Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows

Peaches Magee

Off the top of my head:

* As a kid, visited by Dumbledore in the orphanage
* As an older student, stealing his Uncle Morfin's ring
* Not long after that, asking Slughorn about horcruxes
* As a man, asking Dumbledore for a job

You never can tell what they will keep in the movies, but all of those seem pretty important.

Aha.. yeah they all do seem rather imprtant to the storyline, but we all know storylines are meant to be changed is the key to the movies since PoA, or more drastic in GoF.

Well apparently the actor that played Tom Riddle in CoS is close to 30 years old now kind of a stretch for him to play a 15- 16 year old I suppose.
But as a man he could, so I dunno if they will try it... seems according to Yates... not.

Yea I remember Schrimgeour being rather burly and lion-esque, yes. That is why I though Brian with a beard would be pretty good. Though I would still look to see Nighy do something in the series.

Slughorn was short, stout & pompous I remember.

Oh I am staying away from all things Potter online except for this thread because seems everyone here does not want to be spoiled.
All the other ones, those kids love to ruin it for everyone... no way. I want to enjoy it word for word myself. I am anxious but not to that extreme.
Some people are morons.

Wilt Dasney

Well apparently the actor that played Tom Riddle in CoS is close to 30 years old now kind of a stretch for him to play a 15- 16 year old I suppose.
But as a man he could, so I dunno if they will try it... seems according to Yates... not.

I don't know if it would make a big difference if it was the same actor, appearance-wise. In that scene where the grown Riddle comes back to Hogwarts, his appearance has already changed drastically because of all the experimenting he has been doing.

Peaches Magee

Touche... I do remember now that he is very sullen and looking sickly and mean. So yeah I guess the good looks of that actor is kind of wasted. Just always like them to stick with original characters. But look like a younger actor and older one will prove best for what is needed for those scenes.

Wilt Dasney

Oh I am staying away from all things Potter online except for this thread because seems everyone here does not want to be spoiled.
All the other ones, those kids love to ruin it for everyone... no way. I want to enjoy it word for word myself. I am anxious but not to that extreme.
Some people are morons.

I don't think I'd dare to go on a HP forum right now until I've finished the whole thing myself. :lol:

(Even this place makes me a little nervous, but so far, so good.) :lookaroun

Peaches Magee

Amen to that!

I think we are clear in here... I know I would never ruin it for anyone, especially for myself.. come on, gotta look out for numero uno over here... AYE! :cool:

I dont even want to try and guess what will happen...
JK always surprises us anyways.
Ok so 2 more days now!
BOO-YA!
:eek:

Number_6

bookwise- harry cant be the last horcrux. i have this worked out. in goblet of fire, voldemort comes back with the bone of his father, flesh of his enemy and blood of his FOE. Now, if harry is a horcrux, he has part of voldemort living inside him, so the blood wouldnt purely be of the foe, and the potion wouldnt have worked and voldemort wouldnt have come back to life. But he did come back. because it was harrys blood. not harry with a seventh of voldemort.

I think where this one is concerned, people are saying that it's the scar that is the Horcrux and not Harry himself. Like something organic acting as the Horcrux was embedded into baby Harry by Voldemort, leaving the scar. No one really knows what happened that night except for Voldemort. For all we know, Lily Potter cast a spell on Harry to try to protect him. Then when Voldemort came storming in and killed her, the final spell for the Horcrux activated the protection and blasted Voldemort to his non-corporeal form. I'm not saying this is what happened, just a possible way for it to work.

2. Everyone on earth except Harry survives when Voldemort detonates curses of mass destruction. Harry is left alone by the ruins of Hogwarts left with nothing but a pile of books from the library. He begins to read them, but accidentally breaks his glasses and can't read them. The end.

I take it your dad came up with that one, since it's and old Twilight Zone episode with Burgess Meredith? And Harry knows the spell to fix his glasses, so it would be a moot point. ;)

A

Yea I remember Schrimgeour being rather burly and lion-esque, yes. That is why I though Brian with a beard would be pretty good. Though I would still look to see Nighy do something in the series.

A close to 30 year old actor playing 15-16 isn't too much of a stretch. We already have an actress in Shirley Henderson who was in her late 30s playing Moaning Myrtle(the ghost of someone in her teens). Here's her IMDB listing:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0376602/

As far as Schrimgeour goes, if you want a burly, lion of a man with a beard, why not Brian Blessed. Harry Potter is one of the few film series featuring a large British cast that he hasn't been in yet.

imagineer boy

As far as Schrimgeour goes, if you want a burly, lion of a man with a beard, why not Brian Blessed. Harry Potter is one of the few film series featuring a large British cast that he hasn't been in yet.

Actually, I thought Brian Blessed would make a great Slughorn. I can just imagine his voice going "Harry m'boy!" perfectly.

CaptainMichael

I don't know if it would make a big difference if it was the same actor, appearance-wise. In that scene where the grown Riddle comes back to Hogwarts, his appearance has already changed drastically because of all the experimenting he has been doing.

I think they could get away with using Fiennes in that scene. I hope he gets more screentime in Deathly Hallows (I would imagine he does); he plays the part brilliantly!

Mufasa's Pride

I think they could get away with using Fiennes in that scene. I hope he gets more screentime in Deathly Hallows (I would imagine he does); he plays the part brilliantly!
I thought I heard they were casting for the role of young Riddle. I'm not sure if i was Tom Riddle at his Grandfather's house or when he requests the DA job.

CaptainMichael

I thought I heard they were casting for the role of young Riddle. I'm not sure if i was Tom Riddle at his Grandfather's house or when he requests the DA job.

I hope it's for two, one for the orphanage and one for the grandfather's house. Fiennes would be suitable for the DA job scene...it'd be a crime not to use him.

Peaches Magee

I think where this one is concerned, people are saying that it's the scar that is the Horcrux and not Harry himself. Like something organic acting as the Horcrux was embedded into baby Harry by Voldemort, leaving the scar. No one really knows what happened that night except for Voldemort. For all we know, Lily Potter cast a spell on Harry to try to protect him. Then when Voldemort came storming in and killed her, the final spell for the Horcrux activated the protection and blasted Voldemort to his non-corporeal form. I'm not saying this is what happened, just a possible way for it to work.

Great theory....

A close to 30 year old actor playing 15-16 isn't too much of a stretch. We already have an actress in Shirley Henderson who was in her late 30s playing Moaning Myrtle(the ghost of someone in her teens). Here's her IMDB listing:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0376602/

So true I didnt know how old Shirley Henderson was until I remembered her being in Trainspotting as a twenty something and that was back in '96. I just looked her up on imdb.com and she is actually 42 years old!
So crap I think they can use the original Christian Coulson as the student Riddle. I looked him up on IMDB and funny, he has the SAME exact birthday as me year and all... so he is only 28 (Yea I am ancient I know hehe)
And I do agree I hope they use Fiennes as the older Riddle wanting the DA job. Yes he is amazing in this role hope they use him to his maximum. Not enough of him in OotP, though there wasnt too much of him in the book either, so.

Wow, that would be a great casting!

CaptainMichael

J.K. Rowling said:
We are almost there! As launch night looms, let's all, please, ignore the misinformation popping up on the web and in the press on the plot of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'd like to ask everyone who calls themselves a Potter fan to help preserve the secrecy of the plot for all those who are looking forward to reading the book at the same time on publication day. In a very short time you will know EVERYTHING!

Everything?!?!?!?! I can't believe it's only a few days away *dies*

Peaches Magee

Originally Posted by J.K. Rowling
We are almost there! As launch night looms, let's all, please, ignore the misinformation popping up on the web and in the press on the plot of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'd like to ask everyone who calls themselves a Potter fan to help preserve the secrecy of the plot for all those who are looking forward to reading the book at the same time on publication day. In a very short time you will know EVERYTHING!

Ok that just literally made my heart race!
I can't bluddy wait!!
:sohappy:

Connor002

Ralph Fiennes plays all parts brilliantly.
I have to say, especially with the last film (which I just saw 15 minutes ago), that casting has assembled the best casts of characters ever on screen.

For the adults, at least. I'm still not a big fan of Radcliffe.
Everything?!?!?!?! I can't believe it's only a few days away *dies*
*cries*

Over the book.
Your death is just meh. :shrug: (But I'll bring some nice funeral flowers)

CaptainMichael

Ralph Fiennes plays all parts brilliantly.
I have to say, especially with the last film (which I just saw 15 minutes ago), that casting has assembled the best casts of characters ever on screen.

For the adults, at least. I'm still not a big fan of Radcliffe.
I would have liked the movie extended 30 minutes just for some more adult scenes.
What are your thoughts on Gambon as Dumbledore?

Radcliffe has grown on me...not sure about the haircut in OotP though...does costuming/hair read the books? The scene that really ticked me off was the Wizengamot scene where Harry's hair was combed...in the book it won't go down no matter what Mrs. Weasley tries:fork:

Nicole220

Ahhhh! I can't wait! :sohappy:

I finished re-reading the 6th book earlier today and got so excited! It really hit me that it was going to end in a few days. Two days seems so close, and yet so far.

It's going to be so sad finishing the book....It'll be hard letting the series go. I've grown up with the books and movies. :( At least we still have the movies to look forward to.

Wilt Dasney

Since we're all gathered here, can we make one small pact not to put any revelatory stuff in avatars or sigs after finishing the book? I knew more than I really cared to about the plot of Half-Blood Prince before I finished it, partially because of things I saw on here from folks who had already finished it and started dressing up their avatars.

CaptainMichael

Since we're all gathered here, can we make one small pact not to put any revelatory stuff in avatars or sigs after finishing the book? I knew more than I really cared to about the plot of Half-Blood Prince before I finished it, partially because of things I saw on here from folks who had already finished it and started dressing up their avatars.

*feels guilty about that*:(

I won't do it this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom