Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows

imagineer boy

All of the movies are at a distinct disadvantage going in because of the density of the books, which of course have only gotten denser as we go. Finding that balance between covering the important stuff in detail and not cheating the story when it comes to what's left out has been really tough each time. For my money, the PoA movie did the best job of it so far.

Yeah, but because its the last movie, then they probably won't rush it into production, and I can imagine it being around 3 hours long. It is the finale after all.

Nicole220

We'll see I guess. I can personally see them though, putting the most effort into it than all the other HP movies.

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

But because of the spoilers, I refuse to read tha article. But what exactly did they say about it? Did they like it?
Do you really think we're going to read it? :lol:

It's so tempting, but I can't do it.

imagineer boy

Do you really think we're going to read it? :lol:

It's so tempting, but I can't do it.

I know!:brick:

JKR will definately get revenge against the NY times! How? By making Sanjaya sing in front of them!:fork: The most horrible punishment any man can bring upon himself....

Wilt Dasney

Because it wasn't a very dense book. It's my least favorite *awaits flaming*

And I think I might like it the best. :lol:

If I remember (and it's been a long time since I've seen it), what I liked about the movie was the fact that Cuaron wasn't afraid to completely cut some things (instead of half-assing them with cursory scenes) in order to allow the big things to be explored more in-depth. I think that's really the best way you can do a HP movie.

Yeah, but because its the last movie, then they probably won't rush it into production, and I can imagine it being around 3 hours long. It is the finale after all.

Point noted. I wasn't referring to production time as much as the simple constraint of how much you can put on screen in a limited amount of time. Three hours might be enough. Whats been the longest one so far?

Peaches Magee

Since we're all gathered here, can we make one small pact not to put any revelatory stuff in avatars or sigs after finishing the book? I knew more than I really cared to about the plot of Half-Blood Prince before I finished it, partially because of things I saw on here from folks who had already finished it and started dressing up their avatars.

I promise! I will be rockin my iSnape for a bit.

But I honestly doubt I will be on the internet or even eating till that book is done. I have devoted the entire weekend to be glued to it.
Oh and then I get an email from my cousin saying she is coming in town this weekend from NY on business.
NOOOOOOOOO!
I love her and all but COME ON!
Why this weekend of all weekends?!

::cough cough::
I think I feel something coming on, better stay in bed and rest. :p

Ok so once I am done with the book, if someone doesnt beat me too it already I will start a fresh thread titled FINISHED DEATHLY HALLOWS... with a HUGE Spoiler warning as well. Cause I know that once everyone is done we are all going to want to discuss it openly. So would be good to have a fresh & safe thread to do so in :)

And yes I will be in tears when turning that last final page no matter how it ends. No more Potter books? What are we to look forward to then?

Ahh ha...

53rbk8l.jpg

5yvcgt4.jpg

689pc7o.jpg

Only 2-3 more years (the length to wait for a new book usually)
and 3 hours from my house.
It's a feasible substitute
:sohappy:

imagineer boy

If I remember (and it's been a long time since I've seen it), what I liked about the movie was the fact that Cuaron wasn't afraid to completely cut some things (instead of half-assing them with cursory scenes) in order to allow the big things to be explored more in-depth. I think that's really the best way you can do a HP movie.

The only thing that dissapointed me about PoA was the cutting out of Gryffindor winning the Quidditch cup and the part where malfoy pretends to be a dementor. That was my favourite part of the book... Oh well. I still enjoyed PoA though. But the one scene I can't STAND is the "He was their friend!" scene. Ugh, its just so cringe inducingly bad.

Peaches Magee

And I think I might like it the best. :lol:

Point noted. I wasn't referring to production time as much as the simple constraint of how much you can put on screen in a limited amount of time. Three hours might be enough. Whats been the longest one so far?

Cause I have no life...

From Wikipedia...

SS - 152 minutes (unbelievable compared to OotP, what the hey?)

CoS- 161 minutes (yet again, why was OotP SOO short and such a huge book!? Gotta love Chris Columbus for giving us longer flicks with more in them)

PoA- 141 minutes.

GoF- 157 minutes

OotP- 138 minutes (Come on now!)

Nicole220

Ok so once I am done with the book, if someone doesnt beat me too it already I will start a fresh thread titled FINISHED DEATHLY HALLOWS... with a HUGE Spoiler warning as well. Cause I know that once everyone is done we are all going to want to discuss it openly. So would be good to have a fresh & safe thread to do so in :)
I like that idea. I was thinking about doing that as well.

And yes I will be in tears when turning that last final page no matter how it ends. No more Potter books? What are we to look forward to then?

Ahh ha...

53rbk8l.jpg

5yvcgt4.jpg

689pc7o.jpg

Only 2-3 more years (the length to wait for a new book usually)
and 3 hours from my house.
It's a feasible substitute
:sohappy:
But it's all the way across the country for me. :cry:
But the one scene I can't STAND is the "He was their friend!" scene. Ugh, its just so cringe inducingly bad.
I can't stand that scene either. Bad acting.

imagineer boy

You're in hostile territory here on that one. :cool:

Right, Michael? :D

NY times secretary: Sir, you have a visitor and she's not happy!

Editor: Send her in! Why, its JKR! A pleasure to meet you.

JKR: You SOB! You lack discipline! I really don't want to do this...

Editor: Do what? There's nothing you can do!

JKR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExdyTCvsidY

Editor: AAAAAUUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!111111!!!!1!1! *shoots self* *brains splatter all over wall*

Peaches Magee

Sanjaya, Sanjaya gonna set this place on fiya!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't as bad as the ending with Harry flying into the camera:hurl: Of course, CoS was worse with everyone applauding Hagrid...

The freeze frame ending while flying and screaming, made me laugh like a literal "HA!" to the point that people turned and look at me...
waaaay cheesy ending.
Yeah the "we won the game" ending with Hagrid was a bit much.
Who else is annoyed at the end of GoF when Heromine does that weird gaze and breathes out "Everything is going to change now isn't it?"

Ugh, that bugs the heck outta me every time I see it.

imagineer boy

It wasn't as bad as the ending with Harry flying into the camera:hurl: Of course, CoS was worse with everyone applauding Hagrid...

Yeah, I hated both of those too. Harry flying into the camera was just cheesy, while with Hagrid you could tell that the film makers were clearly out of ideas on how to end the movie.

Peaches Magee

What part are you guys talking about? It's not ringing a bell for me. :lol:

PoA... Harry crying under the cloak then screaming out about Pettigrew.. yeah that was bad acting...agreed. Forced tears and all, almost looked like he was trying not to laugh. He was better in OotP though for sure.

Wilt Dasney

Cause I have no life...

From Wikipedia...

SS - 152 minutes (unbelievable compared to OotP, what the hey?)

CoS- 161 minutes (yet again, why was OotP SOO short and such a huge book!? Gotta love Chris Columbus for giving us longer flicks with more in them)

PoA- 141 minutes.

GoF- 157 minutes

OotP- 138 minutes (Come on now!)

so 2:41 is the longest so far. With the right director, a 3 hour DH movie might feel "complete." We'll see, I guess.

imagineer boy

Who else is annoyed at the end of GoF when Heromine does that weird gaze and breathes out "Everything is going to change now isn't it?"

Ugh, that bugs the heck outta me every time I see it.

Yeah, that's another one I don't really like either. It felt like the season finale to a high school soap opera when they graduate and go to college. But Emma Watson is hot, so all is forgiven. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom