Guest attacks Disney bus driver

Wilt Dasney

i refuse to give my seat up to anyone if i have waited patiently in line for the bus.

Rosa_Parks_1956.jpg

si23

good job i dont believe in karma if parents didnt want to stand on buses then i guess they should have used protection :ROFLOL:

Tater48

It was reported on another forum that neither party pressed charges according to two local news reports. I think that answers the question of if goofntink's story was valid.

Like I've stated before, some random poster on a message board isn't exactly a reliable source either. Next...

Well, which is it? First you site random sources on another forum for reason to discredit someone, then you say that random sources on forum boards aren't reliable. Can't have it both ways.

Tom

Beta Return

I must have missed the introduction of this image to BB usage. I've seen it used a few times, but I still have no idea what it means.

Based on the contents of the photo, and the file name, here are my guesses:

1) Hook, line and sinker
2) Someone took the bait
3) Get ready to be flamed

Based on context in this thread, I'm leaning toward #3 :lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I must have missed the introduction of this image to BB usage. I've seen it used a few times, but I still have no idea what it means.

Based on the contents of the photo, and the file name, here are my guesses:

1) Hook, line and sinker
2) Someone took the bait
3) Get ready to be flamed

Based on context in this thread, I'm leaning toward #3 :lol:
I interpreted it as "Flame bait" :D

Maerj

This is unfortunate, but after last week I'm not surprised to see emotions flaring. We stayed at the Poly. One morning we went to catch the DHS bus at 8:30. People had been waiting for some time. Three AK and three Downtown came (two Downtown pulled in one after the other). Several people asked if a Studio bus was coming. The drivers were surly and basically ignored the guests. One studio bus came but there were too many guests. After another 30 minutes, a guest got on the phone box and called someone (?). An empty studio bus arrived within a minute. We still went to the GF (their stop was empty) even though our bus was jammed. Also, there were two women in ECVs trying to get on the AK bus but they kept sending non-accessible buses. They waited at least 45 minutes.

Couple days later we went down in the morning to get AK bus. A man was very upset because they'd been waiting 40 minutes for the DHS bus. Many other buses had come but not that one. Our AK bus showed up immediately (and a Downtown Disney bus!). The guy and his family stormed off to get a taxi. Then a Grant Transportation bus with a small DHS sign on a sheet on the window pulled in. I saw several of these buses.

The bus service last week was the worst I'd ever seen at Disney. And it was very hot. They just crammed people onto these buses. Elderly, people with children and babies were forced to stand. We were treated like cattle. And this is not a luxury. It's something we pay for, something that is built into the price of your room. Taking the bus was the one huge downer in an otherwise excellent vacation.

WDW is a huge place and we all know that there are many people who stay there each day. Overall they do a pretty good job of getting everyone where they want to go.

On the other hand, the least 'magical' part of a Disney vacation is the bus service. They DO pack people in like sardines. The drivers DO yell at people to move farther back and then farther still to accomodate more people. Its annoying and a bit dangerous. I'm not faulting the drivers here but there has to be a better way to deal with the crowds.

When it works well, its great. When you're at a stop for close to an hour and don't see a bus it gets aggrevating. Even moreso after a long day at the parks.

As you said, it's built into the price of your vacation and they do advertise that one of the perks of staying on property is using their transportation system. I know people say just rent a car but Disney makes a point to tell everyone that they don't have to, that they will take care of getting you to where you want to go.

They just need to improve the system a bit so that it works better. Maybe swiping your card in a kiosk would help? Swipe it, type in how many people are waiting and where you want to go. Then they'd better know what buses to send.

Magenta Panther

WDW is a huge place and we all know that there are many people who stay there each day. Overall they do a pretty good job of getting everyone where they want to go.

On the other hand, the least 'magical' part of a Disney vacation is the bus service. They DO pack people in like sardines. The drivers DO yell at people to move farther back and then farther still to accomodate more people. Its annoying and a bit dangerous. I'm not faulting the drivers here but there has to be a better way to deal with the crowds.

When it works well, its great. When you're at a stop for close to an hour and don't see a bus it gets aggrevating. Even moreso after a long day at the parks.

As you said, it's built into the price of your vacation and they do advertise that one of the perks of staying on property is using their transportation system. I know people say just rent a car but Disney makes a point to tell everyone that they don't have to, that they will take care of getting you to where you want to go.

They just need to improve the system a bit so that it works better. Maybe swiping your card in a kiosk would help? Swipe it, type in how many people are waiting and where you want to go. Then they'd better know what buses to send.

Sounds great. I'd be grateful if Disney would just build more benches for guests to sit on while they wait for buses. All too often, there are none available. At the end of a long day at Disney World walking walking walking, the last thing I want to do is STAND for any length of time waiting for a bus. My poor feet!

mp2bill

"(ORIGINAL VIDEO) while waiting at hollywood studios for the epcot bus we captured the tail end of a disneyworld brawl : my friends and i were sitting by the line for the bus and i hurried to get my camera out. i missed recording the most intense part of this fight though, this is what happened: a man and his wife with her baby were waiting for the bus. there wasn't enough room on the bus so the bus driver told them he would call another one. the man was enraged and THREW THE BABY AT THE BUS DRIVER. the woman got her baby and moved back away from them. (then i started recording) thats when the man started attacking the bus driver then everyone called security over.... HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH?"

Bet they will try to press charges now. :rolleyes:

WDW IS the happiest place on earth. That guy is just the biggest on earth.

Rob562

Sounds great. I'd be grateful if Disney would just build more benches for guests to sit on while they wait for buses. All too often, there are none available. At the end of a long day at Disney World walking walking walking, the last thing I want to do is STAND for any length of time waiting for a bus. My poor feet!

It's difficult to keep (semi)orderly lines when everyone's sitting on benches... Imgaine the mayhem of a bus pulling up and everyone rushing for it from the benches... Or the arguements that would break out when one person holds a space in line for each group and then everyone joins them when the bus arrives.

-Rob

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's difficult to keep (semi)orderly lines when everyone's sitting on benches... Imgaine the mayhem of a bus pulling up and everyone rushing for it from the benches... Or the arguements that would break out when one person holds a space in line for each group and then everyone joins them when the bus arrives.

-Rob

Doesn't sound a whole lot different than the current system. :shrug:

TomHendricks

Yes, they advertise that its part of being at Disney. However if what they offer doesn't meet your needs, even being free. You are free to use other means, which means paying for a rental car or taxi. When something is offered for free, your at the whim/mercy of that person/entity. Weather it be at Disney or any other place. The stated approximate wait for buses is 20 minutes. Being upset that a bus hasn't shown after a half hour, which is only 10 minutes pass the stated approximate wait time. Even using the bus system there are other ways to get to your destination then just the bus going to there. At your resort, You can take a bus to DTD, switch to a bus you need. It maybe a little longer, but at least you will be on a bus right away and thats what seams important to some people here. Its up to you to use the bus system, monorail and boats optimally, not for them to be shofers.

janoimagine

good job i dont believe in karma if parents didnt want to stand on buses then i guess they should have used protection :ROFLOL:

Looks like mommy and daddy should start limiting your time on the computer kido, or at the very least your comments lead me to believe you haven't even hit puberty yet.

Tom

Beta Return

-Rob

Sounds exactly like the bus stops at every Disney resort hotel :lol:

I believe quite the opposite. I think they should ADD queues to the resort stops, because there is absolutely no crowd control currently, and I've routinely been in awkward situations of "who was here first? aww, heck with it, nobody's moving, just get on".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom