Harry Potter is arriving sooner than expected. What does this mean for WDW?

SirGoofy

Not everyone is close minded and hates Universal because it is the competition..some people just have no interest in it because they do not have anything there that appeals to them.

So the most technologically advanced and an immensely themed dark ride, something that the majority of the people on these boards have been clamoring for, wouldn't interest you if it was added to Disney?

Lee said:
Yeah...the irony.
Tony B. was using the same type system to try some innovative things a while back....

Yea, but why add an E-ticket to the most visited park in the world, right?:rolleyes:

Captain Chaos

My pants would be dry..I would honestly not really care if it was at DHS or at Universal..because I am not a fan of HP..:shrug:..just like I am not a fan of American Idol and will avoid that also...I have no interest.

Not everyone is close minded and hates Universal because it is the competition..some people just have no interest in it because they do not have anything there that appeals to them.

Thank you!!!! Too bad to many people think that some of us hate Universal because we are high on pixie dust... I have given Universal plenty of tries.. I see nothing special about the place.. it is a theme park... I don't find many of the rides enjoyable... But that's me and I am entitled to feel that way...

_Scar

:eek:

"Thank you!!!! Too bad to many people think that some of us hate Universal because we are high on pixie dust... I have given Universal plenty of tries.. I see nothing special about the place.. it is a theme park... I don't find many of the rides enjoyable... But that's me and I am entitled to feel that way..."

You don't even like Spiderman?! Jurassic Park? The Mummy?!!

whylightbulb

You've been getting some bad info sounds like. An insider told me that the ride is already cycling through the show building! Although it is well over-budget and slightly behind schedule.
This is not completely true. There are 50 vehicles designed to cycle on the system. We haven't come close to this yet. Of course we have had a test track running for a while. There are sequences in the ride cycle that haven't worked once yet however. We are doing some things that have never been attempted in any ride system. A lot of this makes Test Track look like child's play. It's not just the ride system either. There are other major elements that are giving us headaches as well. Over budget and behind schedule is accurate however. Not as much as is being reported to some though.

Missing20K

That and so much more.

Neat. So each ride vehicle is an independent Kuka arm? That will be pretty amazing in and of itself. Add in amazing sets, AA's, and effects, and it seems to be shaping up to be one heck of a dark ride. And I'm not even an HP fan.

On a scale of 1 to 10, what will the "thrill" factor be? That is, are they utilizing the technology to push the "thrill" envelope, or just to push the "innovative" envelope. Will it be more along the lines of Spiderman and Dinosaur, or HM and PotC?

I understand if you can't discuss the topic in much depth because of your situation.

Another quick question: Why hasn't Universal released much concept art save for when the "land" was first announced? They don't seem to be promoting it much considering it will be at least partially opened in less than a year.

_Scar

Another quick question: Why hasn't Universal released much concept art save for when the "land" was first announced? They don't seem to be promoting it much considering it will be at least partially opened in less than a year.

More of an excitement factor? The concept art pretty much sums up the feeling of the land. I would be fine if all I got was construction photos. Everyone knows how Hogwarts castle looks :D

EpcotServo

Or MIB which is better than TSMM and Buzz combined.

Enhhhh...I love MIB with a passion, but the upkeep has really let it slip in the past few years.

Ideally we could all stop talking and live how I live -Do you HAVE to compare everything? Can't we all just live in the best kind of world, where one can have BOTH? Not everything has to be better than the other...all things can be equally great.
:lookaroun :D

Captain Chaos

:eek:

"Thank you!!!! Too bad to many people think that some of us hate Universal because we are high on pixie dust... I have given Universal plenty of tries.. I see nothing special about the place.. it is a theme park... I don't find many of the rides enjoyable... But that's me and I am entitled to feel that way..."

You don't even like Spiderman?! Jurassic Park? The Mummy?!!

Spiderman, if you read other posts I had, is the only ride I like in IOA... I don't hate Jurassic Park, but, I don't and won't gush over it like some of you do on here... And The Mummy??? I can honestly say I wasn't too impressed... Again, didn't hate it, but not gushing over it...

Edit: Actually, I am not being clear on Spiderman.. I LOVE THE RIDE!!!!

Or MIB which is better than TSMM and Buzz combined. Or Pop-eye, which makes Kali look like a carnival ride, or Cat in the Hat, which is a Disney level dark ride.

MIB is/was fun... But, honestly, I cannot say anything about Popeye cause, sadly, I never did get the chance to go on it.. Wanted to, but didn't... And Cat in the Hat was not open when I last spent a full day in IOA...

EpcotServo

I will argue that Cat in the Hat is NOT a Disney Quality Dark Ride though.

It spins at a thousand miles an hour past broken effects while props force you to look up-only to see that there's no roof and you can see it's just hanging from the warehouse ceiling.

It's crazy and I've been on it a hundred times, but it just ain't DISNEY quality, I will only put that ride under the Disney bus.
:lol:

rioriz

Enhhhh...I love MIB with a passion, but the upkeep has really let it slip in the past few years.

Ideally we could all stop talking and live how I live -Do you HAVE to compare everything? Can't we all just live in the best kind of world, where one can have BOTH? Not everything has to be better than the other...all things can be equally great.
:lookaroun :D

^^^Amen! And as far as I'm concerned EE>Mummy, tower>whatever the drop at IoA is, Splash>Ripsaw, Dinosaur>Jurassic, and so on...

IoA is a great park but After Potter, Hulk, and Spider I would get rather bored. And as I always state, this park hasn't had ANY significant new attractions since opening so the upgrade is needed. While every WDW park has added multiple attractions since IoA opened! Let them have their fun for now...they may not add nothing new for another 5-10 yrs!:animwink:

_Scar

I will argue that Cat in the Hat is NOT a Disney Quality Dark Ride though.

It spins at a thousand miles an hour past broken effects while props force you to look up-only to see that there's no roof and you can see it's just hanging from the warehouse ceiling.

It's crazy and I've been on it a hundred times, but it just ain't DISNEY quality, I will only put that ride under the Disney bus.
:lol:

CitH is way better than Peter Pan and Snow White. CitH tells the story great, has GREAT effects, often a hop on ride, and is themed well. The spinning is an added positive bonus.

_Scar

^^^Amen! And as far as I'm concerned EE>Mummy, tower>whatever the drop at IoA is, Splash>Ripsaw, Dinosaur>Jurassic, and so on...

IoA is a great park but After Potter, Hulk, and Spider I would get rather bored. And as I always state, this park hasn't had ANY significant new attractions since opening so the upgrade is needed. While every WDW park has added multiple attractions since IoA opened! Let them have their fun for now...they may not add nothing new for another 5-10 yrs!:animwink:

Well IOA didn't need any upgrades. The park just opened a decade ago. DAK opened a decade ago and as only gotten 1 expansion (EE and Dinoland kiddie stuff).

Jurassic Park's animatorics are great. They may not trump SM in storyline, but JP has it beat in technology (haven't been on DDRF). Popeye does blow away Kali by far. Spiderman blows every ride in the world out of the park :D. Hulk is a very good coaster, too. Suessland is not just some Dinoland in the park. It is something to see. Don't underestimate IOA.

_Scar

That's one thing I do not agree with. I was sick when I finally got off. :hurl: :lol:

I love Disney and Universal. It's sad that some people think you have to choose a side like it was a war or something.

Well, I'm just defending it. I love WDW and would rather have the bulk of my vacation devoted to everything and anything Disney. I just think it is wrong to think HP is just some ride and it won't be able to draw guests away from Disney. The Half Blood Prince just refreshed a lot of fans how amazing HP is. It did for me at least... :lol:

whylightbulb

Neat. So each ride vehicle is an independent Kuka arm?
I'm going to answer that with an ambiguous yes and no. I realize that doesn't make any sense but it will when you ride it.

That will be pretty amazing in and of itself. Add in amazing sets, AA's, and effects, and it seems to be shaping up to be one heck of a dark ride. And I'm not even an HP fan.
I'm not a huge HP fan myself. Then again I was never a huge Song of The South fan or Winnie the Pooh fan but I love Splash Mountain and Pooh's Honey Hunt. I still don't understand those on this board that use their disinterest of the HP series as a reason for not visiting the attraction.

On a scale of 1 to 10, what will the "thrill" factor be? That is, are they utilizing the technology to push the "thrill" envelope, or just to push the "innovative" envelope. Will it be more along the lines of Spiderman and Dinosaur, or HM and PotC?
I would say the thrill factor would be along the lines of Spiderman or Dinosaur and we are using the technology to tell an imaginative story and deliver some unique perceived and real visceral sensations similar to Soarin' but much more effective.

I understand if you can't discuss the topic in much depth because of your situation.

I wish I could answer that one. If it were my decision I'd be shouting the features of this attraction from the rooftops.

krankenstein

Well, I'm just defending it. I love WDW and would rather have the bulk of my vacation devoted to everything and anything Disney. I just think it is wrong to think HP is just some ride and it won't be able to draw guests away from Disney. The Half Blood Prince just refreshed a lot of fans how amazing HP is. It did for me at least... :lol:

Same, and I defend it too. What I mean is that it is a shame that we have to defend it.

_Scar

Same, and I defend it too. What I mean is that it is a shame that we have to defend it.

I agree. I can't wait until Saturday when I ride Dueling Dragons to get a good look at construction on Hogwarts :)

Will Hogwarts be considered as the new park icon? Or does the lighthouse still take it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom