I'm sure Maggie would like Seuss Landing and seeing Barney.

And as I always state, this park hasn't had ANY significant new attractions since opening so the upgrade is needed. While every WDW park has added multiple attractions since IoA opened! Let them have their fun for now...they may not add nothing new for another 5-10 yrs!:animwink:
DAK and IOA opened during the same year. IoA received a new attraction in Seuss Landing and DAK received Dinoland and Everest since then. IMO, IoA was more complete when it opened than DAK. HP is a much bigger, ground-breaking addition than EE.

Will Hogwarts be considered as the new park icon? Or does the lighthouse still take it?

No, but it will certainly be the new "weenie" and prominent on all marketing materials (much like Everest).

SirGoofy

DAK and IOA opened during the same year. IoA received a new attraction in Seuss Landing and DAK received Dinoland and Everest since then. IMO, IoA was more complete when it opened than DAK. HP is a much bigger, ground-breaking addition than EE.

IoA is still more complete than DAK.

Lee

Adventurer
If it were my decision I'd be shouting the features of this attraction from the rooftops.
Don't shout them.....PM them.:cool:

And concept art would be nice...but the models are not bad either:

Attachments

• feb09 018.jpg
    feb09 018.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 72

EpcotServo

Even so, Animal Kingdom is a thousand times better in theme and design...

GAHHHH! Now you have ME comparing awesome things that shouldn't be compared! AHHHHH! THIS THREAD IS MADNESSSS!
*crashes out plate glass window*

FigmentJedi

That's the problem. Before Harry Potter, they've been the most stagnant park in the Orlando area as far as bringing in new attractions or general plussing.
Not saying IoA is a bad park, it's a good one. Universal needs to be a bit more active with working on it though.

SirGoofy

That's the problem. Before Harry Potter, they've been the most stagnant park in the Orlando area as far as bringing in new attractions or general plussing.

I'd still go to IoA before MK any day of the week. Even with its stagnation, it's better than MK's failed attempts at being "hip"(UNM) and appealing to the kiddies(SGE/MILF).

CaptainMichael

Not saying IoA is a bad park, it's a good one. Universal needs to be a bit more active with working on it though.

I agree, but one could also say the same for Disney with DAK and DHS.

EpcotServo

:lol:

Sorry, Servo. But your right, although I think parts of IoA give DAK a run for its money theming wise(JP, Suess), and some drag the rest of the park down(Toon, Marvel).

It's alright, I've cooled down now.
*wipes glass bits from shoulder, wipes blood with napkin*

The reasons IOA can't top DAK for me (If you have to pit them against each other, which they really don't need to be.) is that there alot of real design breaks, like how you're looking SMACK into the unthemed side of Ripsaw Falls AS SOON as you get into the land, and that from Spiderman ALL THE WAY to Dueling Dragons are nothing but water rides. (Potter will help, but I want a better Jurassic Park ride that's not...wet.), and that at the end of the day it's just a bunch of cool random streets plopped around the Lagoon. There's no real message or mission to IOA, and even on it's worst day Animal Kingdom makes ya think.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, and maybe...Just maybe, learn a little more about yourself.

Anyways, I love em' both...I love Universal for who it is, it's fine spinny-throw fire-and-water-while-shaking-and-falling-in-3D self, and Disney for the place I love.

Universal can't live without Disney, and Disney only gets MORE attendence because of them.

They don't have the power to realize that, but it's something we can.

Glasgow

The problem with IOA is that there is nothing in the park that is dynamic. Every ride is the same everytime. In DAKs favor, it has animals and shows that change which at least changes the experience a bit each time.

Having said that, I did enjoy IOA but I could only go, say, every 7 or 8 years (which was the gap between my last two visits). I am very curious to see if HP is as good as everyone is hoping.

Missing20K

Don't shout them.....PM them.:cool:

And concept art would be nice...but the models are not bad either:

Oooo, that's a pretty sweet castle. I'll take two! One in blue please.

But some concept art would be interesting to see, to say the least. It doesn't seem like there is any real idea of what the ride will entail. Could be a great marketing idea, as few people will know what they are getting into, but I would think you could pull more people and get more people excited, if they released some amazing, "Disney-quality" concept art.

_Scar

It's alright, I've cooled down now.
*wipes glass bits from shoulder, wipes blood with napkin*

The reasons IOA can't top DAK for me (If you have to pit them against each other, which they really don't need to be.) is that there alot of real design breaks, like how you're looking SMACK into the unthemed side of Ripsaw Falls AS SOON as you get into the land, and that from Spiderman ALL THE WAY to Dueling Dragons are nothing but water rides. (Potter will help, but I want a better Jurassic Park ride that's not...wet.), and that at the end of the day it's just a bunch of cool random streets plopped around the Lagoon. There's no real message or mission to IOA, and even on it's worst day Animal Kingdom makes ya think.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, and maybe...Just maybe, learn a little more about yourself.

Anyways, I love em' both...I love Universal for who it is, it's fine spinny-throw fire-and-water-while-shaking-and-falling-in-3D self, and Disney for the place I love.

Universal can't live without Disney, and Disney only gets MORE attendence because of them.

They don't have the power to realize that, but it's something we can.

In Florida, water rides are a must. The more the better imo. Nothing beats waiting 60 minutes for Popeye and getting cooled off/DRENCHED by the end. Same with Kali.

IMO, DAK isn't complete without some new land for mythical creatures. There is evidence in many places that the idea never took off. Once it gets that it will be complete and should expand with the lands it has. Personally, DAK and IOA are 2 totally opposite parks and both are amazing in their own way.

magic2me

Thank you!!!! Too bad to many people think that some of us hate Universal because we are high on pixie dust... I have given Universal plenty of tries.. I see nothing special about the place.. it is a theme park... I don't find many of the rides enjoyable... But that's me and I am entitled to feel that way...
We have been there a few times and on HP is going to make us return. I am not a coaster person and IOA is just a coaster park to me.

I will not go until all of HP is open and then may only go once. It will depend on how much they have for me.

marsrunner

We have been there a few times and on HP is going to make us return. I am not a coaster person and IOA is just a coaster park to me.

I will not go until all of HP is open and then may only go once. It will depend on how much they have for me.

There are two coasters at IoA and one junior coaster. How is it a coaster park?

_Scar

/facepalm

Figment571

That's a interesting point that Cap'tMike brings up, though...The demographic. This is going to attract a ton of Teens and College age people..and a more mature audience. What's Disney doing for that? PI?:lookaroun Fantasyland?:lookaroun

Mehtinks it's time to look at EPCOT....:lookaroun:D

Well methinks, Disney may, MAY have something for the older set if they play their cards right:

TRON

With the new film having a darker tone, Daft Punk (that's all the rage with teens and their hip-hopping fish-stick loving Kayne West), and really cool specail effects with the lightcycles (that new white one sure does look like something that would come from a fruit company) Disney could use this as a golden opportunity, if the film is a success, to appeal to younger adults and teenagers.

But... knowing Disney these days... they probably won't...:brick:

Captain Chaos

I'm not sure it is fair to call IOA a coaster park... it really isn't... Six Flags and Cedar Point are coaster parks... IOA is a theme park with other kinds of rides to do...

The coasters aren't what makes me not enjoy the parks too much... There are other factors... If it were the coasters, I'd avoid Six Flags.. I don't... So that isn't it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom